Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
TaeoG

Taeo's WIP addons - TerraThaumcraft, TTFCAPI, TTFCMat

722 posts in this topic

Well the eldrich dimensionnis evil. If you go in it pops you directly into the void. Damn

XD

I love the idea of taking  TFC and having it work with other popular mods like TC. It brings some much needed attention to Terrafirmacraft. And this add-on is very well done.

But when you are in beta can you make the aspect code public? So someone can easily integrate compatibility between their add-on and yours.

this addon makes me more inclined to start a compatibility addon for tfc and ProjectRed. XD

16 hours ago, Mathias Ademar said:

Well the eldrich dimensionnis evil. If you go in it pops you directly into the void. Damn

XD

did you go there legit, through a portal at an obelisk, or did you use the teleport command?

6 hours ago, Mathias Ademar said:

this addon makes me more inclined to start a compatibility addon for tfc and ProjectRed. XD

its on my list, ha. There can't be much to do, aside from maybe adding some oreDictionary entries

13 hours ago, CALEBXD101 said:

But when you are in beta can you make the aspect code public? So someone can easily integrate compatibility between their add-on and yours.

Yes, I fully intend on going full open source, likely MIT license. This is just the first time I've released code for strangers to use, and I don't want to screw things up. It will happen.

Just now, TaeoG said:

did you go there legit, through a portal at an obelisk, or did you use the teleport command?

its on my list, ha. There can't be much to do, aside from maybe adding some oreDictionary entries

I spawned i the portal, but i went in through it.

And really? I didnt know PR was on to your list. Lol. Yeah it could use some ore dict support, but things like the ores and plants need to be added to the world gen list too.

Just now, Mathias Ademar said:

I spawned i the portal, but i went in through it.

And really? I didnt know PR was on to your list. Lol. Yeah it could use some ore dict support, but things like the ores and plants need to be added to the world gen list too.

well, what ores does PR have that aren't present in TFC? It really is extremely easy to add ores. The plants may be trickier but doable.

As for spawning the portal, that doesn't work, LOL. The generation of the eldritch dungeons in thaumcraft is tied into the generation of the obelisk. No obelisk, no dungeon, all you'll find is void!

Peritot i think. Ruby and saphire are covered by the gem drops, could be nice to have geodes or something but hey. Lol. Mostly just needs the plants and to makes the stone for the recipies compatible. Oh there was an ore called electrine or something like that (basically blue redstone.). A few things use it.

And i discoved that eldritch detail myself. Lesson learned. XD

Edited by Mathias Ademar

Well if a project red add-on is going to be made then Pistronics 2 deserves one.

haha. I'm working on Aspects at the moment. After that...

1. shard pieces -> full shard progression
  2. High end armors (cultist, void, fortress)
  3. wands 
  4. elemental weapons.
  5. remaining devices (arcane furnace, bore, fertility lamp)
  6. Whatever turns out to still need doing after all that.

31 minutes ago, CALEBXD101 said:

Well if a project red add-on is going to be made then Pistronics 2 deserves one.

what a terrible name. Never heard of it. Checking out a mod spotlight now.

EDIT: well, it looks nice .I've used RemainInMotion for these kinds of things for a long time, but its nice to have options. Looks like all you'd need to get that one working with TFC is some alternate recipes. Probably better suited with a minetweaker script than a dedicated mod.

Edited by TaeoG

Tempted to add a beast aspect to pig iron. Someone stop my sinful hand.

Just now, TaeoG said:

Tempted to add a beast aspect to pig iron. Someone stop my sinful hand.

Oh please do. Make it like an easter egg. :3

hmm, difficult to balance the ores against each other. There is Small, Poor, Normal and Rich versions of all the ore, valued at 0.4, 0.6, 1, and 1.4 Metallum aspects each, if you base them off of the normal 4 Metallum worth of an ingot. But you can't give partial aspects, and giving them whole aspect values would mean an ingot would have to be worth at least 12 Metallum, if not more! 

So make the scaling based off the smallest part. If that makes ingots give more than 1 it seems fine to me. As long as the rate of increase is static to the amount.

