Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
aad74

General question on mining tfc / tnfc

5 posts in this topic

I have been playing around with technodefirmacraft recently and using their quest mode but I simply cann't find silver. I have spent 5 house searching the world and found none at all. I checked the tfc wiki and discovered that silver is found in only 2 rock types granite and gneiss so I have focused all my time on trying to find these types of rock. So far I have found no gneiss rock but several areas of granite which I have explored extensively but still no joy. One thing I did find was a large sample of lapis which I thought only generated in marble.

Do you guys know if TNFC have changed the ores & minerals generation in any way ? and do you have any ideas on how I can find silver as I have tried all the usual methods like core samples and pro-picking. Last night I walked over 12000 blocks straight west and didn't get anything.

I will also post on the TNFC forum for any help they may have.

As for the lapis, did you actually see it, or just get a propick reading?  If propick reading, were you near mountains?  In mountains, the mid layer is uplifted to be very close to the surface, and often it is exposed to where you can see it.  Marble can be a mid-layer rock, so you may simply be near an uplift of marble. 

As for silver, rng unfortunately.  I've had really good luck with surface gneiss before - lots of silver nuggets, seemed more common than cassiterite nuggets in it's native stones to me.  I don't know if granite and gneiss have different chances to generate silver nodes.  If you found a surface area of granite that's 1k square or more, I find it hard to believe you've not seen any silver nuggets at all though, if you've searched systematically and it's not covered in dense forest.

Just a side note, TNFC has actually forked and created their own version of TerraFirmaCraft, so at this point it really isn't even using our mod anymore so there isn't much we can do to help you on this site.

After 6000 more blocks I finally found silver but by tthis time my one and only pick was almost dead but I got a few pieces. Total journey from base to silver and back 32'000 blocks but I got there in the end.

As for the lapis it was formed in the transition between granite and marble on the top later of marble.

All is good in the worls again.