Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
TaeoG

Taeo's WIP addons - TerraThaumcraft, TTFCAPI, TTFCMat

722 posts in this topic

I've been going through the recipes in the Thaumonomicon one at a time and working to replace the recipes. I'm having a bit of trouble with the Alchemical Furnace, however, as it needs a furnace as part of its recipe. Neither campfires or forges (the most similar analogues both in terms of theme and material cost) are craftable, and I think using a metal grill is likely too expensive compared to a furnace. Any ideas in terms of a replacement in the recipe? Maybe restructure it altogether into something different?

I just believe that it is best to simply omit the furnace. In vanilla, the furnace can be easily made with little resources, and also the alchemical furnace is already furnace shaped without it.

1 hour ago, bigblueturret said:

I just believe that it is best to simply omit the furnace. In vanilla, the furnace can be easily made with little resources, and also the alchemical furnace is already furnace shaped without it.

yes, you're right, the shape is already a furnace, the extra furnace in the middle is kinda pointless

My major struggle right now is getting ore purification working. Right now I have a cluster version of every ore chunk, but I'm really not liking having "Rich copper cluster" and "poor copper cluster" as distinct things. Its not too weird for "clusters", but the main problem is I'm basing this off the "ore dust" I'm adding to TTFCMAT to allow for compatibility with the dozens of mods out there that grind ores down to get double yield, and it REALLY doesn't make sense to have Rich Copper Dust and Poor Copper Dust and not being able to combine them. But compatibility there may be a pipe dream if I can't figure out a convenient way to combine the dusts together in multiples of 200.

18 hours ago, wormzjl said:

My approach: grind rich/poor/normal ores to small ores, then grind further to get corresponding small ore dusts.

Anyone interested in this here ?

https://www.reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/comments/6sra84/some_flowcharts_and_teasers_for_my_hardcore/

yikes.

So how do you account for the fact that players can choose the yield of each type of ore in the configuration, and that most of those mods assume a 1:2 dust to ingot ratio when a small dust would be worth approx 0.2 of an ingot, when doubled at default settings.

What Ive come up with so far is a recipe for combining the various "qualities" of dust into a generic dust, and then being able to split 200 units worth of that dust out at a time, in order to solve those two problems. But that results in a third problem, and that is that not all automation mods include a way to automate generic crafting table recipe, so portioning dusts may not always be viable

Edited by TaeoG

What about having the various ore clusters be a more rich version of the current ores, ie, nuggets worth 10, poor worth 15, normal 25, rich 35 and maybe clusters worth 70. or 50

As for grinding ores to dusts, maybe make each ore produce multiple dust piles, with x number of piles equaling an ingot. make it so 100 ore units worth of ores, produces 200 ore units worth of dust.

Edit: After adding your two most updated versions of Terrathaumcraft and ttfcapi to both my single player and my server, I began getting a new crash.

pastebin

The crash occurs after successfully logging into the server, then within half a second of the in game world loading, the game crashes.

Edited by sabbatnight13
Adding crashlog

4 hours ago, sabbatnight13 said:

What about having the various ore clusters be a more rich version of the current ores, ie, nuggets worth 10, poor worth 15, normal 25, rich 35 and maybe clusters worth 70. or 50

As for grinding ores to dusts, maybe make each ore produce multiple dust piles, with x number of piles equaling an ingot. make it so 100 ore units worth of ores, produces 200 ore units worth of dust.

Edit: After adding your two most updated versions of Terrathaumcraft and ttfcapi to both my single player and my server, I began getting a new crash.

pastebin

The crash occurs after successfully logging into the server, then within half a second of the in game world loading, the game crashes.

I do have a cluster for each type of ore, which will be fine, but its the dusts from things like macerators that are the problem. I don't have control over the specifics of the recipes these mods use which is usually "Item with this meta in -> other Item with other meta out", ignoring nbt tags, stacks of items, etc. Trying to play within other people's code that makes assumptions that don't apply in this case is quite difficult, and a large part of my work on these crossovers.

