Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Dries007

[TFC 0.79.26+] TFC-Tweaks (Unifies water, auto food merge on pickup)

84 posts in this topic

OK, I'll the injectDependecies maker, the next build will be up in 5 minutes or so. You'll have to start the pack once, the file will be made, it will crash. The second time FML will load the file and all should be good.

Make sure you include the "injectedDependencies.json" file in your pack, otherwise people will crash the first time too!

Hooray! I am now able to get water into RailCraft, Forestry and Cogs of the Machine! So everything is working so far! I do seem to have a glitch with Forestry and NEI that I am going to have to work out later, but for now ive got everything doing what they are supposed to! :D

Thank you for all the help!

OneWolfe-

No problem. What happens with NEI?

When I try to install a newer version of Forestry, NEI when trying to load up a world. It is something to do with the bugs, or butterflies I think. I probably just need to update NEI, and its not related to your mod at all. I am going to deal with it later, for now I need to get back to working on my questbook.

Thanks again for the help :D

You can reference my pack for compatible forestry NEI versions. Atlauncher.com/pack/TechNodefirmacraft has the list of mods with details near bottom.

Today, I found another water related issue  B)

I was working on incorporating Steamcraft2 machines into my tech tree, when I found that if I overfilled the Combustion Boiler it would crash the game and corrupt the map. (I assume the machine is stuck in a broken stat and the saved map simply cannot load properly) By overfilling I mean that I have filled the machine till it is full of water and then simply placed another bucket into the input slot, at that point the game just crashes :(

I do not know if this is an incompatibility issue with Fresh Water or simply bad codding from Steamcraft2, but I thought I would let you know.

For now I am really not impressed with any part of Steamcraft2 and am on the edge of just ripping it out of my pack and finding other items that can serve the same purpose.

Thanks for all the awesome work on this mod so far :D

If you could provide me with the crashlog, that would help! It depends on what is going wrong I guess.

If you could provide me with the crashlog, that would help! It depends on what is going wrong I guess.

Sorry about the late reply, got wrapped up in other issues last week. Here is a link to the crash log file generated when the steam boiler is over filled. http://www.mediafire.com/view/nzdnfmnn9o1fbbd/crash-2016-01-31_11.19.14-server.txt

For now I simply have the boiler's disabled and hidden from NEI.

Edited by OneWolfe

Ok, from that it seems like it may be an issue isn't at all related to TFC, perhaps its a bug in the mod in other packs as well? Idk.

Ok, from that it seems like it may be an issue isn't at all related to TFC, perhaps its a bug in the mod in other packs as well? Idk.

That is kind of what I was thinking, but never tested it with vanilla minecraft. I really get the impression that Steamcraft2 is not developed very well, or is still mostly unfinished. 

I will confirm the bug OneWolfe is seeing is a bug with SteamCraft 2 and only SteamCraft 2. They failed to do a null check where it is required and so it will happen even in vanilla.

In my pack there are Ice Bombs from the Twilight Forest, and the Yeti Boss, that can turn TFC ice into Vanilla Ice blocks. When this ice melts or is broken it turns in to Vanilla water sources. With the water unification are these source blocks also treaded as Fresh Water by TFC? For example can you hydrate crops with vanilla water source blocks or fill wooden buckets? I will also be testing these questions later this evening.

I don't think so, but I can look into making the ice turn into TFC water?

Thank you so much, Dries for your "automerging food tweak" !

I don't think so, but I can look into making the ice turn into TFC water?

With the current version "TFC-Tweaks-1.7.10-0.4.0.17" vanilla ice melts into vanilla water and crop fields are not hydrated by it. I am not certain if this is a bad thing or not. The Twilight Forest Ice Bombs actually turn flowing TFC water into solid ice blocks, and if they were to turn back into source blocks they players could eventually create new source blocks in places that they normal would not be able to. For now I am currently removing the Ice Bombs from mobs drops so no new bombs can be obtained. 

The bombs are not the only thing that is turning TFC water into vanilla ice, there are several winter mobs that have the same effect.

Edited by OneWolfe

On 21.08.2015 at 0:15 AM, Dries007 said:

Is this mod stable? I got some crashes when run together with latest TFC, Flaxbeard Steam Power and Railcraft (with default config).

Unfortunately I cannot reproduce these crashes, I removed these mods, added sequentially and now everything is going well. Even fsp archimedes screw is working fine (push water into boiler) when water unification is turned on.

It should be, if you can send me the log that would be great!

Remember this crashes first run so it can generate load order config json. 

I lost crash logs when trying to figure what causes crash, but thanks to Bunsan clarification I see that it was rather the feature than a bug.

Thanks for creating this mod, it is a must have for any industrial mod working together with TFC. May I include it in my TFPP modpack?

By the way, I wonder if there are any pro's for not merging food in 'vanilla' TFC, it was totally annoying until I discovered 'S' key, now it annoy only a bit when inventory is almost full.

I personally don't think there is any reason not to merge foods. (which is why I made the mod in the first place :p)

Also, I don't need the crashlog if it was just the first time thing. You can include the mod in any modpack, just be sure to include the injectdependecies.json file, so it won't (or shouldn't) crash the fist time people start the pack.

The pro to not merging food is the taste profiles. If you combine two pieces of food that have different taste profiles, it just reverts back to the default values. So when you go kill a handful of pigs, the meat that each animal drops tastes a little bit different. If the food all combines when you pick it up, you've lost all variance in taste.

Could you please state your modpack permissions on the OP?

Just now, Teagan75 said:

Could you please state your modpack permissions on the OP?

The license is MIT, as included in the downloads of both source and the mod jars, but I'll put it in the post.

Just now, Teagan75 said:

Actually, let me upload it to curse, to get me some sweat curse points :P

They should be happy with a link to the license on github surely?