Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Crysyn

Only help if you can be helpful

Hey All, A topic has come up of late in the IRC channel in regards to the general feel of the forums and the community that supports them. Things have progressed further than I would have liked with out this being addressed more publicly because I would much rather have snubbed this out sooner rather than later.. but I have been busy. Here is the general rule I would like people to follow: Wheaton's Law "Don't be a dick." Those of you from the IRC channel know that this is the only rule I ask people in there to follow and we generally have a good and lively time chatting about all manner of things. This is basic rule that just about everyone understands and I am going to expand it to the forums from here moving forward. If you can not help people in a helpful and polite manner then I simply ask you to stop. Now I generally take a back seat to moderating the forums as I like to participate in the suggestions forum fairly heavily at times and would rather do so as a forums user than a moderator. But I am also fairly well known for being the person who constantly puts their foot down and so I am stepping up and doing so on here. If you find yourself unable to respond to a message politely then I ask that you do not respond. This mostly focuses on the increasing level of hostility found within the Suggestion forum as well as the Server forum. I do not care if this is the 30th some odd time you have seen someone make the same suggestion. Or even if the new post on an older topic is one entry above the old one. I expect the members of this forum to respond politely to the user, new or old, and point to the older topic if it applies and even go the extra step to suggest they either add in new information or to summarize the outcome of the previous discussion based upon the new post's entry into it. That is what we are here for, that is why I close most topics instead of deleting them, so that they can be found and referenced down the road. The next topic is the slew of derailment attempts I have seen as of late. If you want to have fun and joke around that is what the off topic forum is for and pretty much anything goes there. I do not expect to read a suggestion thread and have to go through 3 pages of image memes people have shot back and forth. Quite simply this is a waste of my time to read and then have to clean up. Now for the summary. I am going to start taking a more active role, especially in policing the suggestion forum, and handing out warn levels to people whom I see doing this. These will be indiscriminate and applied not to just the first person who derails or is impolite on a topic or response, but to everyone whom follows the lead of that person. As I do not like doing things with out giving you all warning this post shall serve as that warning. If you have a desire to bring this topic up with me then I invite you to do so on the IRC channel. Lets raise the level of quality and grow the community. Let us not descend into the quality often found on the minecraft or league of legend forums. There is simply no need for that here. Be passionate about things, just do not be abusive.
    • Kittychanley

Offline Servers

Recently I've seen a few server listings showing up on the first page of the Servers forum that have been closed for an extended period of time, but have recently gotten a reply from a new member who didn't realize the server is offline. To help prevent this from happening in the future, it would be greatly appreciated if you could use the report function on the original post of any servers that have been confirmed as offline, so that the topic may be locked. If you are the admin of a server and plan on taking the server offline, please use the report function on the original post of your topic to let the TFC Staff know that the topic should be locked. If you are the admin of a server that has a locked topic, and would wish to bring the server back online, please use the report function on the original post of the topic to let the TFC Staff know that the topic should be unlocked. As always, please remember to follow rule #3 of the servers forum and update your topic title to contain the version of TFC that the server is currently running. You can do so by editing the OP, and then clicking on "Use Full Editor."
StrayWolfe

Cooking with TFC (WIP)

304 posts in this topic

Okay thanks so far this is my top addon mod I am looking foward to

Cooking with TFC addon became one of the 'hot' mods.

Finally

and btw will there be a beta release or will it go straight into the full version?

Edited by CALEBXD101

Any more work on this one?
We're loving it so far.
Makes farming a thing.

IKR this is one of my favourite if not my favourite.

Edited by CALEBXD101

Is it possible to add a block called a Stone Oven that could replace the Vanilla Furnace but would work like the campfire or forge for heating and cooking food, specifically the baking of bread?

I have plans on adding a brick oven for cooking bread in the future. I am also thinking about using this post as the source of alpha builds and once I see that the build is fairly stable I will release it as a stable build in the addon forum. I will post the "unstable" test builds here for people to play with if they want the latest builds. I will update the beta build post less often but they should be stable builds.

