Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Bloodring532

Maize Tortillas

4 posts in this topic

Have you read, understood, and followed all of the rules listed in large text at the top of the suggestions forum?(Yes/No): YesAnswering "no" to the above question will result in your post being deleted.Maize in Terrafirmacraft only is used for making bread or in salads/sandwiches. Maize/corn should be used in making tortillas, which I think could be a huge new food item in the game. Corn/Maize tortillas could maybe be fried and used in things such as tacos and dip, as well as eating it just like that. Flour(wheat) tortillas can be used to make burritos just like sandwiches. Tortillas are prepared in many different ways, and the comal would be a great way for stone age. A comal is used over a fire and the tortilla dough (corn or flour) is flattened and placed on top. I got this idea from where I live and the Mayans that used to inhabit here as well as seeing people make them. The way the Mayans used to crush the maize was by 2 stones; 1 with a cylindrical shape and the other a Flat and slightly curved stone. The comal used in the stone age would be made of a flat rock or manually-made and the metal comal is also an option. Tortillas have been kept fresh and hot in clay pots and stone pots. I don't know if this would be hard to implement but it sure seems that way to me, but I appreciate you reading this anyway.

Devs seem to like just having two meal options in the game (salads and sandwiches.)  I wouldn't be against something else, though.  More food items always make more interesting and varied breakfasts and dinners.  However, I think the main problem is that they probably don't want to draw up art and program more stuff into the game (that could potentially create more problems/bugs) when they can be spending time on fixing bugs for this version and working on TFC2.

Just my take on it, feel free to comment/share your onion's worth.

I'm Baker, and belief me: When you try to bake a bread from only maize, it will end as tortillas.

You have to mix the maize-flour with wheat- or spelt-flour to get a bread that looks like THIS.

So TFC-maizebread IS already tortillas ;)

Edited by wintersfreund

You can always use a resource pack to change all instances of "Cornbread" in TFC to instead be "Corn Tortillas." You can even change the art for sandwiches that are made for each specific bread, so even "sandwiches" you make with your new tortillas would look like tacos or burritos.