Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

  • Announcements

    • Crysyn

      Only help if you can be helpful

      Hey All, A topic has come up of late in the IRC channel in regards to the general feel of the forums and the community that supports them. Things have progressed further than I would have liked with out this being addressed more publicly because I would much rather have snubbed this out sooner rather than later.. but I have been busy. Here is the general rule I would like people to follow: Wheaton's Law "Don't be a dick." Those of you from the IRC channel know that this is the only rule I ask people in there to follow and we generally have a good and lively time chatting about all manner of things. This is basic rule that just about everyone understands and I am going to expand it to the forums from here moving forward. If you can not help people in a helpful and polite manner then I simply ask you to stop. Now I generally take a back seat to moderating the forums as I like to participate in the suggestions forum fairly heavily at times and would rather do so as a forums user than a moderator. But I am also fairly well known for being the person who constantly puts their foot down and so I am stepping up and doing so on here. If you find yourself unable to respond to a message politely then I ask that you do not respond. This mostly focuses on the increasing level of hostility found within the Suggestion forum as well as the Server forum. I do not care if this is the 30th some odd time you have seen someone make the same suggestion. Or even if the new post on an older topic is one entry above the old one. I expect the members of this forum to respond politely to the user, new or old, and point to the older topic if it applies and even go the extra step to suggest they either add in new information or to summarize the outcome of the previous discussion based upon the new post's entry into it. That is what we are here for, that is why I close most topics instead of deleting them, so that they can be found and referenced down the road. The next topic is the slew of derailment attempts I have seen as of late. If you want to have fun and joke around that is what the off topic forum is for and pretty much anything goes there. I do not expect to read a suggestion thread and have to go through 3 pages of image memes people have shot back and forth. Quite simply this is a waste of my time to read and then have to clean up. Now for the summary. I am going to start taking a more active role, especially in policing the suggestion forum, and handing out warn levels to people whom I see doing this. These will be indiscriminate and applied not to just the first person who derails or is impolite on a topic or response, but to everyone whom follows the lead of that person. As I do not like doing things with out giving you all warning this post shall serve as that warning. If you have a desire to bring this topic up with me then I invite you to do so on the IRC channel. Lets raise the level of quality and grow the community. Let us not descend into the quality often found on the minecraft or league of legend forums. There is simply no need for that here. Be passionate about things, just do not be abusive.
    • Kittychanley

      Offline Servers

      Recently I've seen a few server listings showing up on the first page of the Servers forum that have been closed for an extended period of time, but have recently gotten a reply from a new member who didn't realize the server is offline. To help prevent this from happening in the future, it would be greatly appreciated if you could use the report function on the original post of any servers that have been confirmed as offline, so that the topic may be locked. If you are the admin of a server and plan on taking the server offline, please use the report function on the original post of your topic to let the TFC Staff know that the topic should be locked. If you are the admin of a server that has a locked topic, and would wish to bring the server back online, please use the report function on the original post of the topic to let the TFC Staff know that the topic should be unlocked. As always, please remember to follow rule #3 of the servers forum and update your topic title to contain the version of TFC that the server is currently running. You can do so by editing the OP, and then clicking on "Use Full Editor."
StrayWolfe

Cooking with TFC (WIP)

307 posts in this topic

I like the idea of this mod. Has any progress been made on it since November?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, ReignDance said:

I like the idea of this mod. Has any progress been made on it since November?

I'm glad you like it. I have not done anything since November on this project. I am taking a break to play games I enjoy in my spare time and regain the drive to continue working on this project. I usually cycle between gaming and programming: I do one until I get burnt out of it, then switch back to the other. I am almost tired of playing 7 Days to Die so I'll be getting back to work on this project soon.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds good. Thanks for the hard work on an interesting mod. Any idea what's to come in the next update?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This mod is very interesting and useful(I think)

I'm from China,It is CAN'T use github except somebody use VPN(Yes,I do),so I think it's too hard to download this mod in China

I want to upload to Chinese  online disk and make zh_CN.lang(you know,Chinese lang),I will update lang as fast as I can

Do you agree me?

and my English is very bad,I think.So if somewhere wrong,please tell me at last

Thank you for your mods

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OH,I forget something to ask:Would you like add Chinese food in your mod?

such as  Sour and spicy shredded potatoes , Mapo Tofu...

these are Delicious!I think.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/22/2016 at 3:20 PM, ReignDance said:

Sounds good. Thanks for the hard work on an interesting mod. Any idea what's to come in the next update?

