Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Xamllew

Ye Olde Scrap Bin

11 posts in this topic

I'm pretty sure the common thing to do about discarded items is to throw them down a pit or into a fire so that you don't accidentally pick them back up, however I thought itd be cool to have an item such as a crate without a lid that sucks up items dropped around it. Once the item is in the container it will decay and vanish but only after a period of time so that if you accidentally drop something you can retreive it.

Edited by Xamllew

I would never use this.  I'd be too paranoid of unknowingly dropping something important near it and losing it.

I also never throw anything except zombie flesh away.  Most of the time I'm glad that I didn't throw that odd piece of junk away, it's surprising how much use I can get out of things.

How is an item sitting in a container that has to be there for an extended period of time before it disappears any different from an item on the ground that has to be there for 5 minutes before it disappears?

I frequently drop crafting tools, leave it in crafting grid. I either pick it back up or notice it on ground. Is never use this as I'd either always rescuing it or losing tools.

Alternatively instead of automatic deletion over time the container's gui could have a button to trash everything kinda like the recycle bin on the desktop, I guess that starts becoming more trouble than it's worth though.

How is an item sitting in a container that has to be there for an extended period of time before it disappears any different from an item on the ground that has to be there for 5 minutes before it disappears?

At least for me I HAVE to walk out of my settlement to chuck something so that I know I'm not going to accidentaly grab it again due to the item collecting mechanics in MC. I dunno, just thinking about solutions to problems like throwing out 10 stacks of snowballs and picking them right back up again 2 minutes later.

Edited by Xamllew

I'm not really modding savvy so i wouldn't be able to extract those items into TFC and set up recipes and everything. Plus a contemporary trashcan would feel out of place to me. I guess I'll just stick to my trapdoor hole in the ground.

Edited by Xamllew

Throw the stuff you don't want into lava/magma.

Or into the fire of a pit kiln.

Make an incinerator with lava. use slabs to block your way so no accidents. just trow anything you don't want, need in there.

Posted Image

The slab in the top prevents you from walking in the lava.

Great ideas, unfortunately I'm a long ways away from the red steel, but I find a simple 2 block deep hole covered with a trap door works well enough, I just figured the scrap bin would be a touch nicer than a hole in the ground.

Edited by Xamllew