Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
TaeoG

Taeo's WIP addons - TerraThaumcraft, TTFCAPI, TTFCMat

722 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, TaeoG said:

I haven't finished recipes yet, no. Currently I'm working on ways to acquire nether materials. As you noticed, glowstone dust is now available, as well as soulsand and netherwart. Currently working on blaze rods and magma cream, while I have yet to devise a method for ghast tears or the nether star.

Long story short, I'm trying to get the foundation in place for crafting materials to be available, before I focus heavily  on the recipes they'll be used in.

Do these have research information in the thauminomicon? (Not sure if I spelled that right) It shouldn't be too hard to add as plenty of other mods did it and it really adds to it as opposed to using NEI, IMO.

It goes without saying that any thaumcraft based recipe will be added to the thaumonomicon. Some are already in there, in fact. Since this is a port and not an add-on, I didn't create my own tab, I put them in the normal categories. I will and have also altered some of the pre existing pages to reflect their new means of crafting, which will also be comprehensive by the time I'm done.

Items that do not have recipes don't have a thaumonomicon entry however, for obvious reasons.

Is there a very vague ETA as to when you'll be happy with releasing it as a beta that is functional? A month? Six? If not, that's ok.

5 hours ago, dittoisepic said:

Is there a very vague ETA as to when you'll be happy with releasing it as a beta that is functional? A month? Six? If not, that's ok.

Be patient, it will be out when it's out. He already posted a few alphas. Try those out if you cant wait. Who knows, your bug reports might help speed things up.

Yea, if I had to estimate when this port would be done, I'd say about 8 months ago. Unfortunately this is being programmed by one guy in his free time, so it's pretty hard to tell how long it will take. In my original post I give some information and estimated progress on various features. More features may be added, and the last 1% of code can sometimes take longer than the 99% that came before it.

In other words, I dunno. 

For those of you testing my alpha versions, thank you for your help, please let me know of any bugs or inconsistencies you find. 

I'm still working on blaze rid/magma cream acquisition. I didn't want to do a simple crafting recipe but instead something interesting. Unfortunately "interesting" can sometimes take longer and have weird ass, hard to track down bugs.

Doing some Multiplayer testing as I try to track down a desync bug with my blaze rod/magma cream code. Ran into another NoSuchMethod error, it seems almost completely random what code Minecraft has set to be client only, thereby causing crashes when the code on the server calls it.

This is a serious issue, that makes my mod unusable in multiplayer at the moment. Its my first priority to fix.

Edited by TaeoG

well, I've fixed the issue with some hacky work-arounds. Not impressed that mojang and/or the forge guys decided to remove one of the World constructor classes on the server side, makes it much harder for me to get Thaumcraft world generation working.

Either way, back to working on the desync bug.

2 minutes ago, TaeoG said:

well, I've fixed the issue with some hacky work-arounds. Not impressed that mojang and/or the forge guys decided to remove one of the World constructor classes on the server side, makes it much harder for me to get Thaumcraft world generation working.

Either way, back to working on the desync bug.

Is this supposed to fix the crashes were still getting on the server? I didnt want to post anything until I could get the crashes confirmed but here is the last crash log I have. Crash

this fixed a crash I found on my own, and the others you've mentioned so far have already been fixed.

This one that you've just posted, however, is new. Can you recreate it or was it a one time thing?

14 minutes ago, TaeoG said:

this fixed a crash I found on my own, and the others you've mentioned so far have already been fixed.

This one that you've just posted, however, is new. Can you recreate it or was it a one time thing?

Yes, but not until the server admin gets off of work. It is happening when we explore new chunks or try to generate a new world.

ok, we'll see what we can find. The code that error points to doesn't throw that error, so I don't really have enough information yet to track down the issue. That code creates the aura nodes, which so far has been working fine. I'm worried that fastcraft is the culprit, as it sticks its fingers into a lot of stuff. We'll see.

10 minutes ago, TaeoG said:

ok, we'll see what we can find. The code that error points to doesn't throw that error, so I don't really have enough information yet to track down the issue. That code creates the aura nodes, which so far has been working fine. I'm worried that fastcraft is the culprit, as it sticks its fingers into a lot of stuff. We'll see.

