Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Qaz2wsx321

Green Steel.

Green steel   4 members have voted

1. 1. Green Steel

• Yes, it would be cool to have a other steel type to work with
    • no, it will ruin tfc's smithing

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 posts in this topic

Have you read, understood, and followed all of the rules listed in large text at the top of the suggestions forum? (Yes/No):

Answering "no" to the above question will result in your post being deleted

yes.

Hello, i have played TFC a few years,

i would like Green Steel in TFC it had been cool to have a other type of steel to work with.

mabye it could be harder to make , mabye it can contain like lead, or jet any useless ore type

so there will be a use for those ore's.

just my opinion, it could be a other color on it i ;)

And it could be alot more Dark green than the bithmutine bronze ingot.

YES

Edited by Qaz2wsx321

What would be the use of this new steel? How would it be different from the other steels?

Adding something just to use up useless materials is not a valid reason for adding it. There needs to be some sort of actual benefit that affects gameplay in order for us to even consider adding it to the game.

There's already 4 different types of steel, 3 of them with a color in front of "steel." Adding another wouldn't add much benefit. A lot of people would confuse it with bismuth bronze. :P

Yeah, you're right when i Think of it anonymous conservative.

it was a bad idea, but there should be something that can use jet, and other types of useless ore's.​

Yeah I can't stand the idea of another fictional metal being added to tfc, but I do think the useless ores should be given a use.

I'd think there's a good bet that magic and/or alchemy will make good use of the currently useless stuff.  They both have TFC2 forum topics. 

Well from what I understand, red and blue steel are the only Tier 6 metals. I can't remember off the top of my head but as a set for armour, red steel was useful for slashing DMG and blue for piercing. That still leaves crushing, or whatever the one that got left out was, which was only really focused on by leather. So that could be a use for it, to cover that DMG type gap, while also making use of the less useful. Two birds with one stone, no?

Edited by Mathias Ademar

Please don't feed the trolls. Let's first ignore the fact that most of the useless items are minerals, which cannot be used as alloy ingredients. Then we can ignore the fact that red and blue steel have metal ingredients that actually make sense when giving the end result. Rose Gold and Brass both have hints of red in them, and Bismuth Bronze and Sterling Silver have hints of blue. There's no believable reasoning behind why mixing lead and platinum would give green.

The only reason the useless ores and minerals haven't been removed from the game is because I know of at least one modpack that has given them use. If it really bothers you guys so much, I'd be more than happy to add a config option that removes them from world generation. You'll have to delete your TFCOres.cfg file at the same time though. Alternatively, you can just edit the TFCOres.cfg file right now and switch the values in it so that they can never spawn, like making them only spawn in sedimentary stone, and then set the max height at y=5. It'll never generate because sedimentary stone will never generate that low.

In the future if you want to try and justify a suggestion that has already been deemed a "bad idea" by the OP, and for good reason, go post in the Ridiculous Suggestions thread in the Off Topic forum.

This topic has been locked.