Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
creeperbane

When can we play tfc2?

53 posts in this topic

I don't know how to compile Java, so can someone compile it? If you do, all of us will be able to play it(all of us being ones that can't compile Java). No hard feelings if somebody doesn't, but if you do, thanks ahead of time.  :)

The entire point right now is that we don't want everybody to be able to play it, which is why we haven't released a compiled version. The mod is not at a playable state right now, and the last thing we want is people who have no understanding of mod development trying to give us pointers at such an early stage of development.

The entire point right now is that we don't want everybody to be able to play it, which is why we haven't released a compiled version. The mod is not at a playable state right now, and the last thing we want is people who have no understanding of mod development trying to give us pointers at such an early stage of development.

This is a little sad. Well someone will hopefully compile the unfinished .jar file or I have to do it myself. I am really excited about trying out the development version.

This is a little sad. Well someone will hopefully compile the unfinished .jar file or I have to do it myself. I am really excited about trying out the development version.

I'm sure the devs don't mind you doing that - or they wouldnt have published the github address...

Just as long as you realise that it's an early development version and probably that you can't do very much (if anything), and that things may be either broken or simply not implemented yet.

If you compile it, could you put up a download?

If you compile it, could you put up a download

Never mind, i hadn't read all of the posts.

It's most likely you could take a look at what different ores are projected to be.

There is potential that I can add to a suggestion in TFC2.

There is hope. There is interest as it will be.

Hi

I'm relatively new to Minecraft having played just a year or so but I'm enjoying the experience. My 12yo son set me on the game since a disability forced me into retirement somewhat earlier than I had wanted. I am no whizz with computers but gaming I'm familiar with.

After many hours watching videos of various Minecraft mods I came across TFC and captured by its charms and challenges I downloaded and played and have done so for many hours now. It is easily my top game to play. I will have played many more hours before I change to TFC2 with no impatience in the now and then.

So, I would like to say thank you to Kitty and Bioxx and whoever else has had any input in either TFCs, it's you guys that have entertained me, it's you guys that have brought out the creativity of a middle-aged man and it's you guys that have done the hardwork I'd be unable to do.

Thank you

Hi

I'm relatively new to Minecraft having played just a year or so but I'm enjoying the experience. My 12yo son set me on the game since a disability forced me into retirement somewhat earlier than I had wanted. I am no whizz with computers but gaming I'm familiar with.

After many hours watching videos of various Minecraft mods I came across TFC and captured by its charms and challenges I downloaded and played and have done so for many hours now. It is easily my top game to play. I will have played many more hours before I change to TFC2 with no impatience in the now and then.

So, I would like to say thank you to Kitty and Bioxx and whoever else has had any input in either TFCs, it's you guys that have entertained me, it's you guys that have brought out the creativity of a middle-aged man and it's you guys that have done the hardwork I'd be unable to do.

Thank you

I love hearing stories like that, thanks for sharing! People from so many different backgrounds and situations like TFC, I always find it interesting.

If people are eager to try something new there's a game on steam that was just released that's like harvest moon/animal crossing. It's called stardew valley; check it out.

If people are eager to try something new there's a game on steam that was just released that's like harvest moon/animal crossing. It's called stardew valley; check it out.

I might be spending all of my free time in Stardew Valley instead of being productive lately.

Damn, that's exactly the kind of timewaster I was hoping to find for Android OS.

Well... :| There is still a long time before the best release of best TFC2 that could happen. Bioxx, how about letting some eager devs to help you develop TFC2? They should have fun testing the new .jars.

1. 6. Considering that nobody gets paid to work on TFC, we can't "hire a friend" to help us, because we can't pay them. We are also hesitant on including volunteers who offer their help for free, because when it comes to software development, things can get messy really quickly as you add more people to a project. It's much easier to stick to a vision for the mod when there are fewer people who have a deep understanding of that vision.

Nevermore, allow me to kindly refer you to point 6 that Kitty posted back in January.

I personally would rather wait for TFC2 to come along naturally, rather than have a rushed too-many-cooks situation that diminishes the quality of the end result.

Have you thought about some schedule?

You'll have idea what and when would you like to make, and people will be calmed a bit.

