Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Drakoflame

Large Vessels, What can/should they do?

5 posts in this topic

First, I want to say that it's been a while since I last played TFC (back at the begining of the year), and the wiki, as we all know, is... "lacking" in certain info for version 79... So I come to you all, the forum followers of TFC, to ask my question.

I was recently watching Ethoslab's Terrafirmacraft season 2 LP, and he was talking about the Large Vessels, and how they hold 5000mb of fluids and that their a bit harder to make than Barrels, which hold 10000mb of fluid, and have 12 storage slots, an then it hit me, "Well... their made of clay, and you use regular vessels to do early game smelting, before firepits and Crucibles... can you fill a Large Vessel with a bunch of ores and smelt it?" The most a Ceramic Vessel can hold is 2240mb of liquid metal (Rich ore, 16 in each slot, 4 slots), thats 22 ingots, and a little bit left over... by that logic, a Large vessel should REALLY be able to carry almost 6000mb of fluid, as 35 * 16 * 9 = 5985mb.

What I'm getting at, is you should be able to, in the early game, use Large Vessels for mass production of tools, as well as hold quite a bit of liquid metal (could provide a way of galvenizing your iron and steal, as you could put sphalerite into the vessel, then your iron/steal tools, and sealing it, coating the tools in steal, which would give them a bit more durrability, as the zink protects the metal from oxydation).

So, i guess in a way, this is both a question "Can you use Large Vessels for melting metals" and a suggestion "LV's should carry 6000mb, and be used for galvenizing".

No. That's what the crucible is for.

Large Vessel's only purpose is so that players can do almost anything that requires a barrel, before having a metal saw.

Edited by Kittychanley

No. That's what the crucible is for.

Large Vessel's only purpose is so that players can do almost anything that requires a barrel, before having a metal saw.

Ahh, okay that makes sense. I knew that they were pre saw storage, but like I said, I just wasn't sure if they could do that stuff.

I guess now I should be asking, are there plans for galvenizing in the future?

There are no plans for galvanizing tools, it's outside the timeframe of TFC. TFC goes up to about the western 14th century, and galvanizing wasn't introduced in western civilization until the 17th century. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galvanization

There are no plans for galvanizing tools, it's outside the timeframe of TFC. TFC goes up to about the western 14th century, and galvanizing wasn't introduced in western civilization until the 17th century. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galvanization

Oh o3o I had no idea that TFC was set into a certain time era... well, I guess the galvenizing part will be left to modders then!

Thanks for helping me out Kitty :3 when I get a new, more beefy computer, I'll definitely play TFC alot more, I always found it so interesting, and harder :D