Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
TaeoG

Taeo's WIP addons - TerraThaumcraft, TTFCAPI, TTFCMat

722 posts in this topic

I would like to start testing Thaumcraft in my mod along with your TFC crossover, but I am not seeing any way to download the addon on the first page. Is there a stable version that you are willing to let me test out? My mod pack is called TerraFirmaPunk and many of the players are asking for Thaumcraft to be included. But I really dont want to jump into a huge conversion project with out something like your crossover mod installed. :D 

4 minutes ago, OneWolfe said:

I would like to start testing Thaumcraft in my mod along with your TFC crossover, but I am not seeing any way to download the addon on the first page. Is there a stable version that you are willing to let me test out? My mod pack is called TerraFirmaPunk and many of the players are asking for Thaumcraft to be included. But I really dont want to jump into a huge conversion project with out something like your crossover mod installed. :D 

there is a link to the very first alpha build a page or two ago in one of my posts, and there likely will be a newer release later today :^)
I would recommend strongly against running it on an established server, the release is just a teaser more than anything, 

If there is going to be a newer build later to I will wait for it :D

Also, have you seen any issues with running the world retro-generation. I have a creative server set up that I plan to test things on first. I was expecting to test as much as possible over the next month before even considering releasing it.

1 minute ago, OneWolfe said:

If there is going to be a newer build later to I will wait for it :D

Also, have you seen any issues with running the world retro-generation. I have a creative server set up that I plan to test things on first. I was expecting to test as much as possible over the next month before even considering releasing it.

retro generation will likely spawn greatwood trees, obelisks and probably mounds, but the elemental ore and biomes would not exist. Getting Retrogen working completely is one of my last priorities, unfortunately.

Ok that is fine. Thanks for all the great work so far :D

Been working on wood items most of the day due to popular demand (read: one guy)

Greatwood is weird. it has a brown/vaguely purple trunk, with a beige interior, yet its planks are purple instead of beige... I'm going to leave the planks as they are, but greatwood support beams are going to be beige i think.

Some wood blocks are harder to convert than others. Wood support beams, lumber items and fences/gates are done, but armor stands, placeable lumber and looms are much much harder to add. I may leave them for a later date.

Either way, we're getting there

Spoiler

XohHxPk.png

We now have "magic barrels". Currently they work exactly like normal barrels, but seeing as I have yet to come up with a recipe for creating shards, I think these guys may come into play. And they look pretty good if I say so myself.

Spoiler

Ad5Tz63.png

My first brush with armor stands was from either Bibliocraft or some zelda themed mod that I forget the name of. Both of them used a tile entity. Always struck me as super weird that TFC armor stands are just immobile, braindead monsters.

Spoiler

5VFYjbD.png

Everything is looking pretty amazing so far :D

Any change of getting a new sample jar to test out this weekend?

5 minutes ago, OneWolfe said:

Everything is looking pretty amazing so far :D

Any change of getting a new sample jar to test out this weekend?

once the loom and tool rack are done I think it will be a good place  to release a new version. Thats my p;an this morning

That is awesome! I am really looking forward to giving Thaumcraft a try in my pack, and if an update were ready sometime today I can get it ready for the TFC Tuesday Livestream :D

11 hours ago, TaeoG said:

My first brush with armor stands was from either Bibliocraft or some zelda themed mod that I forget the name of. Both of them used a tile entity. Always struck me as super weird that TFC armor stands are just immobile, braindead monsters.

They're basically just an extension of the vanilla armor stands.

9 minutes ago, Kittychanley said:

They're basically just an extension of the vanilla armor stands.

vanilla has armor stands? thats news to me.

Yup, they were added in 1.8 for vanilla though http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Armor_Stand

Dunk just took a look at the 1.8 code for them and kinda back-ported it for TFC.

The fact that they are an entity and not a block with a tile entity is a huge thing in regards to custom map development with command blocks.

2 minutes ago, Kittychanley said:

Yup, they were added in 1.8 for vanilla though http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Armor_Stand

Dunk just took a look at the 1.8 code for them and kinda back-ported it for TFC.

The fact that they are an entity and not a block with a tile entity is a huge thing in regards to custom map development with command blocks.

heh, well its not like they couldn't have added commands that work with a tile entity, but I get what you're saying. Just irks me because it is very inconsistent with how everything else is coded. Also a "block" with an inventory that can't be accessed with pipes/tubes/etc is always heartbreaking.

