Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
TaeoG

Taeo's WIP addons - TerraThaumcraft, TTFCAPI, TTFCMat

722 posts in this topic

I patch the propick to make it work properly with any BlockOre. I also patch Block Ore and WorldGenLoose rocks to make coresampling a bit more robust.

Pretty sure Silverwoods spawned semi-rarely in vanilla forest biomes. Played a 1.7.10 pack a long while ago, and they cropped up quite frequently in some areas. That said, TFC is a mod built around exploration, so it is acceptable to make people take some time to find magical biomes, I would think.

well I've found a temporary/not-so-temporary fix for the magic biome crash. You guys like lag spikes, right?

18 hours ago, Bunsan said:

I understand your frustration with TFC code, which is why we eventually forked it and run a custom build. 

First for Thaumcraft. I'm pretty sure in the 1.7.10 version of Thaumcraft and possibly 1.6.4 Silverwoods are only found in magical biomes. The differences usually folks have biome mods that add other magical biomes, so they are less rare. 

A question. Can you find shards and other Thaumcraft ores with propick? Are you running into issue with propick code ignoring meta of blocks that aren't TFC ores. 

I am currently running three different mods that add TFC like ores to the world gen, but I have not spent a great deal of time testing the propick on them. I can work on testing them more extensively over the weekend.

22 hours ago, TaeoG said:

I'll double check the code, see if I can find that spawning instance. I'll also add a TODO to make a config option for larger magic biomes. I was pretty sure I found a sweet spot where the biomes were just large and just common enough but it would hurt to leave that to the player.

I see silverwood trees with relative frequency in other biomes. I tend to see about one per two vanilla biomes, and I've spent a good deal of time maining thaumcraft in modpacks and standalones. As someone who knows thaumcraft inside out, I am 100% positive they generate in other biomes.

Edited by dittoisepic

6 hours ago, OneWolfe said:

I am currently running three different mods that add TFC like ores to the world gen, but I have not spent a great deal of time testing the propick on them. I can work on testing them more extensively over the weekend.

It is ok. I know what the problem and solution is. Sadly TFC won't be updated to fix it. I just have no urge to asm TFC to fix it for my mod. The issue only crops up when you have blocks generating via TFCOres.cfg that have a meta other than 0. If it has a meta > 0 it will report the name of the meta 0 item. 

3 hours ago, Bunsan said:

It is ok. I know what the problem and solution is. Sadly TFC won't be updated to fix it. I just have no urge to asm TFC to fix it for my mod. The issue only crops up when you have blocks generating via TFCOres.cfg that have a meta other than 0. If it has a meta > 0 it will report the name of the meta 0 item. 

well I have it fixed in this addon anyway

6 hours ago, dittoisepic said:

I see silverwood trees with relative frequency in other biomes. I tend to see about one per two vanilla biomes, and I've spent a good deal of time maining thaumcraft in modpacks and standalones. As someone who knows thaumcraft inside out, I am 100% positive they generate in other biomes.

I'll have a look. I'm in the same boat as you and can't remember seeing silverwood anywhere outside magic biomes since maybe thaumcraft 2. But I'll see if I can find some caveat in the thaumcraft spawning code that has them spawn elsewhere.
Once I solve the "Already decorating!" bug.

17 hours ago, TaeoG said:

well I have it fixed in this addon anyway

I'll have a look. I'm in the same boat as you and can't remember seeing silverwood anywhere outside magic biomes since maybe thaumcraft 2. But I'll see if I can find some caveat in the thaumcraft spawning code that has them spawn elsewhere.
Once I solve the "Already decorating!" bug.

Sounds like a plan.

How is this Mod project coming along? Will it be available for download and use?

3 hours ago, Knightmarez said:

How is this Mod project coming along? Will it be available for download and use?

It is available for download and use, it is in alpha right now. Check back a few pages for more info.

2 hours ago, dittoisepic said:

It is available for download and use, it is in alpha right now. Check back a few pages for more info.

It might be helpful to edit the original post with the link to the alpha with a warning that it is an alpha and instructions on how you would like for people to report bugs, like crash log, description of behavior, etc.

I'm not planning on advertising the builds until it reaches Beta status. I would like to keep the number of people using these builds to a minimum, actually. As it stands now, none of the alpha builds I have provided are completely usable, since part of the worldgen is broken.

If repeated questions about downloads becomes an issue, I will make a note in the OP to that effect. But so far so good.

My dream mod would be this + lycanites creatures. I will defo be paying attention to see how this progresses. I am also happy to help with testing the mod. Send me a pm and we'll network. i'm a very serious person and mean the things i say. If i can help you , it can end up helping me.