Not really sure, it depends on how long it takes to write everything in and test it. However, I have come back to programming so it will be probably a week or two.

On 1/2/2017 at 9:14 PM, 0999312 said:

This mod is very interesting and useful(I think)

I'm from China,It is CAN'T use github except somebody use VPN(Yes,I do),so I think it's too hard to download this mod in China

I want to upload to Chinese  online disk and make zh_CN.lang(you know,Chinese lang),I will update lang as fast as I can

Do you agree me?

and my English is very bad,I think.So if somewhere wrong,please tell me at last

Thank you for your mods

 

On 1/2/2017 at 10:26 PM, 0999312 said:

OH,I forget something to ask:Would you like add Chinese food in your mod?

such as  Sour and spicy shredded potatoes , Mapo Tofu...

these are Delicious!I think.

If there are any other methods of downloading the mod for users, I would gladly take suggestions and look at making it available. As far as the zh_CN.lang file, the best method of updating it, unfortunately, is to make a push request on Github. I am sorry that I was unaware of Github being banned in China since it is a great resource, but I will do what I can to overcome it.

As far as foods, I am taking suggestions for foods but I cannot promise if it will be added. My first goal is to add the basic minecraft and TFC foods then start adding new ingredients and meals, including suggested meals like sour and spicy shredded potatoes and mapo tofu.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

On 2017年1月5日 at 11:03 AM, StrayWolfe said:

Not really sure, it depends on how long it takes to write everything in and test it. However, I have come back to programming so it will be probably a week or two.

 

If there are any other methods of downloading the mod for users, I would gladly take suggestions and look at making it available. As far as the zh_CN.lang file, the best method of updating it, unfortunately, is to make a push request on Github. I am sorry that I was unaware of Github being banned in China since it is a great resource, but I will do what I can to overcome it.

As far as foods, I am taking suggestions for foods but I cannot promise if it will be added. My first goal is to add the basic minecraft and TFC foods then start adding new ingredients and meals, including suggested meals like sour and spicy shredded potatoes and mapo tofu.

Thanks for your reply.

As Far as foods,you can finish them slowly.After all,the good mod is takes time to complete.

As far as methods of downloading,why don't you use curse?I think it's very useful.

And zh_CN.lang,I(or my friends) will update but slowly.Because you know,Github be banned in China.But I will do my best to solve this.

One last thing,I'm really not good at English.So if there is something wrong in grammar,please help me to point out the mistakes.

Thank you for your efforts so far.I will spread you efforts in China.You know,there is no addons for TFC.

Edited by 0999312
something forget,sorry
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For now, your English is pretty good. The main issue I'll address is that, in English, we usually add a space after punctuation to make it easier to read. So I'd look at our (often complicated) punctuation rules and maybe go back over some verb conjugation (big word for how we make verbs agree with objects). Otherwise, you're doing well and we can all understand you. :) Just gloss over your verbs and punctuation rules.

I guess to help make my point clear, I'll make an example from one of your sentences:

"After all,the good mod is takes time to complete." I understand what you are meaning. There are just some small rules that will help make this clearer. The first two words are fine - "After all," which continues into the rest of the sentence. The next part gets into some tricky territory - articles. Our articles are "a", "the", and "an" (there are others, but I'll stick to these for now). You used "the". "The" is helpful when talking about something specific - "the chicken", "the map", "the train". "A" and "an" are more useful for less specific things - "a ball", "a pen", "a mouse". In this case, you're talking about mods in general, so you would use "a". "A good mod". We continue into the next part. You have two verbs - "is" and "takes". We don't need "is" here if we have "takes". You can make this sentence two ways and mean the same thing - "A good mod takes time to complete" or "A good mod is time consuming." I'm going to assume you meant the first one, since it has the most words in common with your sentence. So, the correct version of your sentence "After all,the good mod is takes time to complete" would read as follows: "After all, a good mod takes time to complete." Note that I inserted a space after the comma in the middle of the sentence.