You've recreated Minecraft in a nice way, made it more inspirational, and you just work slow enough to make it frustrating. :D

Ha, believe me, I wish I could get it to you guys faster.

I have to be able to focus to get anything meaningful done. The times when I can find myself both interested in what I'm doing AND able to focus are few and far between of late. It's a lot of work to get even simple things working sometimes and the complexities of post mc 1.8 development really don't help. 

That said, I do force myself to launch eclipse at least once a day to see if I'm feeling it. Some days I get stuff done, and some days I don't. It's really a crapshoot from day to day.

Bioxx: That's familiar. :D

And that's why I'm worried. This mod is awesome! And I feel the sword of Damocles above the project. I gave up many of my projects because I had no interest in it.

I must say, I am VERY impressed with the mod as is. I've played it for quite a while too. Even doing a series on it in a mod pack from ATLauncher. Hope that it's allowed through there, because from what I could tell it typically is, based on other videos and such. Can't wait to see how you make it more realistic, or however you two do it. TFC1 is fun after all. TFC2 is probably going to be much better. ESPECIALLY with the 1.9 update. Hope you 2 can manage to impress us all even more than you already have. 

On 22/03/2016 at 1:46 AM, Th3A1ph4D0g said:

Nevermore, allow me to kindly refer you to point 6 that Kitty posted back in January.

I personally would rather wait for TFC2 to come along naturally, rather than have a rushed too-many-cooks situation that diminishes the quality of the end result.

You mean this? I was simply saying the other thing. Think it over again before posting in another under-planned comment.

I think it would be better to see who has interesting ideas to implement in the future TFC2.

Well, if I may add my two cents here, a lot of us are just going to have to wait. I think I can safely speak for everyone who aren't the developers that hardly any of us have the coding experience necessary to even just modify Minecraft's code. From my minimal experience with modifying code on existing games, I can kind of empathize with Bioxx and Kitty in a way. (Apart from development schedules; I did all my coding in my spare time.) It can certainly get frustrating at times, especially if you don't know if this piece of code isn't meshing well with another part or you just made a mistype.

Just so you know Bioxx and Kitty, we'll be here every step of the way!

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK, EVERYONE!!! :) 

Hear hear. You want to play with modded content, you have to learn to wait. Modding 101.

On 1/21/2016 at 5:03 PM, Kittychanley said:

I know you mean well with this post, so I'm not going to reply with my usual rant. I will however reply with a list of clarifications so you understand why a post like this would usually get a rant as a reply:

1. Bioxx is the primary developer on TFC2, not me.
  2. I have been working solely on TFC1 for the past year, that means that in the "over a year passed" really only Bioxx has been working on it. I only just started helping out with TFC2 about a month ago.
  3. All  work on all versions of TerraFirmaCraft is done in our free time, with no pay.
  4. I am a full time student. I only work on TFC when I'm not working on projects, homework, studying for exams, filling out graduation and job applications, spending time with my friends and family, or just taking a break from life and relaxing.
  5. Developing TFC is nothing more than a hobby. We have lives outside of this mod that take higher priority, especially considering that we aren't getting paid for our work.
  6. Considering that nobody gets paid to work on TFC, we can't "hire a friend" to help us, because we can't pay them. We are also hesitant on including volunteers who offer their help for free, because when it comes to software development, things can get messy really quickly as you add more people to a project. It's much easier to stick to a vision for the mod when there are fewer people who have a deep understanding of that vision.

Finally, and most importantly, please understand that pestering us about the release date does more harm than good. It really doesn't motivate us, and if anything often makes us feel kind of bad, like we are letting you guys down. And when we feel bad, we do even less work because it's not fun and therefore it will take even longer before TFC2 is released.

But what if we the fanbase donate money weekly or monthly? will that help? :3 meep

1 hour ago, holyass said:

But what if we the fanbase donate money weekly or monthly? will that help? :3 meep

I dont know why the patreon page was never created... monthly donations would be a way of keeping the team motivated!

I'll get around to setting up a page at some point soon. Sometimes guaranteed money like that creates pressure that random donations do not which is not always desirable. That said, money is a good motivator :)

On 15/09/2015 at 10:26 AM, Miner239 said:

You can't wait? Go get it here

What are you waiting for? Just. Do. It. Don't let your dreams be dreams.

*body gesture*

what version?