Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
TaeoG

Taeo's WIP addons - TerraThaumcraft, TTFCAPI, TTFCMat

722 posts in this topic

35 minutes ago, TaeoG said:

I don't know if its just how Azanor formats his code, of if there is something wrong with my decompiler, but sometimes his code gets jumbled out the other end in unexpected, yet syntactically correct, ways. This is one of those cases. a0.7.2 should fix that issue, you'll find it in the linked mega folder.

Did you see my little post about mailboxes, as you asked for?

1 hour ago, dittoisepic said:

Did you see my little post about mailboxes, as you asked for?

yes, I see you verified what I thought about them. As for whether my port will have them, all likelyhood is yes. May have to alter the crafting recipe a bit, and I'll have to look at how the system handles food decay, but it shouldn't be bad.

Just now, TaeoG said:

yes, I see you verified what I thought about them. As for whether my port will have them, all likelyhood is yes. May have to alter the crafting recipe a bit, and I'll have to look at how the system handles food decay, but it shouldn't be bad.

OK, good. This will allow actual trade on some multiplayer servers that doesn't get you destroyed. In my mind, this is the main feature of forestry, although I never was a beekeeper type, so I never really got past teir 2 bees.

Edited by dittoisepic

1 hour ago, TaeoG said:

I don't know if its just how Azanor formats his code, of if there is something wrong with my decompiler, but sometimes his code gets jumbled out the other end in unexpected, yet syntactically correct, ways. This is one of those cases. a0.7.2 should fix that issue, you'll find it in the linked mega folder.

Thank you, that seems to have worked for now. Will let you know if we run into any other major issues. :D

Just now, dittoisepic said:

OK, good. This will allow actual trade on some multiplayer servers that doesn't get you destroyed. In my mind, this is the main feature of forestry, although I never was a beekeeper type, so I never really got past teir 2 bees.

you haven't lived until you've run a nuclear reactor entirely off the output of bees.

1 hour ago, TaeoG said:

you haven't lived until you've run a nuclear reactor entirely off the output of bees.

I tend to stick to the spells and fireballs as opposed to the automation. In my mind, if you can bribe, blackmail, slaughter, or otherwise force the enemy's hand, It's far more secure than a machine. AM2 was of particular interest to me because it tied all the powers to the player, really. I recognize how this is my personal preference though, and granted, I tend to grab supplies from my techy allies, then do the grunt work with my magic.

Edited by dittoisepic

23 hours ago, OneWolfe said:

Thank you, that seems to have worked for now. Will let you know if we run into any other major issues. :D

please do.

It looks like none of the recipes that use Greatwood or Silverwood currently work with the converted version of these woods. For example we are unable to craft the Greatwood Rod in order to upgrade our wands to the next level. 

For the moment I am simply going to convert the TFC logs back into the normal ones with a simple minetweaker recipe. I really dont want to have to do this too often since it could bypass some of the required research.

18 hours ago, OneWolfe said:

It looks like none of the recipes that use Greatwood or Silverwood currently work with the converted version of these woods. For example we are unable to craft the Greatwood Rod in order to upgrade our wands to the next level. 

For the moment I am simply going to convert the TFC logs back into the normal ones with a simple minetweaker recipe. I really dont want to have to do this too often since it could bypass some of the required research.

Well doors and other vanilla/tfc style items should work, but you're correct that the wand cores won't yet. Soon.

Just a quick update:

I haven't been idle, but I've been focusing more on backend things, so nothing to really showcase. I stumbled across a fairly obscure bug with world generation that made me go back to the drawing board (My world wrapper is now a worldserver wrapper)

Currently testing it. Its an obscure bug because it only pops up if you get in a fight with an NPC that uses or picks up items (like a witch from witchery who chucks potions)

Well, bugtesting is going well, however its to the point where I've given up on saying "world gen code is done", because every time I do another bug pops up. I'm moving back from the experimental branch into the main branch however, as I believe the newer implementation works well. I could release a new version, but I want to wait until it's more than just bugfixes.

