Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.

252 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, OneWolfe said:

I completely understand the issues with putting bad items in chests. I am just asking that the BC items not be HIDDEN from NEI, or at least have the option to hide them. TFC is already unfriendly enough ...

There is an option in TFCTech.cfg

# Set to false to show hidden items in NEI.
    B:EnableNEIHide=true

Try this.

12 minutes ago, Shurgent said:

There is an option in TFCTech.cfg

# Set to false to show hidden items in NEI.
    B:EnableNEIHide=true

Try this.

OH! :D

I must have missed it last night, I am totally blind some times. Sorry for the confusion and inconvenience. I will work on changing out all the quests, drops, and recipes to use your pipes and gears instead.

Thank you very much :D

1 hour ago, OneWolfe said:

Thank you very much :D

You're wellcome :D

Ok it is working for me now :D

Quick question, What are the plates and dense plates for?

18 hours ago, OneWolfe said:

Ok it is working for me now :D

Quick question, What are the plates and dense plates for?

As planned, it should be used so as TFC metal sheets. So far, it could not craft and are not used. The plates are designed as a cheaper replacement of TFC metal sheets, but they can only be crafted in the machines. If creation of one single metal sheet requires two metal ingot, while only one ingot is required to produce a single plate. I plan to make a metal plates in Immersive Engineering Metal Press.

Edited by Shurgent

9 hours ago, Shurgent said:

As planned, it should be used so as TFC metal sheets. So far, it could not craft and are not used. The plates are designed as a cheaper replacement of TFC metal sheets, but they can only be crafted in the machines. If creation of one single metal sheet requires two metal ingot, while only one ingot is required to produce a single plate. I plan to make a metal plates in Immersive Engineering Metal Press.

Thank you :D

I should be able to easily implement the Metal Press feature through ModTweaker. 

Also, is there a way to disable the Aluminum smelting? I would like to force the players to use the ARC furnace instead if possible. My other choice would be to try to make the forged and smelted Aluminum useless by removing it from the ore dictionary but that wont stop players from trying to craft up a bunch of ingots. I will see if I can find work arounds for this.

43 minutes ago, OneWolfe said:

Also, is there a way to disable the Aluminum smelting?

Currently, such option is not provided.

Just as a friend courtesy I would like to inform you that I will be adding your addon to the next update of my Public Mod pack called TerraFirmaPunk which can be found in the Third Party area on the FTB launcher.

Thanks for all the awesome work and for helping me with the initial integration :D

On 4/16/2016 at 3:21 PM, Shurgent said:

Currently, such option is not provided.

I was finally able to manage.

Oh and someone added Cryolite to the game. :D I am not sure if it was from your addon or originally in TFC. Now I just have to see if I can crush and powderize it for use in the ARC furnace.

Also thank you very much for giving the metal dust a variable option for units, this will really help out a ton when I get to crushing and grinding up ores.

18 hours ago, OneWolfe said:

Oh and someone added Cryolite to the game. :D I am not sure if it was from your addon or originally in TFC. Now I just have to see if I can crush and powderize it for use in the ARC furnace.

Also thank you very much for giving the metal dust a variable option for units, this will really help out a ton when I get to crushing and grinding up ores.

Cryolite is original TFC 'redstone' ore. Grind it in grindstone and you get redstone dust.

I thought it would be useful for modpack makers and I add variable options for units in config file. You're wellcome )))

Edited by Shurgent

I have been running TFCTech in my pack for about a week now with out any major issues or crashes on my side. The new trees are spawning fine, maybe a bit to often from what I have seen so far. The ores seem ok, but I havnt done any serious searches for bauxite yet so im not entirely sure what the density is like yet. I also have not spent any time testing out the pipes yet, but I will get to them in time. Everything seemed fine with the mod so I went ahead and included it with my recent update on the public launcher over the weekend.

