Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
StrayWolfe

Cooking with TFC (WIP)

313 posts in this topic

Yes, we have grain dupe on, at least, thermos servers. I hope its gonna be fixed, but it will be nice to have option to turn off that mechanic.

On 5/10/2017 at 5:11 PM, wormzjl said:

Thanks for the fix

I was trying to compile the source from github to deal with some strange dupe bug on Thermos server (when placing grain on stone, the  grain in your hand does not disappear)

But I didn't get the same file as posted here (454 kb vs 518 kb), and the content seems a bit different ingame... Is the source actually usable?

I've been trying to setup a local thermos server in my dev environment to test the bugs you are reporting but I haven't had any success. I cannot test something if I can get it to work. If I knew how to setup a local Thermos server in the dev environment I would.

10 hours ago, StrayWolfe said:

I've been trying to setup a local thermos server in my dev environment to test the bugs you are reporting but I haven't had any success. I cannot test something if I can get it to work. If I knew how to setup a local Thermos server in the dev environment I would.

Well, we compile mod from github source and its work fine. But latest (0.0.7.1) precompile version have that issue.

21 hours ago, StrayWolfe said:

You need a custom build of TFC since there is some ASM conflict, see https://github.com/CyberdyneCC/Thermos/issues/431

But I think my PR should have solved issue, it runs without problem now

Hello, I've encountered a food dupe bug here.

Just cut the food into pieces less than 5 oz and put them inside a salad bow, if you take them out by rightclick again you will get a 5 oz piece.

Also stewed food does not seem to give any nutrition, possible bug too?

Confirmed on singleplayer with B:DiminishingReturns=false

10 hours ago, wormzjl said:

Hello, I've encountered a food dupe bug here.

Just cut the food into pieces less than 5 oz and put them inside a salad bow, if you take them out by rightclick again you will get a 5 oz piece.

Also stewed food does not seem to give any nutrition, possible bug too?

Confirmed on singleplayer with B:DiminishingReturns=false

Sorry, but I am out of the modding game for a while. My motherboard shorted out about a month ago and destroyed my computer. I currently don't have the money to buy a new computer, so I will be out until I can afford a replacement.

Hey there, I was wondering was it actually possible this mod could still be being maintained? I was wondering because I have one little issue, I mean it's not really an issue modwise but it is for my modpack, Cooking with TFC forces the tables to use the textures from TFC, I have retextured the support beams textures to be made of metals because I am working on a hardcore technical modpack with gregtech and a whole bunch of other mods in it, the cooking with TFC tables have metal posts as table legs which I find bothersome, I can live with it if nothing can be done but a quick update that makes the tables pull their textures from a different assets folder that contains copies of the TFC textures would be extremely useful

Again if it's not doable then sorry to bother, I can probably live with it

7 hours ago, UnlimatedStone9 said:

Hey there, I was wondering was it actually possible this mod could still be being maintained? I was wondering because I have one little issue, I mean it's not really an issue modwise but it is for my modpack, Cooking with TFC forces the tables to use the textures from TFC, I have retextured the support beams textures to be made of metals because I am working on a hardcore technical modpack with gregtech and a whole bunch of other mods in it, the cooking with TFC tables have metal posts as table legs which I find bothersome, I can live with it if nothing can be done but a quick update that makes the tables pull their textures from a different assets folder that contains copies of the TFC textures would be extremely useful

Again if it's not doable then sorry to bother, I can probably live with it

I do believe he intends to come back to it and get back into maintaining it, but life has gotten in the way. Give him some time to decide what he wants to do.

2 hours ago, Monarch_of_Gold said:

I do believe he intends to come back to it and get back into maintaining it, but life has gotten in the way. Give him some time to decide what he wants to do.

I can wait and see, I was just curious is all, of course life comes first as always

is there another source for the wiki? started a new server and the github is down, have no idea how to make food prep table or storage and other things this mod requires for early game

I think that you should improve clay oven. Like you can put in cooking pot potatoes, some chicken, a bit of carrot and place it in oven. Ta-da! Potato stew! And also, make something that can be used as campfire, but you can place it at the house and it will not look strange.

Edited by tulen662
I made an error ._.

I've been using the mod and it's awesome. Thanks, and nice job. I have a suggestion that could serve as another sandwich/salad. I though of it when I saw there was both limewater and corn in the game. At least in Mexico, how they make corn dough is by soaking corn in limewater for a day and then grinding them. So maybe that could be included. (putting corn in a barrel, and then grinding it in the quern) This dough, usually called masa (which means dough in spanish, but could be used as the name for it to diferenciate it from the already existing cornbread dough) could be used to make enchiladas and tacos. enchiladas could be made by stuffing the masa with something else and then cooking them in the cooking pot. And tacos could be made by just placing the masa in the crafting box, making multiple tortillas, and then cooking them in a fire, maybe by adding a metal sheet above a campfire, then stuffing the tortilla with other food to make a taco.