Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.

252 posts in this topic

WOW! everything looks amazing! I really like the gear and the gear making process :D

For me, I have never had any trouble getting Rubber for various mods. At first I was just smashing specific logs to get resin, but now I am using Slimeballs dropped from rare mobs, so it adds a bit of monster hunting to the pack.

For me, I have never had any trouble getting Rubber for various mods. At first I was just smashing specific logs to get resin, but now I am using Slimeballs dropped from rare mobs, so it adds a bit of monster hunting to the pack.

I want to make a close to real life obtaining of latex. Something like this:

468851c8d3a57357a6e5e53770450795.jpg

%D0%9A%D0%B0%D1%83%D1%87%D1%83%D0%BA%D0%

I want to make a close to real life obtaining of latex. Something like this:

Kind of like the Tree Tap that IC2 or MFR has?

Kind of like the Tree Tap that IC2 or MFR has?

No. IC2 Tree Tap allows to obtain latex simply right clicking on a tree. To obtain latex in MFR you need to just smashing Hevea logs. I do not accept either of these variants.

I plan to create a "device" that will cling to the trunk of Hevea. On this device will be installed a special bowl, which will gradually drain the latex. To the latex began to flow, you will need a knife to scratch the trunk of Hevea.

Thought I would stop by today and see how things are progressing. I am very interested in using this mod in my pack since it offers integration with several of the tech mods I have included, but am still waiting for certain features to be ready and for my own pack to be a lot more stable before adding new features.

Is it possible to provide a nice list of current and expected features on the first post?

Edited by OneWolfe

Thought I would stop by today and see how things are progressing. I am very interested in using this mod in my pack since it offers integration with several of the tech mods I have included, but am still waiting for certain features to be ready and for my own pack to be a lot more stable before adding new features.

Unfortunately, things are not moving as fast as I would like. Work and family occupy most of the time and is not always possible to allocate time for the development of mod. But some progress is still there. I am currently developing a process of obtaining a latex from a Hevea.

Just keep in mind that the development of mod may take quite some time.

Is it possible to provide a nice list of current and expected features on the first post?

I have many plans and ideas about mod. I will try to write in the near future that I plan to implement in next update and about expected features.

I'm updated the first post.

is there a download link and can you add Rotarycraft compatibility

is there a download link and can you add Rotarycraft compatibility

1. I added link to CurseForge page in first post.

2. Unfortunally, no. The reason is - Rotarycraft author Reika does not welcome third party modifications. So if I try to make changes to Reika's recipes, Rotarycraft is likely crash.

https://sites.google.com/site/reikasminecraft/modifications

I do not want to waste my time trying to verify whether or not it crash. Sorry.

Edited by Shurgent

I have created a model of the latex tapping tileentity

d0jsBeZfeBQ.jpg

WOW! Those look amazing :D

oh okay. what about electrical age

I'll think about it. But first, I have to realize that planned.

WOW! Those look amazing :D

Oh my goodness. Sign me up!  :)

Thanks! :)

Edited by Shurgent

I was just looking over your list of planned items again and I was really impressed to find a steel bucket for BC oil. Right now, in my mod pack, the Wooden Bucket is turning into a vanilla iron bucket when ever a player tries to pick up any liquid it dosnt recognize. I am hoping that the BC integration in your mod might be able to account for this bug?

And I was also wondering if you would be able to add the metal Tungsten to the list? It is also commonly called Wolfram and found in ore deposits of Wolframite and Sheelite. Its commonly used as alloys for making steel and glass stronger, so it may have some uses here with some interesting applications. I primarily want to use it for Magneticraft which uses Tungsten heavily as Tungsten Carbide in all of it machines.

I was just looking over your list of planned items again and I was really impressed to find a steel bucket for BC oil. Right now, in my mod pack, the Wooden Bucket is turning into a vanilla iron bucket when ever a player tries to pick up any liquid it dosnt recognize. I am hoping that the BC integration in your mod might be able to account for this bug?

And I was also wondering if you would be able to add the metal Tungsten to the list? It is also commonly called Wolfram and found in ore deposits of Wolframite and Sheelite. Its commonly used as alloys for making steel and glass stronger, so it may have some uses here with some interesting applications. I primarily want to use it for Magneticraft which uses Tungsten heavily as Tungsten Carbide in all of it machines.

Yes, I was faced with the problem of transformation of the bucket. And solved this problem in my mod.

And I have plans to add new metals and ores, but it's not in priority.

P.S.

Latex tapping tileentity model test video:

https://youtu.be/8pg1LsUtk6U

Hi!

Small report :)

I finished work on a full cycle of production of rubber. Starting from latex obtaining from Hevea, finishing vulcanizing rubber compound.

Now the Hevea can be a limited resource (can be enabled in the config file). You can not get latex from Dead Hevea, but it can still be cut down.

GnkZNyeLnYY.jpg

For the production of rubber will need:

Chalk Powder (Made of Chalk Rock in Quern)

veruh6tWe1E.jpg

Vulcanizing Agents (Mixture of Chalk Powder, Graphite Powder, Kaolinite Powder and Sulfur)

otGnYlUzsmA.jpg

Next we need to put the agents in a barrel with latex.

GvBplpMH4kY.jpg

And we get the rubber mix. To get the rubber, it is necessary to heat this mix.

tVLB23xU5gQ.jpg

That's all! ))

Edited by Shurgent

Keep up the great work! I like processes like this even if I don't have any prior knowledge on them. Gives you a sense of accomplishment which is why I love TFC in the first place! I like that you are merging the concepts from these tech mods into the framework of TFC allowing us to progress without it feeling tacked on :)

I like that you are merging the concepts from these tech mods into the framework of TFC allowing us to progress without it feeling tacked on :)

Thanks!

This is actually the main idea of this mod. ;)

I would love to see this be compatible with the thaumcraft addon also being made. It'd be amazing.

I would love to see this be compatible with the thaumcraft addon also being made. It'd be amazing.

Maybe one day. In general, support of magical mods was not planned.

If your adding technical mod compatibility, may I ask for project red to be on that list? Feel free t say no. Lol. Just figured I'd ask. :P

If your adding technical mod compatibility, may I ask for project red to be on that list? Feel free t say no. Lol. Just figured I'd ask. :P

Yes, I will add it. Probably not the entire mod, but only wires, logic and lamps.

Yes, I will add it. Probably not the entire mod, but only wires, logic and lamps.

hey sweet. even just adding the logic tile plates and red alloy ingots makes 85% of the mod usable.