12 hours ago, TaeoG said:

Well, bugtesting is going well, however its to the point where I've given up on saying "world gen code is done", because every time I do another bug pops up. I'm moving back from the experimental branch into the main branch however, as I believe the newer implementation works well. I could release a new version, but I want to wait until it's more than just bugfixes.

Alright, thanks.

Happy New Years everyone. Now that the holiday season is over and I have spare time again, its back to development.

Currently working on Enchantments. Sharpness has increased to 60 extra damage per rank instead of 1.25, Smite and Bane of Arthropods have increased to 125 extra damage per rank from 2.5 . This is fairly consistent with my 1/2 heart = 50 hitpoints conversion I've been using so far, but may still need balancing.

If anyone is still following this, especially if you've attempted enchanting terrafirmacraft items, can you tell me what issues you've run across? Both in unbalanced enchantments or strange behaviour? Thank you.

Trying to rebalance the Power enchant for the bow. Looks like in 1.7.10 "Power" increased an arrow's damage by 0.5, plus another 0.5 per enchant level, or at least that's what the code says. The minecraft wiki doesn't make any mention of that being changed at any point, but the wiki says Power increases damage by 25%*(level +1). This gives a considerably different result.

With the code balanced as is, arrows from a Power V bow will get a flat 150 extra damage multiplied by critical hits and arrow speed. With the code from the wiki, a Power V bow will do 250% damage, multiplied by critical hits, arrow speed AND how far you pull back the bow. I've managed to kill a bear (3000hp) with a single arrow, from a fully drawn bow at close range with the wiki version. Seems kinda OP to me, but on the other hand only getting 150 extra damage seems kinda garbage.

Edited by TaeoG

On 14/01/2017 at 0:23 PM, TaeoG said:

Happy New Years everyone. Now that the holiday season is over and I have spare time again, its back to development.

Currently working on Enchantments. Sharpness has increased to 60 extra damage per rank instead of 1.25, Smite and Bane of Arthropods have increased to 125 extra damage per rank from 2.5 . This is fairly consistent with my 1/2 heart = 50 hitpoints conversion I've been using so far, but may still need balancing.

If anyone is still following this, especially if you've attempted enchanting terrafirmacraft items, can you tell me what issues you've run across? Both in unbalanced enchantments or strange behaviour? Thank you.

I seem to remember silk touch being kinda wonky, I don't believe armor enchants work, but I could be wrong. I am pretty sure fortune has no effect, at least on ores. Oh, and fishing rod enchantments probably don't work. Maybe for the power enchantment you should have it do a smaller amount of bonus damage, but make the bonus damage crushing damage? Not sure if that's possible, but that way it doesn't let you one-shot stuff that a normal bow can't, while still making it a more useful weapon. Doesn't really make too much sense logically, but you could argue that the increased force is crushing, and it would be interesting from a gameplay standpoint. It could also increase the arrow speed of lower charged shots, which is the bow's main weakness. Also, what are you going to do about Javelins? Will they get their own special enchantment, or will they be made so that sharpness works with throwing?

I think it might be worth considering nerfing efficiency, seeing as this isn't vanilla MC where you progress from Iron->Diamond->Enchanted Diamond, but TFC where progression is more tiered. An iron tool with efficiency shouldn't be too much better than steel, I wouldn't think. Furthermore, if possible it should scale with how well wrought the tool is, though I suppose that should work fine already with efficiency since I think efficiency is a multiplier. Unbreaking is probably good as is, though it will need to be widened to be more universally applicable on things like chisels and scythes. Hammers and axes should both be able to receive sharpness, smite and BoA like vanilla axes. (If sharpness could be called something different on crushing weapons that would be nice, but obviously nonessential.) Since this is TC4 we're talking about, repair might want rebalancing with respect to the high durability of TFC tools. Fortune should be fairly weak on metal ores, not as strong as it is with diamonds in vanilla for example. Vanilla functions would be good for things like coal, clay and saltpeter, and for random rock drops though. It would be cool if it upped the chances of getting higher quality gemstones, particularly with diamonds from Kimberlite. Scythes should also be able to get fortune for sapling drops. If you decide to do the fishing rod enchants, then Lure could stay vanilla and Luck of the Sea could make the fish larger on average or allow you to catch squid or something. Don't forget to buff damage for thorns, and make it pierce damage so that it A. Makes sense and B. is weaker vs the ranged enemies.