That crash is caused by the code I got from Wormzjl to fix the mismatched time in other dimensions, I'll see what I can do, I'm not sure what could be null in that situation to cause a npe like that.

well, I could get the same crash on my test bench, but it was intermittent and unrepeatable. Grab ttfcapi 0.8.9 from the mega link, I've made it so IF that failure happens, it wont cause a crash but merely give a warning. If you find your server logs full of "null pointer exception in world time" then let me know and I'll look into it deeper.

Thanks for the fix, but it seems to have cause an interesting issue.

Instead of the expected null pointer exception, im getting this line in my console, posted 3-10 times per second

09.09 23:53:53 [Server] Server thread/INFO [TerraThaumcraft]: generateOverworld called in Infused Ore Generator

Ive no idea how the code you fixed could have caused the ore generator to be called that much.

2 hours ago, sabbatnight13 said:

Thanks for the fix, but it seems to have cause an interesting issue.

Instead of the expected null pointer exception, im getting this line in my console, posted 3-10 times per second

09.09 23:53:53 [Server] Server thread/INFO [TerraThaumcraft]: generateOverworld called in Infused Ore Generator

Ive no idea how the code you fixed could have caused the ore generator to be called that much.

well.... it can't.  Which version of TerraThaumcraft are you using? The particular line of code that causes that doesn't actually exist anymore as far as I know

I just updated to the newest version of Terrathaumcraft last night before I started getting that line of code in my console. Version a.0.8

After a bit of testing this morning, I learned that that line of code only appears in the console when someone is actually on the server.

If no one is online, everything is fine.

4 hours ago, sabbatnight13 said:

I just updated to the newest version of Terrathaumcraft last night before I started getting that line of code in my console. Version a.0.8

After a bit of testing this morning, I learned that that line of code only appears in the console when someone is actually on the server.

If no one is online, everything is fine.

well, to say I'm confused is an understatement. I've gone through every single time I call my log output, and that error message doesn't exist. I've got a bit more work to do on my current build of TerraThaumcraft, that will require an update of TTFCMAT as well, but hopefully that new version will not have this bizarre problem

for now, I guess it would be best to roll back to before you updated and got the crash from the time error

Edited by TaeoG

Did you happens to modify the inventory index of TFC?

Seems my inventory got a bit messed up

Edit: seems that the method of patching you have used have interfered with my fix for inventory index in InventoryPlayerTFC.class

In vanilla TFC, if you wear a full set of armor and opens a gui like MFSU in IC2, there is a chance that you'll get a second boot in your backpack slot.

You might want to take a look at my fix: 

https://github.com/wormzjl/TFCraft/commit/d31b3276f92bcfb8912717df44a39aee11c2e64a

https://github.com/wormzjl/TFCraft/commit/af47d71cfc10b9b4c2da6d83c3e05f8b8603a12b

Edited by wormzjl

20 hours ago, wormzjl said:

Edit: seems that the method of patching you have used have interfered with my fix for inventory index in InventoryPlayerTFC.class

In vanilla TFC, if you wear a full set of armor and opens a gui like MFSU in IC2, there is a chance that you'll get a second boot in your backpack slot.

You might want to take a look at my fix: 

https://github.com/wormzjl/TFCraft/commit/d31b3276f92bcfb8912717df44a39aee11c2e64a

https://github.com/wormzjl/TFCraft/commit/af47d71cfc10b9b4c2da6d83c3e05f8b8603a12b

I'm not terribly surprised. A lot of my patches are very hamfisted, and I try to make them a little less so over time. I'd like to remove all the code injection altogether if I could.

I noticed that if you open the inventory screen for an armor rack like in bibliocraft that the armor is screwed up, but I've never tried to fix it. I'll have a look at your fix when I'm home and see what my code could be doing to effect it.

Or, with your permission, I could incorporate it into TTFCAPI.