See? You really don't have much more to study. Just small things. And probably vocabulary. I say this because I'm studying a couple languages myself and can tell you the main thing holding me back right now is vocab. In Japanese, kanji is also hindering me. It's a slow process to learn them all. I think I recently passed number 300. 1,900 to go (out of 2200). French is much easier. Je parle francais tres bien. Je parle japonais mal. (thank you google translate for those adjectives).

[EDIT] I would also suggest going to lang-8.com. It's a great website where you can write sentences, paragraphs, and stories and have other people correct them for you. Some people explain more than others. I try to be one that explains the "why" behind everything because I know how frustrating it is to not understand "why". You can also correct sentences other people are trying to write in your language. Win-win!

Edited by Monarch_of_Gold
wanted to add another thought.
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Mathias Ademar said:

Hows the dev progress going?

I just updated the progress list on the first page.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was not aware that the raw meat icon on sandwiches was a bug. Huh. Oh well. They still look cook and can be kinda tasty. Trying to figure new ways to mess around with taste profiles. So far all I've managed are extra savory and extra sweet sandwiches (which sounds disgusting to IRL me). Completely forgot that I can boil seawater to get salt. Duhr. And the pumpkin thing sounds cool! I like the idea of slamming torches into a pumpkin's face to make it a jack-o-lantern. I also didn't realize the flux bug was from your mod. Really frustrating. Guess I'll have to wait before I start getting into some of the other stuff that requires sulfur. I'm assuming you're adding in pumpkin stuff for future pies and things? And all this time playing I never realized TFC doesn't have lettuce or celery. Huh.

Nice work!

 

[EDIT] So I looked at that food history time line you're using and looked at the old recipes for ice cream. I understand the process of making old-fashioned ice cream as I am a southerner, but the old recipes are still interesting to read. That'd be a very fun process to implement in TFC, though I'm not sure how many people it'd drive mad.

Edited by Monarch_of_Gold
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NEW UPDATE POSTED

So I've just added another update as proof that I'm still alive. This update includes:

New Crops: Pumpkin/Jack O' Lantern, Watermelon, Brown and Red Mushrooms, Celery and Lettuce

Prep Table can now hold items place on top of it

And several bug needed fixes

CHANGELOG

I have not added new recipes or cooking mechanics just a new crop system so I can start adding new foods. In the next update, I am looking toward introducing new trees for nuts, condensing the mod by removing old code and possibly ice cream.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I played some TFC today and tried to interact with some of the new features.

In my travels, I found some celery.

CvGg1q6.png

 

Looks nice! Can't wait to use it in my sandwiches!

And then I got caught up making some bismuth tools with an armload of sandwich stuff and remembered the table is supposed to store things. Great! I'll just go and take care of that and..... er...? It won't let me store things! How do you store them? I tried sneak-clicking on both halves of the table, removed the mixing bowl and tried doing that - nothing! Looked in NEI to see if maybe there was a new table, too. How do I store items in the table? *looks at the wiki* well, I also tried removing the knife from my hotbar and right-clicking and sneak-clicking and everything. I might try again later, but huh. Shouldn't require the wiki to figure out. I'll test it more later. For now I've got some IRL potato soup to make.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Monarch_of_Gold said:

So I played some TFC today and tried to interact with some of the new features.

In my travels, I found some celery.

CvGg1q6.png

 

Looks nice! Can't wait to use it in my sandwiches!

And then I got caught up making some bismuth tools with an armload of sandwich stuff and remembered the table is supposed to store things. Great! I'll just go and take care of that and..... er...? It won't let me store things! How do you store them? I tried sneak-clicking on both halves of the table, removed the mixing bowl and tried doing that - nothing! Looked in NEI to see if maybe there was a new table, too. How do I store items in the table? *looks at the wiki* well, I also tried removing the knife from my hotbar and right-clicking and sneak-clicking and everything. I might try again later, but huh. Shouldn't require the wiki to figure out. I'll test it more later. For now I've got some IRL potato soup to make.

I'm glad you like it. Just right-click the top of the table with anything that is not a block item, knife, bread, meat or bowl to create a storage area. Holding shift prevents the creation of a storage surface. Clicking the top of the table with a bread makes a sandwich, a bowl makes a salad and meat  starts meat salting so those items cannot be used to initiate storage. Knives attempt to create a food prep area, which is prevented from happening, so knives do not work for this function. You can store anything but blocks after the storage surfaces has been created by clicking on one of the four areas of the storage surface. Sorry for the confusion.

