Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
TaeoG

Taeo's WIP addons - TerraThaumcraft, TTFCAPI, TTFCMat

722 posts in this topic

In making Javelin's enchantable, I've fixed a bug that converted them to arrows if left stuck in the ground during a server reboot or save game load.

Also, converted Javelins into weapons instead of tools... not sure why they were tools to begin with, but this may bite me in the ass later

Edited by TaeoG

Update:

• Javelins now retain their enchantments when thrown
  • Javelins can only be enchanted with melee enchants, however equivalent ranged enchantments will take effect when the javelin is thrown ie:
    • Punch  ⇔ Knockback
    • Flame ⇔ Fire Aspect
    • Power ⇔ Sharpness
  • Smite and Bane of Arthropods damage bypasses armor calculations on undead and arthropods, respectively

Update:

Unbreaking now works on

• All weapons (including thrown javelins)
  • all Tools in crafting recipes for powders, wool, planks, bricks etc
  • the hoe (although the hoe has a very strange assortment of enchantment's available, including ones for armors. May or may not be able to fix that)

Hey, so I have no idea if you're still working on this but.. just to let you know I read the thread from start to finish in one sitting, just to show you how interesting this is :D
Any chance you could post the source somewhere like github later on, I'd like to be able to help with PR and cleaning up the code (which is actually something I enjoy).

3 hours ago, YaibaToKen said:

Hey, so I have no idea if you're still working on this but.. just to let you know I read the thread from start to finish in one sitting, just to show you how interesting this is :D
Any chance you could post the source somewhere like github later on, I'd like to be able to help with PR and cleaning up the code (which is actually something I enjoy).

Always good to see I'm not posting into the void. Yes, when this is more or less feature complete I'll throw the source up on github. I'm still actively working on it as part of an overarching project that also includes ports for Forestry, Applied Energistics, Tinkers' Construct, as well as a few other things.

1 hour ago, TaeoG said:

Always good to see I'm not posting into the void. Yes, when this is more or less feature complete I'll throw the source up on github. I'm still actively working on it as part of an overarching project that also includes ports for Forestry, Applied Energistics, Tinkers' Construct, as well as a few other things.

Would be awesome if we could seamlessly integrate TiC with TFC *.*

7 hours ago, wormzjl said:

http://pastebin.com/58yQkTKV

got a startup crash with the latest version

some other mod you added must have had a Tile Entity with the same name as one of mine. My fault really, should have used a less generic name, I changed it in a newer version already. I'll compile my newest builds and upload them in a bit.

hmmm, can't compile my code, gradle can't seem to pull down the MCPTools I need. I'll look into it tomorrow if I can

7 hours ago, wormzjl said:

Do you have a github repo for the mod?

I don't have a public repo set up, no, the source is closed for now, however that will change. I've uploaded newer versions of TerraThaumcraft (a0.7.6)and its prerequisites TTFCAPI (a0.8) and TTFCMAT (a0.7) to the Mega in the OP. Should solve your issue

4 hours ago, TaeoG said:

I don't have a public repo set up, no, the source is closed for now, however that will change. I've uploaded newer versions of TerraThaumcraft (a0.7.6)and its prerequisites TTFCAPI (a0.8) and TTFCMAT (a0.7) to the Mega in the OP. Should solve your issue

thanks!

Just checking the mod, could you add a config option for ttfcmat defining the nugget-per-ingot ratio? 

I would like to keep it 9:1 for the sake of compatibility with many other mods

Also it seems that the propick does not work for infused ores and other added ores except quartz

Edited by wormzjl

I can add the config option, sure. I made the ratio what it is for a very specific reason, that I no longer remember. So keep in mind issues may occur.

And yes, you're right, it appears I've broken the propick at some point, I'll have a look.

5 hours ago, wormzjl said:

Just checking the mod, could you add a config option for ttfcmat defining the nugget-per-ingot ratio? 

I would like to keep it 9:1 for the sake of compatibility with many other mods

Also it seems that the propick does not work for infused ores and other added ores except quartz

Alright, I've added 3 config options to Taeo's TFC Materials. You can now configure:

• how much metal a nugget melts into,
  • how many nuggets are received from the cast or anvil recipe, and
  • which nuggets you'd like to be in the ore dictionary.