Do you have any plans for an anvil replacement? Perhaps one could combine two enchanted tools on a TFC anvil through welding/metalworking? You'd have to add heat mechanics for them though, and ideally make the tool heads detachable for the process. Maybe a second tab could be added to the TFC anvil with the vanilla anvil functions?

That's all I can think of for the moment. Nice to see that you are still working on this project, and thanks for sticking with it.

This is great stuff, exactly what I was looking for.

This is amazing! TFC and TC are my favorite mods, I can't wait to see this finished! Best of luck to you!

Got Silk touch working for TFC Ores and stone blocks

Spoiler

zWD8dN9.png

2 hours ago, wormzjl said:

Is this mod still active in dev?

I'm getting this crash : http://pastebin.com/MdPX01Q1

I replace the code for generating the rocks that litter the ground in order to allow ores added by myself and anyone who uses my API to also show up on the ground. This is conflicting with some other addon (or perhaps your custom TFC "terrafirmacraft_tfnc") They also add code to the same class or replace it altogether like I do. It's hard to tell. a quick fix will be to remove the WorldGenLooseRocks class out of my api jar file, I believe it should still work after that. Just no bits of thaumcraft ore scattered on the ground. As for a fix on my end, I'd have to take a more surgical approach to adding my code to that class, which I can look at in the future. If I use a scalpel I can maybe avoid this conflict, but at the moment I'm using a sledgehammer.

also, Silk Touch preventing cave-ins. OP or no?

Just now, TaeoG said:

also, Silk Touch preventing cave-ins. OP or no?

Maybe, maybe not. Cave ins to me arent really a problem (as i really only dig for ores close to the surface and i know how to triangulate the postition of ores somewhat i dont really need supports) but if your going to build a big underground/mountain complex. It would be useful i guess

making decent progress on getting armor enchantments working properly. Damage calculation, especially concerning armor, is definitely different in TFC. Vanilla minecraft takes into consideration all your armor when you're hit, while TFC only takes into consideration the armor covering a particular part on your body, chosen at random. This means that in vanilla, an Enchantment like "Protection"s effects can be boosted by having multiple pieces of gear with the same enchantment. In TFC it will likely have to work a little different.

How its being implemented at the moment:

• Enchantments are cumulative over all your armor, but are affected by where you're hit by a monster. For example, if you had Protection 5 on your helm and 3 on your pants, you would get the benefit of both if hit in the leg or head, but neither if hit in the chest or foot
    • This is specific to each enchantment. So if, for example, you have projectile resistance on your hat, and Protection on your hat and shoes, you would only get projectile resistance when hit in the head, even though you'll get Protection from head or foot shots.
  • Fire damage, fall damage, and other particular types of enchantments that have specific damage sources attributed to them (that are not monsters) will always be cumulative over all your armor, so standing in fire up to your knees with a Fire Resist hat and shirt will still provide you with fire resistance from both, even though the damage is hitting your foot, conceptually.
Edited by TaeoG

☐  Untested
                                        ☑  Fixed (or already worked)       

Enchantments
Protection
Fire Protection
Feather Falling
☑ Blast Protection
Projectile Protection
☑ Respiration
☑ Aqua Affinity
☑ Thorns
Sharpness
Smite
Bane of Arthropods
Knockback
☑ Fire Aspect
☑ Looting (Javelins can only loot in melee)
☑ Efficiency (leaving it unaltered. May be a bit unbalanced but it works and rebalancing it would require me to change how vanilla minecraft works, which I'd rather not)
Silk Touch
☑ Unbreaking
☑ Fortune
☑ Power 
☑ Punch 
☑ Flame 
☑ Infinity 
☑ Luck of the Sea
☑ Lure
☑ Haste (Only works on boots)
☑ Repair (Only works on thaumium items)

Edited by TaeoG