Well, as far as I know I have fixed the world generation code

Spoiler

p6qh3Zl.png

TTC has been split into 3 parts, as I mentioned before. My API, TTC itself, and a middleman mod called Taeo's Materials, that currently just adds some nuggets and some worldgen for ProjectRed and Applied Energistics 2. Once I have some config files in place to allow people to turn that stuff off, I'll release another Alpha build. World gen is almost complete, I just need to test my ore code a little more extensively. Thankfully I'll be using the same  code to generate Forestry beehives on my server, which are a lot easier to debug than ore underground since I don't have to strip all the other blocks from a chunk to find them. Also, hopefully, there will be no more game breaking bugs when it comes to world gen ala time skipping or "Already decorating!" crashes.

On 9/10/2016 at 3:44 PM, dittoisepic said:

Sounds like a plan.

Been looking into Silverwood generation. Looks like they generate in this list of places

1. Thaumcraft Magic Forest Biomes
  2. Any biome marked as "magical" that isn't a taint biome
  3. forestHills biome
  4. birchForestHills biome

Only #1 exists in TFC, and thats obviously because I've gone out of my way to add it. TFC doesn't actually have forest biomes, as the presence of a forest is entirely dependent on climate conditions.

I can make it work I think, although I'll have to make them more rare since TFC is a lot more foresty than vanilla  mc in my opinion.

Testing the silverwood spawning, set them to spawn in any forested area at a high rate, so far so good

Spoiler

nsMsjpv.png

However, almost everywhere has trees in TFC, so even at the standard 1/60 chance of spawning, silverwoods are WAY too common. I will try to narrow it down to hilly forests, or maybe just hilly acacia jungles to compensate. They're easy enough to find, just head south until you hit a wall of trees.

Edited by TaeoG

Yes, I like this. Makes silverwood easy to find but hard to acquire. Its dangerous in the woods.

Spoiler

zziOKtK.png

What do you think?

I didn't think I would like it but I think I really do - it actually gives players a reason to go to the tropics, and even gives incentive to live or build there - essentially, you're trading lower temperatures (and thus slower food decay) for an increased number of pure nodes! It's not an unattractive feature for a Thaumcraft base.

Having some problems predicting where a forest will be, the code for producing trees is really bizarre. I have a sneaking suspicion its not intended to work like this, especially if you're anywhere approaching the north or south extremes of the map. And even though I think I understand how it works top to bottom, bugs and all, it still acts strangely. I have a map here where only spruce is supposed to spawn. However the evt in the area is 2x higher than the max that spruce allows, so there should be none. Yet there are spruce trees everywhere. Doesn't make any sense. (EDIT: turns out that unless all 3 tree layers are populated (which they're often not), as long as the rainfall and temperature match at least one of the layers there will be trees. 90% certain this is a bug)

Why does it matter? As I transition aura node and infused stone generation to use TFC climate instead of vanilla biome methods,  the chances of getting Terra vs Perditio depends on whether the area is forested or not.

Edited by TaeoG

I reimplemented the tree generation code to what I think was the actual intention, and added a config option to revert to the old version if the player wants. The climate based aspect system now works as intended as well, just debugging ore generation now. This code is also odd, as it always tries to generate an ore vein 3 times per chunk, but automatically fails after the first time... weird. I'll dig deeper tomorrow to figure out what is actually supposed to be happening there.

finding the perfect settings for ore spawning is tricky. 

Spoiler

slnpsgB.png

For those who want to try the newest revision

Spoiler

WARNING: Due to massive structural changes to the mod, previous savegames will have many problems. 
Please only use this for testing/experimenting purposes, and on a new save. There are more changes to come, so this will likely happen again.

Spoiler

Links moved to the OP

Changelog:

Major Changes

• Made it possible for cinderpearls to be placed on TFC sand

Minor Changes

• Split the mod into 3 pieces (all pieces are required to run)
  • Fixed crash when generating magic biomes with other mods present
  • replaced placeholder Infused Stone generation code with final, climate based version. Ore now spawns based on the qualities of the area. I can provide more info if people are interested.
  • Aura nodes also now spawn with aspects based on the area. No more water nodes in deserts!
  • Basic config files are now present. Feel free to poke around in them and see what you can change. More things will be added, and please let me know if you want something in particular to be configurable
  • Added Silverwood spawns to the Acacia jungles near the equator

Installation

Remove the 3 mod jars from the zip file, and place them in your mods folder as usual.

Edited by TaeoG

link has been restored, just ran into a couple bugs that I needed to iron out. 

So what's the plan next?

I'd love to see the infusion enchanting working and balanced.