Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
StrayWolfe

Cooking with TFC (WIP)

313 posts in this topic

Okay thanks so far this is my top addon mod I am looking foward to

Cooking with TFC addon became one of the 'hot' mods.

Finally

and btw will there be a beta release or will it go straight into the full version?

Edited by CALEBXD101

Any more work on this one?
We're loving it so far.
Makes farming a thing.

IKR this is one of my favourite if not my favourite.

Edited by CALEBXD101

Is it possible to add a block called a Stone Oven that could replace the Vanilla Furnace but would work like the campfire or forge for heating and cooking food, specifically the baking of bread?

I have plans on adding a brick oven for cooking bread in the future. I am also thinking about using this post as the source of alpha builds and once I see that the build is fairly stable I will release it as a stable build in the addon forum. I will post the "unstable" test builds here for people to play with if they want the latest builds. I will update the beta build post less often but they should be stable builds.

Thanks for all of the support and I am glad everyone likes the addon. I am currently working on adding some basic soups and stews for early game food. I will push the alpha after I am done and post it here. Then after I test it thoroughly, I will make a new official mod release post. 

Edited by JAWolfe

Yeah a bread oven would be realistic.

I appreciate all the hard work  you are putting in.

This mod addon has a lot of potential.

Has anyone tried making cheese?
My buddy says it doesn't work; he tried twice.

Sorry, I haven't posted how to make cheese yet. The recipe is slightly different from the standard TFC recipe. You will need to add 1 salt to every 1000 millibuckets of curdled milk.

Has there been any progression with this mod or is it dead

I'm still here and this mod is far from dead, just busy making other addons that will be released soon. I started helping with Terrafirmapunk and I let this mod fall behind, but I am coming back to it.

Just a quick question, for context I've been working on a few minor food related things. Whenever I create food to result from a recipe it reads as "Pickled Dried Salted" followed by the food name and has no weight to it, I've tried using the ItemFoodTFC.createTag thing to add the weight and everything to it. It still doesn't craft the food item correctly, but nei reads the recipe correctly. I'm using a shapeless recipe, and the item that is being used to craft the food item isn't food based so it wouldn't have that data on it.

This doesn't directly pertain to your addon but I'm curious if you've had similar issues.

4 hours ago, Powerman913717 said:

Just a quick question, for context I've been working on a few minor food related things. Whenever I create food to result from a recipe it reads as "Pickled Dried Salted" followed by the food name and has no weight to it, I've tried using the ItemFoodTFC.createTag thing to add the weight and everything to it. It still doesn't craft the food item correctly, but nei reads the recipe correctly. I'm using a shapeless recipe, and the item that is being used to craft the food item isn't food based so it wouldn't have that data on it.

This doesn't directly pertain to your addon but I'm curious if you've had similar issues.

OneWolfe had trouble with this in the Terrafirmapunk pack and I had similar trouble in with it in making this addon. It relates to how TFC handles food in the player crafting grid, take a look at the FoodCraftingHandler file in the Common.Handlers package and ContainerPlayerTFC file in the Common.Containers package. The player crafting grid will pass any crafting recipe that results in an output that inherits ItemFoodTFC on to the FoodHandler. Within the food handler, it calculates the output item based on the input items. Since you do not have any ItemFoodTFC as inputs the output weight will be 0. In addition, the salted, pickled, dried and brined variables are by default true until an input ItemFoodTFC sets it to false. Since you do not have any of these inputs, all of those variables end up being true when the output is formed. So you will end up with an item with 0 weight, 0 decay, salted, pickled, dried and brined.

Since the TFC crafting grid tends to be difficult to work with, I ended up having to make a way to work around it. So things like refining grains in my mod requires players to beat the grains from the picked item after it was placed on the ground. I also made a prep table to address making food with its own crafting interface just to work around the TFC prep table and crafting grid. For you, I would suggest looking at those files that I mentioned and finding a method that works for what you want to do.

4 hours ago, JAWolfe said:

OneWolfe had trouble with this in the Terrafirmapunk pack and I had similar trouble in with it in making this addon. It relates to how TFC handles food in the player crafting grid, take a look at the FoodCraftingHandler file in the Common.Handlers package and ContainerPlayerTFC file in the Common.Containers package. The player crafting grid will pass any crafting recipe that results in an output that inherits ItemFoodTFC on to the FoodHandler. Within the food handler, it calculates the output item based on the input items. Since you do not have any ItemFoodTFC as inputs the output weight will be 0. In addition, the salted, pickled, dried and brined variables are by default true until an input ItemFoodTFC sets it to false. Since you do not have any of these inputs, all of those variables end up being true when the output is formed. So you will end up with an item with 0 weight, 0 decay, salted, pickled, dried and brined.

Since the TFC crafting grid tends to be difficult to work with, I ended up having to make a way to work around it. So things like refining grains in my mod requires players to beat the grains from the picked item after it was placed on the ground. I also made a prep table to address making food with its own crafting interface just to work around the TFC prep table and crafting grid. For you, I would suggest looking at those files that I mentioned and finding a method that works for what you want to do.

Thanks for all of the information, that makes a lot of sense now. :D

I just installed this mod and loaded up an earlier world. I used to have a dog, now I have a dozen. And this happened to all other animals around there as well.

Not strictly related to this mod (maybe you are able to fix it withing your mod?), but why stick cannot be burned in firepit?

Firstly, there is plenty of rather unusable sticks in later stage of the game, secondly, sometimes you need just to add a little to finish cooking and whole log is too much.

9 hours ago, gskw said:

I just installed this mod and loaded up an earlier world. I used to have a dog, now I have a dozen. And this happened to all other animals around there as well.

Thanks for trying out the mod. I have seen something like this in the Terrafirmapunk pack where animals in the wild are getting pregnant, but we are unable to find the cause and this mod isn't even part of the pack. I'm guessing that you are referring to animals impregnating themselves?

5 hours ago, ciekma said:

Not strictly related to this mod (maybe you are able to fix it withing your mod?), but why stick cannot be burned in firepit?

Firstly, there is plenty of rather unusable sticks in later stage of the game, secondly, sometimes you need just to add a little to finish cooking and whole log is too much.

Fire pits and forges have a hard coded group of fuels that work in them. To change that, the code for these blocks would need to be rewritten.

2 hours ago, CALEBXD101 said:

Does anyone know when the next version will come.out?

I'll probably update it when I am done with making a cooking pot.

On 17.5.2016 at 3:14 AM, JAWolfe said:

I'm guessing that you are referring to animals impregnating themselves?

Actually, no. I'm sorry for being unclear. I meant that my animals had simply duplicated. Some animals like bears had only doubled, but the amount of dogs and cows had simply exploded. It wasn't pregnancy, since dogs should only have an offspring of 1-2.

The cooking pot is an early game item for boiling foods such as boiled chicken, boiled beef, boiled pork, broths, stews, etc.

Interesting maybe it could have some integration with hot springs. Btw how about some similarities with Ark survival evolve's cooking pot

Someone just suggested to me if I could add some way to make Soy Milk with the Soy Beans. I went ahead and used your MT methods for turning water into Milk for now. But its just not realistic enough since to normal method is to soak the beans for 12 hours, then grind them into a mash before once again mixing with water. I am also not sure the liquid should count as a Dairy for dietary needs, but thats a game balance decision.

There is also the possibility of Rice Milk as well but it would currently conflict with the Sake recipe. Maybe I could use Rice Dough instead :P