When I got up to check my email Monday morning I was shocked by the number of complaints about the recent update :( The biggest issue that cam up was that none of the loose rocks were generating when a new world was created. My first thought was that maybe it was a bad texture and that the rocks were just invisible, which has happend in the past before, but this was not the case, the rocks are just gone. The weird part is that I am not having any problems and only 1 out of 5 of my beta testers actually experienced any problems at all. Other people were reporting that occasionally if they did a clean reinstall the rocks would occasionally come back. This seems like a really weird issue and its one I cannot recreate on my own so I am not much help on finding the source of the issue. However based on several further tests with everyone who is experiencing the problem we have narrowed the cause down to TFCTech.

I posting this in hopes that you may know what is causing this. It may also be that TFCTech is conflicting with one or more of the other mods in the pack, but with out more extensive testing I cant say for sure where the conflicts lay. If you would like to take a look for yourself you can find my mob pack on the FTB Launcher under the Third Party Packs section. The pack is named TerraFirmaPunk and should be on the top of the list.

Thanks for all the hard work and help, and please feel free to contact me directly if you need more details regarding this issue.

It is how the worldgen is handling spewing the bauxite rocks. I would guess that not only are loose rocks not spawning, but neither are sticks or metal nuggets. You in fact don't even see any loose rocks or sticks in the screenshots in OP. I ran into this problem in some of my work, but have not got back to it to find a solution. I also found that I got serious worldgen lag from doing this. I believe what may be happening for me is that the TFC gen is done, then the loose debris is deleted and my loose debris was generated. It would be worth poking TaeoG about this as I know he is working on debris generation and he may have a better method.

TFCTech adds Bauxite Ore spawning settings into the TFCOre.cfg file (bauxite and "bauxite surface" sections).

Hevea Trees spawning depends on a climate (average biome temp, rainfall).

Ideal conditions:
Average temperature: 25-30
Rainfall: 1500-2000

Under ideal conditions, Hevea spawning quite often. Probably it is necessary to make Hevea spawn chance adjustable...

As for the problem: I'll try to reproduce this problem as soon as I will have time for it. I'll try to figure it out.
But I remind you again that the mod in deep alpha and requires thorough testing before adding it to the public modpack.

I think I found the reason and guess why this bug does not occur for all players.

Now I will try to fix ...

So I'm curious about the logic for the change fixing the issue? I have the same problem and my code is the same to what your code was prior to fix. 

1 hour ago, Bunsan said:

So I'm curious about the logic for the change fixing the issue? I have the same problem and my code is the same to what your code was prior to fix. 

https://github.com/Shurgent/TFCTech/commit/6c8211a344dfb8f0e673412c53933ece4f7819b6
There was a bug in WorldGenBauxiteRocks.java
I lost sight of that moment when the getCoreSample method returns null. TileEntity for loose rock created, but when getCoreSample method returns null, nothing is placed into container and TileEntity remained empty. I've fixed it, and now if the method returned null, then TileEntity not set in the world.

Edited by Shurgent

Just keep in mind that the already generated empty rocks will remain empty. But new rocks must be generated normally.

Thank you so much for getting this turned around so quickly :D I will let everyone know where to get the fix until I am able to release my own updates

Also thank you for adding the Hevea tree spawn chance to your configs, but what I was refering to might be a bit more complicated so let me try to explain what I am seeing. I am not 100% certain that this is actually what is happening but I am just guessing from the few worlds I generated while looking for Hevea trees.

My current test world for machines and other tech is a seed I found that generates a fairly large flat region of grasslands on the coast with absolutely no trees for miles in any direction. This makes a perfect test world since it is so similar to a flat world that I dont have to do any terraforming when I need large flat spaces to work in. However after installing TFCTech I thought I would load up a copy of my test world seed and fly off to the distant forest to the west to see if I could find any of the new trees there. But I didnt have to go very far at all, in fact I didnt even have to take one step to see trees generating all over my nice flat plains :P albeit they are 50 ore more blocks apart, but it seems that if I travel about 100 blocks in any direction I can find another tree. Based on how rare most things are in TFC I would have expected to fly around for maybe an hour before finding any Hevea at all. They seem to use a fairly standard scatter pattern, which isnt bad in and of itself, but I would have expected them to clump together more or be confined strictly to forests or found only in southern climes or even warm and wet regions. Something closely related to their natural habitats.

