Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
xX_IllumireKt( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Xx

Placement time for blocks.

5 posts in this topic

Block breaking in Minecraft. Digging. Punching. Mining. Whatever you call it, it's an essential part of gameplay. It takes different times with different tools. Sometimes a block can't be harvested due to insufficient tools.

Block placement time is essentially the same, but in reverse. For example, to build with timber blocks, perhaps a hammer would be needed in the hotbar and a stock of nails in the inventory before it can be placed. and the better the tool, the faster the placement. This would be a great way to oppose the idea of building a mansion in five days. Perhaps extensions to day length as to give time for extended building.

Just an idea.

Thanks.

I say this as a player who likes to build, and not as a developer or an admin, but in my opinion having a tedious grind on one side of the equation is more than enough. Players already have to grind through gathering the materials for their build, I don't feel like they should also have to grind through using those materials they spent so much time acquiring.

Ya, I definitely don't see where making construction take time would add anything to the mod.  The time is in getting the materials, that's enough.

I really like the idea of requiring nails and a carpenter hammer to place wood planks, also a trowel and mortar to place smooth or brick blocks. I don't really like the concept of taking time to place the blocks, I think it would not add to the game.

In real life some tools can make you work faster depending on their quality. 

For example a better pickax will break stone faster, the same for a better axe while cutting down a tree.

The same is not true for a hammer that you use to hammer a nail, the nail does not care if the hammer is made of titanium, it will take the same time as one made of still. The only difference is durability.

And for some tools that's all the difference it needs to justify upgrading to a higher tier tool.

As a player who also likes to build, I am with you guys. Gathering materials is just tedious enough to make it challenging and rewarding. I think that watching it take an extra two seconds to place a wood block, or fumbling through my inventory for hammer and nails would be more frustrating than rewarding.

As a builder and carpenter in real life, there is most definitely such thing as a better quality hammer that makes framing faster.