Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
tyriael-soban

[Request] Revive Terrabow

7 posts in this topic

I'd do it myself, but i havnt got the foggiest clue where to even begin as anything beyond very basic C+ may as well be in Chinese to me.I loved Terrabow as it added some much-needed versatility to ranged weaponry, power, range, durability, utility and expansion.Honestly, the standard bow is useless, which means the javelins are the only useful ranged weapons (and they really only become useful once youve done some serious metalworking) - carrying alot of them around is a pain because inventory space can become quite limited.Either that, or add something similar to Balkons Weapons mod - would make all that damn gunpowder useful, the recipes would have to be modified to balance for TFC though.

How is the regular bow useless? With a fully drawn bow, it can destroy most mobs very quickly, and players too. The only thing it cant kill well is skeletons. It is almost too overpowered, at least for the ease of access.

I find the standard bow to be quite useful, even if you need a chicken farm to keep yourself supplied with arrows. The only thing you really shouldn't be shooting at are skeletons because they are immune to piercing. Since there are no Crushing ranged weapons in the game, you simply cannot engage in a ranged duel with a skeleton, you have to close with it. Other than that, a bow is one of my early targets once I have sheep (or get lucky enough for a few spider kills).

Gunpowder weapons break verisimilitude for TFC. Don't expect that suggestion to be very popular.

There is a mod around here that adds sinew and longbows you may wish to look into.

How is the regular bow useless? With a fully drawn bow, it can destroy most mobs very quickly, and players too. The only thing it cant kill well is skeletons. It is almost too overpowered, at least for the ease of access.

I have to admit, i have not played with the basic bow since the guy running strongcraft was working the bow addon ... it was crap back then, so i just resorted to bashing things heads in with a mace, then skeletons got an insane buff and i couldnt get close to them anymore.It balanced the basic bows, drawing emphasis on the higher end crafted ones plus their ammunition and what was used in that ammunition directly influenced its range, damage output and accuracy.The materials used in the bow also had a knock-on effect on its durability, range, accuracy and damage output - very much like TiCo bows, but just minus the XP gauge - which honestly, i could live without in TiCo anyway.As for the gunpowder comment, there is evidence to suggest that humans were experimenting with it earlier than the 10th Century AD. (the primitive black powder format was used by the Chinese to fuel rockets of a sort)

Edited by tyriael-soban

So you don't even know how the bow works now. Fully charged a bow can do 1800 damage to a bear. The bow is certainly not useless.

Bah this is for addons not TFC suggestions. Unlocked. Need sleep.

It sounds like pretty much all of your complaints are based on a very old version of the game, and are no longer valid.

• The bow can 1-hit pretty much anything except for bears and skeletons. Bears only take like 2 hits.
  • Inventory management with arrows and javelins is not a problem, because there is a quiver that stores them all for you that it will automatically pull from when you shoot, and put into when you pick stuff back up.
  • If you have an excess of gunpowder, go screw around with powder kegs.

Gunpowder is so useful for large-scale mining.  Like Kitty said, if you have an excess, use it.

On the topic of bows, a longbow would be cool, but the current one serves the purpose just fine.