This should give you a lot of control over how compatible it will be. The reason I used a 1:10 ingot to nugget ratio for my recipes is because you can only use whole numbers for the amount of metal per nugget. Meaning you'd either be short 1 unit, or have 8 extra units of metal if you reconstituted nuggets into an ingot. This would lead to either disappointment or metal duplicating, respectively. Maybe I should also add a config option to just turn off nuggets' capability of being smelted, for those who would rather just throw 9 into a crafting grid.

I've also fixed the propick for my ores. Now 3 types of ore should show up with the propick - TerraFirmaCraft defaults, any ore that uses the TerraFirmaCraft generator, and any block that uses the Prospectable interface I've added to my API. (As a note, for those modders that want their ore to work without using my API or the TFC generator, you could conceivably just add your ore to the TFC generator with conditions for spawning that are impossible. )

The propick shows the quality of my ores regardless of your prospecting skill at this point, however. I'll fix that in a future release. You can find the current newest versions in the link in the OP. Make sure you have the newest of all 3 for compatibility

Thanks for the update!

I've been testing the worldgen system and I'd like to suggest using TFCOre.cfg to generate stuff, in that way you can fine tweak things

Edited by wormzjl

4 hours ago, wormzjl said:

Thanks for the update!

I've been testing the worldgen system and I'd like to suggest using TFCOre.cfg to generate stuff, in that way you can fine tweak things

I'm not really sure what you mean by this.

18 hours ago, TaeoG said:

I'm not really sure what you mean by this.

Instead of hard coding the world gen, add something like this in TFCOre.cfg on the first run to allow player adjust you oregen

I think TFCTech has done this

bismuthinite {
    I:"Horizontal Density"=60
    I:"Maximum Height"=128
    I:"Minimum Height"=5
    I:"Vertical Density"=80
    S:baseRocks <
        igneous extrusive
        sedimentary
     >
    I:oreMeta=7
    S:oreName=terrafirmacraft:Ore1
    I:rarity=80
# default 100
    S:size=medium
    S:type=veins
}

Just now, wormzjl said:

Instead of hard coding the world gen, add something like this in TFCOre.cfg on the first run to allow player adjust you oregen

I think TFCTech has done this

bismuthinite {
    I:"Horizontal Density"=60
    I:"Maximum Height"=128
    I:"Minimum Height"=5
    I:"Vertical Density"=80
    S:baseRocks <
        igneous extrusive
        sedimentary
     >
    I:oreMeta=7
    S:oreName=terrafirmacraft:Ore1
    I:rarity=80
# default 100
    S:size=medium
    S:type=veins
}

Ah, no thanks. I don't believe there is a benefit to doing that. I can add most of those configurations to my own cfg file if I chose to, as I use the same code TFC uses to generate a vein of ore once its position is determined. However the determining of said positions in my world gen doesn't  work the same way as TFC's. TFC generates Ores based on the rock type in the area, mine takes into account everything from volcanic activity, tree types, average temperature and rain, biome, etc. Not to mention magic biomes, silverwood trees and such.

Also the world gen is pretty much done aside from possible bugs. Not much point in changing it now :)

On 4/14/2017 at 7:41 AM, wormzjl said:

Seems that your mods does not get alone well with thermos...

https://pastebin.com/cphqkkpz

Is it possible to make them compatible?

I can definitely look into it. can you give me a link to the mod you're having compatibility issues with?

21 hours ago, TaeoG said:

I can definitely look into it. can you give me a link to the mod you're having compatibility issues with?

It's a forge-spigot hybrid server software https://github.com/CyberdyneCC/Thermos/

I think the crash is probably caused by your modification of vanilla enchantments, maybe you can just add new ones instead of modifying the existing ones?

Edited by wormzjl

3 hours ago, wormzjl said:

It's a forge-spigot hybrid server software https://github.com/CyberdyneCC/Thermos/

I think the crash is probably caused by your modification of vanilla enchantments, maybe you can just add new ones instead of modifying the existing ones?

maybe, but then I'd have to add some means of swapping the enchantments after the fact, which would have a lot of edge cases to catch, or else just leave people with crappy vanilla enchantments as a possible outcome of the random-roll enchantment system, which is the last thing I'd want.

When I get a chance I'll see what I can do about Thermos compatibility, the hack I use for normal forge clearly doesn't work but I may be able to work around the bukkit code they got hidden in there.

Took a minute to look at Thermos today. I think I know what's causing the incompatibility, and have a good idea how to fix it. I'll give it a try tomorrow.