Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.

252 posts in this topic

Just now, Shurgent said:

I thought about it too. I'll try to do it, if possible.

If you do that, maybe you could add in some sort of multiblock structure that heats stuff up with RF so you could add a bit of automation to it. Also, do you plan on adding in tool molds for the IE press?

21 hours ago, KsterNator said:

If you do that, maybe you could add in some sort of multiblock structure that heats stuff up with RF so you could add a bit of automation to it. Also, do you plan on adding in tool molds for the IE press?

I have not worked through in detail all that is associated with the press. So I can not say anything specific about this yet. One can say that the most likely yes, I will add molds for tools, weapons and even armor.

On 5/26/2016 at 0:06 PM, CALEBXD101 said:

So what about the Pistronics 2 mod

I actually took a good look at this Pistronics, and think its a perfect low level tech mod for any TFC tech pack! My only issue is that none of the crafting recipes use the ore dictionary so TFC wood and metal are not recognized. It might a little difficult to integrate but not impossible. All it really needs is a little Minetweaker/ModTweaker. So a full blown crossover mod/addon really isnt needed in this case. 

I will have to do some serious testing to see how the blocks and mechanics handle a TFC world :P

Please add tinkers construct integration

Maybe even project red

17 minutes ago, CALEBXD101 said:

Please add tinkers construct integration

Maybe even project red

Tinkers Construct integration is not planned. Maybe one day...

Project Red - partially. Perhaps wires, logic and lamps.

On 28.05.2016 at 10:16 PM, Shurgent said:

I have not worked through in detail all that is associated with the press. So I can not say anything specific about this yet. One can say that the most likely yes, I will add molds for tools, weapons and even armor.

I'm not sure if making weapons and armor in Metal Press is a good idea due to lack of experience bonus (and it is not believable to make medieval stuff in modern press).

One should also be aware, that you must disassemble press to change mold (old mold disappear). I'm curious, if users of TechNodeFirmaCraft are using this Press for any end tools crafting (maybe pickaxes?). However, Metal Press can be a great tool for everyday tedious production of universal components such sheets, double sheets etc. I already scripted it in my pack.

I have another proposal concerning Metal Press. All these press molds crafting recipes doesn't fit into TFC look and feel. Is it possible to add knapping menu for metal sheet/double ingot? With some tool in hotbar (for example Steel Drill Head) you would be able to drill/mill metal to create press mold.

Yes we've added recipes to the metal press for a lot of items including tools and weapons. It is the trade off of convenience vs the smithing bonus. When using the tool heads in crafting recipes you don't care about the bonus anyways. We've not added armour items to it.

Also the mold disappearing is not a bug we've encountered. You can swap molds without issue.

27 minutes ago, CALEBXD101 said:

Well I imagine project red would be easier than tinkers

Honestly, I do not like Tinkers Construct. I will integrate it, only if I absolutely would have nothing to do ))

Edited by Shurgent

For immersive engineering, do you plan on changing the miner? The multiblock digger of sorts. It give vanilla ore and i wonder if u will be able to change it to tfc ores?

The excavator already can mine whatever you want as it has full minetweaker support. You could also register the ore items as oreIron etc. (must be done with mod) and set terrafirmacraft it the priority setting in the config, although that will register the ore items as equivalent to 1 ingot and introduce a number of issues. We dealt with this by creating an ore item that was equivalent to 100units and registered that as oreIron etc. 

Excavator is working fine, I removed all minerals except Aluminium, defined new ores, for example oreHaematite which contain all types of TFC Haematite, and added it to Excavator. 

15 hours ago, KsterNator said:

For immersive engineering, do you plan on changing the miner? The multiblock digger of sorts. It give vanilla ore and i wonder if u will be able to change it to tfc ores?

I will integrate Immersive Engineering as deeply as possible and as far as my abilities enough.

;)

I have now thought of downloading TerraFirmaTech for myself - a break on my survival on a bunch of mods will need to be done while I get to re-visit the flavour of TFC.

I just remembered something I have been meaning to mention for awhile now, but keep getting distracted. The Hevea logs are not fitting into log piles very well. It seems that when a log pile is created with a Hevea log it will only except 4 pieces of wood instead of the regular 16. I have not tested putting Hevea into piles created but other woods yet but it seems that the ones created from the Hevea logs are the ones having the issue.

1 hour ago, OneWolfe said:

The Hevea logs are not fitting into log piles very well.

The reason is that line: https://github.com/Deadrik/TFCraft/blob/7b22189d269b2b1e65b4e7529a43cd416a0ba7f6/src/Common/com/bioxx/tfc/Containers/Slots/SlotLogPile.java#L20

To make it work as it should, I have to create my own Log Pile.
Also, because of this line of code: https://github.com/Deadrik/TFCraft/blob/7b22189d269b2b1e65b4e7529a43cd416a0ba7f6/src/Common/com/bioxx/tfc/Containers/Slots/SlotFirepitFuel.java#L22
Hevea Logs can not be used as fuel in Firepit.

Hi!
Sketched model of the wire drawing bench in Techne:

Spoiler

xH-_Qn-WH1o.jpg

8RZXYbYaDUs.jpg

0bpih2V2vko.jpg

It is not final. Maybe there will be also a container for lubricant.

Looking Good So Far!

Good news!
Finally I fixed missing anvil recipes bug in SMP )))
Expect in the next update.

Sketch animation of Wire Draw Bench model:

Spoiler

Any word on how the next update is coming along?

9 hours ago, OneWolfe said:

Any word on how the next update is coming along?

Unfortunately, too little free time, and progress is relatively small.
Added Wire Draw Bench model to the mod. Now I'm working on animation. Began making API, allowing modders to add own wire drawing recipes. Also, I'm working on TileEntity. Overall progress about 75%.
Here's in-game video of Wire Draw Bench model with initial stage of animation:

Spoiler

Edited by Shurgent

It is looking pretty good so far :D