2 minutes ago, TaeoG said:

heh, well its not like they couldn't have added commands that work with a tile entity, but I get what you're saying. Just irks me because it is very inconsistent with how everything else is coded. Also a "block" with an inventory that can't be accessed with pipes/tubes/etc is always heartbreaking.

You mean exactly like item frames, which are an entity not a block, have an inventory that stores and item, and can't be accessed with pipes/tubes/etc?

Edit: Also, commands wouldn't work with tile entities because the whole basis is that they can move around freely, something blocks cannot do.

Edited by Kittychanley

2 minutes ago, Kittychanley said:

You mean exactly like item frames, which are an entity not a block, have an inventory that stores and item, and can't be accessed with pipes/tubes/etc?

Edit: Also, commands wouldn't work with tile entities because the whole basis is that they can move around freely, something blocks cannot do.

item frames don't have hit points or make a noise when they're hit. They're also an outlier in terms of inventories. Its just an observation.

Alright folks, here is a0.2 of my crossover. Same requirements as last time. New in this version is all the wood stuff, aspects are partially done, and nuggets and the transmutation thereof. Greatwood and silverwood tree trunks cannot yet be smashed into sticks, and their lumber can not be placed in the world, but otherwise looms, armour stands, tool racks, barrels, planks, fences and fence gates are all craftable.

please let me know of any bugs you find, but keep in mind this is an ALPHA build, which means not everything is implemented yet.

TerraThaumcraft A0.2

Is there any way you could make a short list of the features that are in place and working thus far? Also, is there an ETA until you'd have a build out that you're satisfied with being a full version?

In addition, are there plans to add a version of the osmic enchanter? It's techincally from an addon, but it's so integral to tfc. Obviously, enchantments would need to be tweaked and nerfed somehow.  

Also, perhaps it's worth considering to add cosmetic features not a part of normal thaumcraft? I'm looking at things like the subdued spirits from witchery, or just good looking light alternatives, stuff like that.

Also, how does one get a thauminomicon? Where is the research bench? Are these things added yet? The only things NEI shows me when I look up terrathaumcraft is thaumium stuff, shards, saplings, stuff made form various woods like looms, nuggets, mossy cobble, and infused stone. If this mod functional yet? How do you do basic things?

In addition, even though you say golems may be working, you can't get them because you can't get nitor for the golem cores because you need glowstone. The only useful thing I can really make is alumentum, and everything behind infusion is locked behind the creation of arcane stone.

Edited by dittoisepic

yes, a mod like NEI will be your friend here, there are plenty of missing links. Its very alpha at the moment, you will not be able to progress through the whole mod using normal crafting methods. Thaumonomicon will be the same as before, you'll need to craft a bookshelf and hit it with a wand, I do believe that is still possible in TFC.

I won't be adding items from addons into this crossover, although I may do a few of the better ones in the future if they need special attention to be made compatible. Also extra cosmetic items aren't planned. My goal is to make the normal TC stuff compatible with TFC, extra stuff will be for another project in the future, by myself or others.

As for when it will be considered "done", thats when all the features mentioned on the first post are at 90+% and I shift the mod into beta status. At that point people should be able to play it start to finish, and only worry about the occasional bug

getting placeable lumber working properly was easier than expected, it will be in the next release

Spoiler

UDLYLKc.png

That does look pretty cool. I need to start making more creative furniture. Are the wood blocks and planks also chiselable?

Just now, OneWolfe said:

That does look pretty cool. I need to start making more creative furniture. Are the wood blocks and planks also chiselable?

the plank blocks themselves are actually the vanilla Thaumcraft wood planks, so at the moment no they are not chiselable. As for the wood blocks themselves (the tree trunk style ones), as far as I know even the normal TFC ones can't be chiseled. As dittoisepic has pointed out, I haven't put much priority into making the progression of thaumcraft work, there is plenty of stuff that is simply unattainable due to crafting materials being unavailable, I think I'm gonna work on that next, but making a selection of thaumcraft blocks chiselable is on my TODO list. I don't know what it is going to take to make it work, very likely I'm going to have to implement new versions of each block, but hopefully not. We will see.