Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Paxxis

[Solved] TFC vs Vanilla Minecraft

5 posts in this topic

Hey all. My wife showed me a few videos of TFC in action, and it is something she is really wanting to try. Admittedly, after seeing it, I am also curious to test drive this. My question is this, however. How do we install TFC (a new minecraft install?) without messing up her vanilla Minecraft? She uses texture packs, etc, and has had issues in the past where she would install a mod, and it would affect her vanilla builds. I know, newb question, but given past experiences, a valid one.

Thanks so much in advance!

I strongly recommend using Multimc, it makes the whole process a lot easier. You can create as many Minecraft instances as you want and each one will have its own separate folder. It also makes easy to change settings, install forge and add or remove mods. 

First you'll need to get the correct forge version. Go to http://files.minecraftforge.net and navigate to the 1.7.10 and download the installer for the Recommended (10.13.4.1448) version. Be sure to use the installer. Be sure you have run a 1.7.10 vanilla instance first. Run that and it will give forge as a version in the launcher.

Posted ImageName your profile. Select the check box for game directory and give it a path to the save location. This is how you keep all your saves and such separate. Each profile can have it's own directory. I personally have a MinecraftSave folder that I save each individual profile in. I give an example of a name. Keep the save directory on the C drive or odd things happen for some reason.

Next you'll want to choose your version. select the one you see in the image. It will only show up after you have run the forge installer. The last bit is for my computer and is just pointing the launcher at my java 1.8u51. And then the jvm arguments help java run properly. Go to http://wiki.terrafirmacraft.com/Performance_Optimization#JVM_Arguments for information on that. Run the instance once. This will generate everything you need in your game directory. Then just put TFC (and fast craft 1.21) in this directory along with any other mods you want/need. Run and you should be good to go.