Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.

151 posts in this topic

Still down? :(

The Dynamap just came back up, seems like the server is running again.

I wish we knew why it keeps going down, anyone hear from Ricky lately?

Edited by Sayreg

Hi guys,
We have been having a few server crashes lately, and this is why the server has been down for long periods. Ricky was able to determine that it is related to jungle trees being cut. I looked on the bug forum and found this from Kitty.

Name: Tree Chopping Crash

Description: When chopping down large trees such as sequoias while the game/server is lagging, the system is unable to keep up with all of the block updates and therefore crashes. Crash report may contain:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/minecraft/world/World$2

Workaround: Prior to chopping down large trees, break one of the leaf blocks to update all of the leaves that are out of range of the trunk.
Note: On some less robust systems, even doing this will crash the game. TFC in general is a very resource intensive mod, and as such proper measures such as allocating the correct amount of memory, using the correct version of java and forge, and implementing JVM arguments to help with garbage collection may be needed in order to have a smooth experience.

A second bug we have been noticing is related to alcohol use [looking at you Jacob :P]

When a player's alcohol value is higher than zero, typing in general chat will cause an immediate disconnect. I'm not sure if logging off and waiting fixes the problem, but I don't think it would. This is an issue with cauldron according to Ricky. There are a few work arounds:

1. Wait long enough for your alcohol value to return to zero (5-10min tops)

2. Use /tc for town chat or use private messages with /tell or /msg

If there are any other glaring issues you have been having, just let us know.

Hi guys,

We have been having a few server crashes lately, and this is why the server has been down for long periods. Ricky was able to determine that it is related to jungle trees being cut. I looked on the bug forum and found this from Kitty.

A second bug we have been noticing is related to alcohol use [looking at you Jacob :P]

When a player's alcohol value is higher than zero, typing in general chat will cause an immediate disconnect. I'm not sure if logging off and waiting fixes the problem, but I don't think it would. This is an issue with cauldron according to Ricky. There are a few work arounds:

1. Wait long enough for your alcohol value to return to zero (5-10min tops)

2. Use /tc for town chat or use private messages with /tell or /msg

If there are any other glaring issues you have been having, just let us know.

This is concerning, especially since spawn is pretty much at jungle and newcomers are prone to head that direction. Hopefully Ricky can add more memory or DEVS can solve this. Anyway, server is up and running now.

I was talking with Ricky and the server has a very solid about of memory. It is really up to the Devs to fix the tree crash issue, but I don't think it will be resolved until TFC2.

In the meantime we can educate new community members, and have fun.

nice, and im not addicted :P

Edited by JacobBondley

Sorry guys but OMGSERV.com is doing an upgrade of their servers and FeudalFirmaCraft will be closed for some hours.

Sorry for the inconvenience, 

Lion

Sorry guys but OMGSERV.com is doing an upgrade of their servers and FeudalFirmaCraft will be closed for some hours.

Sorry for the inconvenience, 

Lion

Thanks for the update Lion

It will be open at 10:00 a.m. time zone : Paris, France

Edited by LionheartRicky

OMGSERV.com  say:

A maintenance is currently in progress on our infrastructure, everything should be back to normal at 12:00AM 3:00AM GMT+1(Paris, France). 

Website, the control panel and game servers are concerned.
However, all vocal servers, and minecraft servers on US datacenter, remains available. 

Thank you for your understanding, you can follow this maintenance on our Twitter account.

FROM OMGSERV.com

Very happy the server is up again. Would you be able to change the language back on english? It is french.

Also, the "server stopping" message is now missing.

Thank for all your hard work Lion!

So sad....

My Nation and Town were deleted I believe. Had plenty of money in them (90 days) when last checked a couple of weeks ago.

I have now been robbed blind. Even took my Jack o Lanterns!

So much work lost to thieves is just not worth it

Hopefully an investigation will reveal the culprit(s) and they get banned

I’m really sorry for that StoneBurrower, at the moment there is a new rule to prevent towns stealing :

• Abandoned towns will be auctioned to the highest bidder after a week of their failure;
  • It’s strictly forbidden to steal resources from towns just because they fall into ruin, because towns can have an owner who is temporarily offline;

StoneBurrower, I’m really sorry about that and I regret not being there to help you, I hope I can help in some way to rebuild your magnificent towns and outposts because you are the player who plays on FeudalFirmaCraft more time, you're a veteran of TerraFirmaCraft and certainly does not deserve to be treated this way.

See you soon Lion

P.S: Sorry for English , I’ve done my best
Edited by LionheartRicky

Also, all my stats got reset to Novice level, all Exp gone, and my hunger/water bars do not move and it shows me as hungry but they are full.

Obviously noone will fess up for raping my town so unless you use something to look into it (core protect) I am boned.

Hope everyone has fun with their unearned gains.

As well bigblueturret and crew has plopped protection outposts on some of the mines that I had outposts on. Perhaps a point in the right direction?

If area cannot be rolled back then do not bother Lion, wont be worth it to start all over.

Sorry

Also, all my stats got reset to Novice level, all Exp gone, and my hunger/water bars do not move and it shows me as hungry but they are full.

Obviously noone will fess up for raping my town so unless you use something to look into it (core protect) I am boned.

Hope everyone has fun with their unearned gains.

As well bigblueturret and crew has plopped protection outposts on some of the mines that I had outposts on. Perhaps a point in the right direction?

If area cannot be rolled back then do not bother Lion, wont be worth it to start all over.

Sorry

Stone,

I'm sorry to hear about your losses. The land tax rate has increased dramatically over the last month, by 500-1000%. So your town may have legitimately run out of cash.

As to the mines, having looked dynmap, I think I see now that Arcadia came close to your territory during the hunt for Nickel. I'll question the people of our town to see if any may have mistakenly robbed you thinking it was truly an abandoned town.

If you are interested playing again, you could join Arcadia. We would gladly work with you to speed your recovery by sharing resources.

Once again, sorry to hear you are having so many troubles. Let me know if there is more I can do.

-Sayre

StoneBurrower has a new town , Estonia .

You can visit it with this command /t spawn Estonia

BOBSCAKE here!

The land tax rate listed for towns upkeep is 1$ a day... Does that increase 1$ per extra plot or some other formula?

$1 per town block .

example: I have a town with 5 town blocks, I pay $5 every 24 hours of real time.

Sorry guys but this week I will not be online because today I go in vacation with my family,  please be good!

;)

P.S: In italy we say:  “Quando il gatto dorme, i topi ballano” , please do not do this!

Edited by LionheartRicky