Edited by TaeoG

On 29.7.2015 at 7:19 PM, TaeoG said:
  • Other compatibility patches in the works
    • Witchery
    • Forestry (w/ magicbees and extrabees support)
    • Mekanism
    • Immersive Engineering
    • Tinkers' Construct
    • Thaumcraft 5 backport
    • Mine & Blade Battlegear
    • BetterStorage
    • IronChests
    • Special Mobs
    • Mo'Creatures
    • Artifice
    • Ye Gamol Chattels
    • RailCraft

Hey, are you still working on those patches? Especially Mo' Creatures and Ye Gamol Chattels would be interesting to know. :)

On 9/28/2017 at 10:00 AM, wormzjl said:

alright, had a chance to look at this today. Yep, I replace the entire InventoryPlayerTFC class with my own just to add a couple lines to it (to allow other players to see your back item).
Completely overkill but super easy to do. I should be able to fix this though, make it less drastic.

On 9/30/2017 at 8:13 AM, drkoaeg said:

Hey, are you still working on those patches? Especially Mo' Creatures and Ye Gamol Chattels would be interesting to know. :)

yes they are! But to avoid disappointment, I should advise you to not hold your breath :( 
Time absolutely flies when you have as many projects as I do, and while I feel like I'm making steady progress, it may be months before you see anything of worth. Currently my focus has been a free standing addon for TFC (freestanding as in it's new content and not a compatibility patch). It has proven to be quite challenging, to the point that I've been reading research papers spanning decades to try and find the best way to accomplish my goals.

Anyways, Mo' creatures is pretty high on my list, so you may see it sooner than the others.

This fix does not add new slot to the inventory, but modified the inventory index of back slot to make armor slot number compatible with vanilla

Do you think if it's possible to make mod armor works in TFC without modifying the source of other mods?

Trying to find a way to make ic2 quantum armor work with TFC damage, but no chance yet.

The idea that I had was to create enchantments that gave crushing, piercing or slashing damage. Then just have to use a damage handler reduce the appropriate damage depending on enchantment and it’s level. It may be nessesary to take the damage reduce it and then convert it to generic damage to have quantum armour use energy. 

17 hours ago, wormzjl said:

Do you think if it's possible to make mod armor works in TFC without modifying the source of other mods?

Trying to find a way to make ic2 quantum armor work with TFC damage, but no chance yet.

I'd likely do something similar to what bunsan said, creating a damage handler that checks if a player is taking damage, if they're wearing a certain kind of armor (ie the IC2 stuff) and then doing the calculations based on damage type. You'll have to decide how much resistance each type of armor has to the damage types.

The real trick, I think, will be finding the right priority for the damage handler. You can't just have it be first and then cancel the event when you're done, because other mods will likely want to see that event, but if you go last then the damage has likely been modified a time or two already in ways you may not be able to predict (ie thaumcrafts runic shield). Tricky.

This is why I modify source code instead, lol.

I guess another option is to make a TFC compatible version of the armor and swap some recipes around or give players some other means of quickly swapping the old stuff for the up to date stuff

How would I fix this? ;)

First of all, I express my great gratitude for your work!
You are a wonderful person! Thank you!

I installed your modification. Everything started in a wonderful way - and your mod, and tfc, and tc - is amazing, brilliant!

There is one but. Gold bullion falls out of monsters - vanilla. Armor (gold) - similar to ingots. Can eat advice how to fix it?

On 10/28/2017 at 2:48 AM, Ky6uK-Hy6uKa said:

How would I fix this? ;)

First of all, I express my great gratitude for your work!
You are a wonderful person! Thank you!

I installed your modification. Everything started in a wonderful way - and your mod, and tfc, and tc - is amazing, brilliant!

There is one but. Gold bullion falls out of monsters - vanilla. Armor (gold) - similar to ingots. Can eat advice how to fix it?

if I follow what you're saying, some enemies are dropping gold ingots and gold armor, but they are the vanilla kind? Which enemies?