Edited by StrayWolfe
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep. Never fear. It works as described. I was just... ah.. making sure you knew what you were doing! ;)

I think I was just a bit too impatient to check that I was doing it correctly. I have another question though because I haven't tested it yet (currently on a beach making glass) - Does the mixing bowl have to be on the table to work or can it be on any surface? Also, can you move the clay oven or did everyone decide that was cheaty? If not, mine is now in a really inconvenient location (kinda tucked in a nook outside the castle - didn't think I was that close to building it when I made the oven... woops). How long until it breaks so I can make a new one in my kitchen space?

Oh! Right! I also wanted to ask if you'd done anything with taste profiles. I'm asking because it doesn't seem to matter what kind of sandwich I make, if I use wheat bread (haven't currently made any other bread but I'm considering it), the sandwich ends up being ridiculously sweet and ridiculously savory. I thought the sweet was from berries, so I omitted them from a sandwich - still sweet. Venison? Omitted it. Still savory. What can I do to change this? I wouldn't think a sandwich composed of green beans, onion, and I think celery would be considered sweet and savory.

Here are some pics of the aforementioned things:

 BW4V7vC.png

dwowYGE.png

k8RfXAM.png

 

Thanks again!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Monarch_of_Gold said:

Yep. Never fear. It works as described. I was just... ah.. making sure you knew what you were doing! ;)

I think I was just a bit too impatient to check that I was doing it correctly. I have another question though because I haven't tested it yet (currently on a beach making glass) - Does the mixing bowl have to be on the table to work or can it be on any surface? Also, can you move the clay oven or did everyone decide that was cheaty? If not, mine is now in a really inconvenient location (kinda tucked in a nook outside the castle - didn't think I was that close to building it when I made the oven... woops). How long until it breaks so I can make a new one in my kitchen space?

Oh! Right! I also wanted to ask if you'd done anything with taste profiles. I'm asking because it doesn't seem to matter what kind of sandwich I make, if I use wheat bread (haven't currently made any other bread but I'm considering it), the sandwich ends up being ridiculously sweet and ridiculously savory. I thought the sweet was from berries, so I omitted them from a sandwich - still sweet. Venison? Omitted it. Still savory. What can I do to change this? I wouldn't think a sandwich composed of green beans, onion, and I think celery would be considered sweet and savory.

Here are some pics of the aforementioned things:

 

  Reveal hidden contents

 BW4V7vC.png

dwowYGE.png

k8RfXAM.png

 

Thanks again!

 

I am glad you are enjoying the mod. To answer your questions:

The mixing bowl can be placed on any solid surface.

It seemed unrealistic to be able to "break" a clay oven to move it once the oven has hardened.

The oven by default can be lit 400 times then there is a 1% chance after that to break.

I'll look into the sandwich flavor mechanics and make sure they are working right.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Q n Q  Then I guess using it will just have to be inconvenient. Either that or I need to find a way to expand things by a few blocks to have better access to it. orz

And thanks for looking into that. I know it kind of depends on world seed and player, but, again, I find it constantly saying sweet and savory to be annoying.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry to double post but I just tried a salad and did something quite alarming.

I ate the bowl.

At first it's all "Wow! This is quite filling! I like this!" When I didn't get my bowl back I was questioning why it was so filling.

Did I just eat a ceramic bowl? I can't seem to find it in my inventory anywhere. :/

I'll look around more and let you know if I find it.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Monarch_of_Gold said:

Sorry to double post but I just tried a salad and did something quite alarming.

I ate the bowl.

At first it's all "Wow! This is quite filling! I like this!" When I didn't get my bowl back I was questioning why it was so filling.

Did I just eat a ceramic bowl? I can't seem to find it in my inventory anywhere. :/

I'll look around more and let you know if I find it.

By default, there is a 2% chance a bowl will break while eating and a sound of a bowl breaking is also played.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was no breaking sound. I'm partway through another salad. I'll tell you if I consume the bowl again. If I do, I'd say it's less likely that the bowl is breaking and more likely that it's being consumed. Breaking two bowls in a row when there's supposed to be a 2% chance seems a bit off. Why do you get more full from a salad when there's no grain and just 4 ingredients? Is there more of each thing going into a salad than a sandwich? I got tired of salad a lot faster, too. Nearly filled my hunger all the way just from one and filled myself well with just half of another one later. Seems a bit unrealistic to get full from a salad consisting of onion, celery, green beans, and bell pepper. I know celery takes more energy to digest, but I wouldn't think that'd make it more filling.