Yes, I could try without Fastcraft. But will have to wait till the Admin is home again since I am currently unable to FTP into the server today :(

no worries. send me a message with map seed, coords, and any other information you think might be helpful. I'll check it out in the morning

EDIT: A list of mods would be a good idea too.

Edited by TaeoG

solved the desync issue, by the way. If you ever use World.SpawnEntityInWorld(Entity), make  sure you've called entity.setLocationAndAngles on that entity or it will just get deleted after a few seconds. Merely setting its posX, posY, posZ and such manually doesn't cut it

Edited by TaeoG

19 hours ago, TaeoG said:

no worries. send me a message with map seed, coords, and any other information you think might be helpful. I'll check it out in the morning

EDIT: A list of mods would be a good idea too.

Ok here is what I have been able to come up with so far.

CRASH

SEED: -8174463199097737111

I have removed Fastcraft and Farseek which were both listed in the previous crash report but am still getting a crash when generating a new world or new chunks.

I tried 10 different world seeds with no change so I dont think looking at the specific seed will help.

I tried generating a new world with all the other mods installed, including Thaumcraft, but removed terrathaumcraft and the world generates correctly. So it is clear to me that the problem exists in the terrathaumcraft.jar file.

I have a complete list of all the other mods in my pack on my FTB thread you can find here: TerraFirmaPunk

Thank you very much for all the work you have done, and I am really looking forward to getting this mod working soon :D

OneWolfe-

5 minutes ago, OneWolfe said:

Ok here is what I have been able to come up with so far.

CRASH

SEED: -8174463199097737111

I have removed Fastcraft and Farseek which were both listed in the previous crash report but am still getting a crash when generating a new world or new chunks.

I tried 10 different world seeds with no change so I dont think looking at the specific seed will help.

I tried generating a new world with all the other mods installed, including Thaumcraft, but removed terrathaumcraft and the world generates correctly. So it is clear to me that the problem exists in the terrathaumcraft.jar file.

I have a complete list of all the other mods in my pack on my FTB thread you can find here: TerraFirmaPunk

Thank you very much for all the work you have done, and I am really looking forward to getting this mod working soon :D

OneWolfe-

Well the good news is, this is the error I fixed yesterday, the bad news is it isn't the same as the error you sent me last, which I'm sure is a complication with my world wrapper and either farseek or fastcraft. Since farseek is the requirement for Streams, one of my favourite mods, I'll definitely be looking into that when I can (although bugs and incompatibilities are more of a beta thing than an alpha thing)

anyways, I need to make 2 textures for a couple items I just added and then I can do a new release today that will at least alleviate that issue

nope. I was mistaken. Same error.... well I'll see what I can find...

well, so far no issues with a server with only TFC, TTC and thaumcraft on it. Before I start adding mods one by one to see if I can find the incompatibility, I want you try my newest build, just to be sure I didn't accidentally fix this already. Stay tuned, I'll have a download link in a few minutes

just noticed your pack includes that little animal crate addon I made. Priceless.

1 minute ago, TaeoG said:

just noticed your pack includes that little animal crate addon I made. Priceless.

Oh, that was yours :D

Thanks we have been enjoying that one immensely too :D

The sever seems to be running smoothing for now. Thanks for all the hard work and quick fixes :D

Will let you know if we run into any more issues along the way.

Just now, OneWolfe said:

The sever seems to be running smoothing for now. Thanks for all the hard work and quick fixes :D

Will let you know if we run into any more issues along the way.

It works?! I'll admit I'm a little surprised. Good news though, lol. Do me a favour and take a lava seed (it doesn't have a texture yet) and chuck it into some lava. I'd like to know if it works on a server. I'd advise doing it in creative mode :)

32 minutes ago, TaeoG said:

It works?! I'll admit I'm a little surprised. Good news though, lol. Do me a favour and take a lava seed (it doesn't have a texture yet) and chuck it into some lava. I'd like to know if it works on a server. I'd advise doing it in creative mode :)

I will see what I can do ...

Not seeing any surface pools in the current world :(

Edited by OneWolfe