Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
ShneekeyTheLost

[79.25]Plentiful Food seed

5 posts in this topic

Seed: 1798798586

wY6R2sJ.png

And the seed screenshot

dI1H8mr.png

A more complete map with Bismuthite shown

loyjLmk.png

You start off close enough to the equator that you've got a plethora of food. I passed by tons of chickens and pigs in the plains as I explored. Unfortunately, the geome is Quartzite so while I found a couple of Tetrahedrite and even a Sphalerite deposit, there was no surface copper to be found. Also marked on the map is a Hot Springs which is also conveniently located near a fresh water pond.

The mountain to the south had some caves and it turned into Slate, so that might be more promising to prospect in. However, I suspect your first copper is going to come from (pun intended) pan-handling.

Plenty of fruit trees which blossom in different seasons, some berry bushes, tons of Jute, several different types of cereal grains to select from, soybeans near spawn just inside the plains area, lots of clay deposits, several vegetables to pick from... in all, you aren't going hungry here, even if it will be challenging to break out of the stone age. Once you get do, however, chickens and nest boxes are going to provide a renewable supply of protein so the soybeans are going to be less important, and you have enough pigs in the area for pigsplosion and starting up a tannery.

The only biological resources you may have to journey for are sheep and cows, which are going to be several thousand blocks away since you are so close to the equator.

EDIT:

There's Tetrahedrite (copper), Sphalerite (Zinc) and now I found a source of Bismuthite to make Bismuth Bronze with. Also, on the peninsula to the far east (2747,-6976) the eastern coast all the way half way down the continent on the shoreline is all Chalk, so you have abundant flux as well. In other words, an excellent starting seed that will take you into the Bronze Age before needing to expand your horizons.

Edited by ShneekeyTheLost

Just FYI, you can totally find cows near that latitude.  Sheep will be further.

Unfortunately, the geome is Quartzite so while I found a couple of Tetrahedrite and even a Sphalerite deposit, there was no surface copper to be found.

You do realize that Tetrahedrite is copper right? So if you found that, then you found surface copper.

You do realize that Tetrahedrite is copper right? So if you found that, then you found surface copper.

Ahh,. I thought Tetrahedrite was Zinc. Hmmm.. much better seed than I thought, then.

Just FYI, you can totally find cows near that latitude. Sheep will be further.

The area is too hot and wet for cows. Rainfall is over 1000 and temp is up around 35. Temp needs to be down around 30 and the rainfall needs to be under 500 for Cows to spawn Edited by ShneekeyTheLost

The area is too hot and wet for cows. Rainfall is over 1000 and temp is up around 35. Temp needs to be down around 30 and the rainfall needs to be under 500 for Cows to spawn

Fair enough, but you said earlier (emphasis mine):

The only biological resources you may have to journey for are sheep and cows, which are going to be several thousand blocks away since you are so close to the equator.

That implied to me that you thought just by being close to the equator, they wouldn't be present.  Which is not true.  I've seen cows 6k blocks from equator.  So based on that I thought I'd help out by pointing out they *might* still be near.     If you've explored all the blocks within that range and found no cows, and high rain biomes, ok, fine, but if so I did not know that you had explored so much.  Rain is not tied to the equator, to the best of my knowledge, but simply to biome.   *Average* biome temperature, to the best of my knowledge, IS directly tied to distance from equator.  But in my experience does not reach 30 until near 6k from equator.  That's why I said what I did.