Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
TaeoG

[TFC 0.79.24+] Animal Crate

13 posts in this topic

I whipped together a quick little addon that I figured I would share.

On my server we play a lot with the Ships mod, and we've found it very difficult to transport animals. If you try to carry them loose on the ship, a lag spike can knock them off or even get them stuck in a wall. So I made animal crates.

HOW TO MAKE

Posted Image

Any planks will do

HOW THEY WORK

• Right click an animal with a crate to store them in the crate (This makes the crate very heavy, you'll have to put it on your back)
  • Place it on the ground like a normal block, and shift-rightclick it to let the animal out. This destroys the crate.
  • If you want to pick up the crate, simply use an axe to break it. If there is an animal inside, it'll stay in there.
  • The crate when in your inventory will say what is inside
  • When placed in the world or right clicked the animal will make a noise to tell you what's inside.  
  • Now you can load your animals up on your ship and sail away! Or it gives you a quick and easy way to get a single animal across harsh terrain on your back (Although I already used the Udary mod for this purpose, never hurts to have options)

FUTURE PLANS

This is just a simple mod I whipped up to fill a need, but I have a few ideas I'll likely implement in the future

• Metal Cages - Always needs to be carried on your back, even when empty, but doesn't break when opened
  • Visual cues - Labels and potentially glimpses of the animal inside the crate, so you don't have to pick it up or hit it to know what's inside. 
  • Multiple Small Animals - Chickens and bats don't weigh much or take up much space, may make it possible to carry multiple in a single crate. 

Download

(WARNING: Don't release the animal when the crate is beside other blocks, the animal may suffocate)

This code is released under the MIT OSS License. If you want to use it in a modpack go ahead.

Edited by TaeoG

Best to list permissions for Modpacks/Licence info

I downloaded this and moved it right into the mods folder. I cant make the crates... I am guessing I dont have it in the proper thing or installed properly? any help?

Nevermind it wasnt showing up, I deleted it and redownloaded it and it works now. :D

On 5/22/2016 at 9:51 PM, DarkSirNobody said:

I know that your AddOn is in edit, but Nobody's Pack supports it anyway :)

Nevermind, I totaly missunderstood what you ment ;)

I didnt realize that "Nobody's Pack" was your resource pack :P

Edited by OneWolfe

16 hours ago, OneWolfe said:

I didnt realize that "Nobody's Pack" was your resource pack :P

Yeah it may be surprising that Nobody's Pack isn't "Nobody's" literally ;)

16 hours ago, OneWolfe said:

Nevermind, I totaly missunderstood what you ment ;)

...probably because my English is terrible. :D I'm sorry

Edited by DarkSirNobody

I see that a couple packs include my little addon. Thats kinda neat. Anyways, I don't keep a very good eye on this thread, so please send me a message if you have any issues!

Perfect for making a TerraFirmaCraft coup. ( Not supposed to be a political coup, but a chicken holding place. )

On 8/20/2016 at 9:38 AM, NeverMore0011 said:

Perfect for making a TerraFirmaCraft coup. ( Not supposed to be a political coup, but a chicken holding place. )

That's "coop"

On 12/10/2016 at 7:33 PM, Peffern said:

That's "coop"

Oh... I'm so sorry.

This mod works fine. I will include it in my modpack, instead of udary backpack, which are crashing server.