If I made small and poor worth 1, normal and Rich worth 2, to give them approximate relative values, then an ingot will need to be bumped up 50% to 6, otherwise Ore will be worth more than ingots.  Not terrible, but the thing with balance its its not always obvious what a change like that would equate to further down the line.

EDIT: my math is bad. if small is worth 1, then the ingot has to be 12, thats a bit much. Might have to just not put metallum in the smaller ores.

Edited by TaeoG

You could give them 1-3 metallum and terra for poor - rich ( ignoring small bits) and change the terra part to igni for ingots, since they are "pulled from the earth" and "cast into the fire"

Don't forget a rich ore is only 1/3 of an ingot. If it's worth 3, then the ingot needs to be worth 9. I don't know what that would break so I'm not going to risk it. I'm trying to bring the TFC stuff in line with vanilla/thaumcraft. I'm going to have to just leave the poor and small at 1 terra, and normal at 1 metallum 1 terra, and rich at just 1 metallum. Still makes sense. I may add perfodio to the ores, and double the amount of perfodio on pickaxes to compensate.  I'll have to mull it over for a bit.

Well I got a few hundred items in tonight, so that's good. Gonna put it down for the night at Kimberlite. No idea what aspects to give it. It oftens holds diamonds but isn't diamond itself. It has no use, either in TFC or real life, and has no real interesting properties that I can find in my research. Since its related to diamonds and volcanic pipes I may just give it fire and greed or something, its a tough one. 

I feel like ingots should only have terra and metallium unless they are heated and then get ignis. Might be hard though

Keep in mind that in vanilla Thaumcraft, nuggets have 1 metallum each, making them give more metallum than ingots, which only give 3, or 4 for iron. I am not sure what you plan on doing with transmutation, whether you are using nuggets like vanilla, ingots, or ore, that is what you are going to have to balance metallum values around, and making sure nothing gives more metallum than that so that you can't dupe stuff. Assuming you are using nuggets for transmutation, and they all have 1 metallum totaling 9 per ingot, you could get away with the 1-2-3 system for ores, because you never end up with more than 9 metallum per 100 units. That said, I think it might be better to do transmutation with ore, so that you can't transmute an easy to process metal into something harder to process. That causes a whole new set of problems, because the 1-2-3 system would mean if rich ore was used for metallum, you could get 45 units of poor ore for every 35 units of rich, which wouldn't be game-breaking, but it would be sloppy, and to get around it you would need to use a 2-3-5-7 system for ores, where 1 metallum equals 5 units, meaning that every ingot would either have an awkwardly small amount of metallum, or an awkwardly large one. Furthermore, it would need to change to adjust to the configs, since a lot of TFC modpacks adjust ore values.

TL;DR - There are a lot of things to be considered when it comes to metallum, because its primary usage is for transmutation, and since it is the only aspect that I can think of that can converted back and forth between essentia and a meaningful item. It is only complicated by the 3 different configurable ore sizes of TFC. What you are doing now should be fine for the time being, and when you get around to transmutation you can reinvestigate. Also, I am bad at writing TL;DRs.

Thats a good point, I forgot about nuggets... Sounds like I'm going to have to put some serious thought into this. If I use the 1-2-3 system, and have all metals transmute into "rich" ore, that would give me the best conversion. Mathematically its close, and thematically it would mirror the behaviour of the vanilla code, which is my goal. However, coming up with a formula that works no matter what values people choose for the ore seems... impossible. I guess I'll just have to expose the metallum worth of the metal bits as a config option and let people change it to what works best for them.

4 hours ago, CALEBXD101 said:

Well when you say values people choose what do you mean.

TerraFirmaCraft has config options that allow you to set how much metal is in each ore. By default, a small ore has 10 units, Poor has 15, Normal has 25, and Rich has 35. 100 units is required to make an ingot. For some reason, people like to change that.
If they do, any system I choose to represent those ores with Metallum could break.

I'm still mulling it over, but I've come up with a few ideas that may work.