Of course I could be completely wrong since I only tested a few world, but I always found several Hevea trees with in site of spawn. So if I am mistaken please let me know. My own pack is ment to be very brutal so I have deliberately made the rubber a necessary but difficult item to acquire and having it as easy to find as the next tree is kind of overkill :P I am going to work with the rarity settings for now to see if I can find a balance I am happy with :D 

Please dont take this wrong, I am definitely not complaining just trying to make a suggestion and paint a picture of my observations. And if my expectations are a bit premature definitely dont hesitate to say so...

And thanks again for all the awesome work! This mod is really coming together very well and I am very glad for all if it! Your work on TFCTech has managed to help me solve the last of my major issues with the endgame tech and I am very grateful for that :D

Thank you so much,

OneWolfe-

I'll try to explain how Hevea tree spawn works...

https://github.com/Shurgent/TFCTech/blob/master/src/main/java/ua/pp/shurgent/tfctech/worldgen/WorldGenHevea.java#L69

Hevea tree spawn chance is calculated:
1% + <ideal temp chance> + (<ideal rainfall chance> OR <rainfall 500 to 1500 chance>)
'evt' value must be in range 0 to 2, otherwise trees will not spawn.

Ideal temp: 25-30
Ideal rainfall: 1500-2000

The lower chance value you set, the more rarely will spawn Hevea. If set to 0, then this climate condition will not affect the spawn chance.

You can set all three chance options to 0, then Hevea will spawn with chance of 1%.

Probably later I'll make spawn chance settings more flexible.

I decided to review the algorithm for generating the Hevea. Wait for the next update on weekend.

Ok, so climate and rainfall do take a part in the calculations. That is good to know :D

I do not know how TFC generates forests since they dont use biomes the same way as vanilla, which make all the biome related features of my pack messy at best. But it would be great if you could tie into them somehow and have Havea trees that tended to congregate near other groups of trees. Maybe something like a social algorithm? LOL

Good luck with the revision. I cant wait to see what your able to come up with :D

The trees that have the possibility of spawning in an area are randomly determined and can be retrieved for any coordinate through a function call. Now, whether they actually will spawn is determined by the climate, which may be something you'd want to emulate with your new trees.

Updated to version 0.2.3-A8

http://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/tfctech-addon/files/2295766

Changelog:

• Changed update checker
  • Changed Hevea spawn, added more spawn chance options in TFCTech.cfg

Now you can set the base spawn chance value and spawn chance for every climatic conditions.

For example, if you set spawn chance configuration like this:

# Hevea spawn base chance. 0 = no trees. [range: 0 ~ 100, default: 0]
    I:HeveaSpawnChanceBase=0

# Hevea spawn chance increment in ideal climate. [range: 0 ~ 100, default: 15]
    I:HeveaSpawnChanceIncIdealClimate=1

# Hevea spawn chance increment when EVT value within range 0-2. [range: 0 ~ 100, default: 1]
    I:HeveaSpawnChanceIncIdealEVT=0

# Hevea spawn chance increment when rainfall value within range 1500-2000. [range: 0 ~ 100, default: 5]
    I:HeveaSpawnChanceIncIdealRain=0

# Hevea spawn chance increment when average biome temperature within range 25-30. [range: 0 ~ 100, default: 5]
    I:HeveaSpawnChanceIncIdealTemp=0

# Hevea spawn chance increment when rainfall value within range 500-1500. [range: 0 ~ 100, default: 1]
    I:HeveaSpawnChanceIncRain500=0

Then the Hevea trees will spawn only under ideal climatic conditions* and very rare.

* Ideal climatic conditions - this is ideal temperature, ideal rainfall and ideal EVT together.