[EDIT] And yes, I consumed the second salad, bowl and all. No breaking sound. Don't think it's the 2% break chance since it happened twice in a row with no sound.

Edited by Monarch_of_Gold
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Monarch_of_Gold said:

There was no breaking sound. I'm partway through another salad. I'll tell you if I consume the bowl again. If I do, I'd say it's less likely that the bowl is breaking and more likely that it's being consumed. Breaking two bowls in a row when there's supposed to be a 2% chance seems a bit off. Why do you get more full from a salad when there's no grain and just 4 ingredients? Is there more of each thing going into a salad than a sandwich? I got tired of salad a lot faster, too. Nearly filled my hunger all the way just from one and filled myself well with just half of another one later. Seems a bit unrealistic to get full from a salad consisting of onion, celery, green beans, and bell pepper. I know celery takes more energy to digest, but I wouldn't think that'd make it more filling.

[EDIT] And yes, I consumed the second salad, bowl and all. No breaking sound. Don't think it's the 2% break chance since it happened twice in a row with no sound.

Good catch with the eating of the bowl. It looks like at some point since salads were added, I had forgot to add the code for bowl return. There is bowl return for everything else with a bowl but somehow I messed salads. 

Salads fill more than sandwiches because salads weigh 20 oz max and sandwiches weigh 10 oz. Each time you eat either type, you can consume a max of 10 oz per use so you will finish a sandwich before a salad. 

As for sandwiches, the flavor profiler is giving the same numbers for the same ingredients as the default TFC way of making sandwiches. I was able to make a sandwich that was sweet, sour, salty, bitter and savory granted I cheated in the foods so I avoided the rng factors for the foods to test the mechanics. I would suspect you have just had a limited variety of flavors for foods that are not matching your player flavor profile. Crops have a randomized flavor profile so I cannot tell you if an onion is sour or sweet, you will just need to look at each ingredients' flavor info in the tool tip before you use it to find those that better suit your preferences.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote
1 hour ago, StrayWolfe said:

Good catch with the eating of the bowl. It looks like at some point since salads were added, I had forgot to add the code for bowl return. There is bowl return for everything else with a bowl but somehow I messed salads. 

Salads fill more than sandwiches because salads weigh 20 oz max and sandwiches weigh 10 oz. Each time you eat either type, you can consume a max of 10 oz per use so you will finish a sandwich before a salad. 

As for sandwiches, the flavor profiler is giving the same numbers for the same ingredients as the default TFC way of making sandwiches. I was able to make a sandwich that was sweet, sour, salty, bitter and savory granted I cheated in the foods so I avoided the rng factors for the foods to test the mechanics. I would suspect you have just had a limited variety of flavors for foods that are not matching your player flavor profile. Crops have a randomized flavor profile so I cannot tell you if an onion is sour or sweet, you will just need to look at each ingredients' flavor info in the tool tip before you use it to find those that better suit your preferences.

 

 

 

Cool update and I appreciate the effort you're putting into the mod.

I would like to ask if the whole "crops have randomly generated tastes" thing will change in the future. Will crops have realistic taste profiles that match their real world counterparts.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would say his ability to mess with taste code is limited since it's hard-coded into the original mod (that is to say it's hard-coded into tfc itself).

And I guess I'll just avoid making any more salads for now.

Thank you!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, CALEBXD101 said:

Cool update and I appreciate the effort you're putting into the mod.

I would like to ask if the whole "crops have randomly generated tastes" thing will change in the future. Will crops have realistic taste profiles that match their real world counterparts.

There are ways to change hard-coded things like this but it is currently beyond my knowledge and there are potential problems that can arise from it. Peffern is using this technique to alter hard-coded TFC things in adding crop API support, but it is not something that is currently in the scope of this mod, maybe later.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

The game crashed whilst there was a severe problem during mod loading that has caused the game to fail
The game crashed whilst there was a severe problem during mod loading that has caused the game to fail
Error: cpw.mods.fml.common.LoaderException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: terramisc/core/TFCMBlocks

I got this error with the latest release off Cooking with TFC ? Any ideas how to solve it ?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now