Thanks for all of the support and I am glad everyone likes the addon. I am currently working on adding some basic soups and stews for early game food. I will push the alpha after I am done and post it here. Then after I test it thoroughly, I will make a new official mod release post. 

Edited by JAWolfe

Yeah a bread oven would be realistic.

I appreciate all the hard work  you are putting in.

This mod addon has a lot of potential.

Has anyone tried making cheese?
My buddy says it doesn't work; he tried twice.

Sorry, I haven't posted how to make cheese yet. The recipe is slightly different from the standard TFC recipe. You will need to add 1 salt to every 1000 millibuckets of curdled milk.

Has there been any progression with this mod or is it dead

I'm still here and this mod is far from dead, just busy making other addons that will be released soon. I started helping with Terrafirmapunk and I let this mod fall behind, but I am coming back to it.

Just a quick question, for context I've been working on a few minor food related things. Whenever I create food to result from a recipe it reads as "Pickled Dried Salted" followed by the food name and has no weight to it, I've tried using the ItemFoodTFC.createTag thing to add the weight and everything to it. It still doesn't craft the food item correctly, but nei reads the recipe correctly. I'm using a shapeless recipe, and the item that is being used to craft the food item isn't food based so it wouldn't have that data on it.

This doesn't directly pertain to your addon but I'm curious if you've had similar issues.

4 hours ago, Powerman913717 said:

Just a quick question, for context I've been working on a few minor food related things. Whenever I create food to result from a recipe it reads as "Pickled Dried Salted" followed by the food name and has no weight to it, I've tried using the ItemFoodTFC.createTag thing to add the weight and everything to it. It still doesn't craft the food item correctly, but nei reads the recipe correctly. I'm using a shapeless recipe, and the item that is being used to craft the food item isn't food based so it wouldn't have that data on it.

This doesn't directly pertain to your addon but I'm curious if you've had similar issues.

OneWolfe had trouble with this in the Terrafirmapunk pack and I had similar trouble in with it in making this addon. It relates to how TFC handles food in the player crafting grid, take a look at the FoodCraftingHandler file in the Common.Handlers package and ContainerPlayerTFC file in the Common.Containers package. The player crafting grid will pass any crafting recipe that results in an output that inherits ItemFoodTFC on to the FoodHandler. Within the food handler, it calculates the output item based on the input items. Since you do not have any ItemFoodTFC as inputs the output weight will be 0. In addition, the salted, pickled, dried and brined variables are by default true until an input ItemFoodTFC sets it to false. Since you do not have any of these inputs, all of those variables end up being true when the output is formed. So you will end up with an item with 0 weight, 0 decay, salted, pickled, dried and brined.

Since the TFC crafting grid tends to be difficult to work with, I ended up having to make a way to work around it. So things like refining grains in my mod requires players to beat the grains from the picked item after it was placed on the ground. I also made a prep table to address making food with its own crafting interface just to work around the TFC prep table and crafting grid. For you, I would suggest looking at those files that I mentioned and finding a method that works for what you want to do.

4 hours ago, JAWolfe said:

OneWolfe had trouble with this in the Terrafirmapunk pack and I had similar trouble in with it in making this addon. It relates to how TFC handles food in the player crafting grid, take a look at the FoodCraftingHandler file in the Common.Handlers package and ContainerPlayerTFC file in the Common.Containers package. The player crafting grid will pass any crafting recipe that results in an output that inherits ItemFoodTFC on to the FoodHandler. Within the food handler, it calculates the output item based on the input items. Since you do not have any ItemFoodTFC as inputs the output weight will be 0. In addition, the salted, pickled, dried and brined variables are by default true until an input ItemFoodTFC sets it to false. Since you do not have any of these inputs, all of those variables end up being true when the output is formed. So you will end up with an item with 0 weight, 0 decay, salted, pickled, dried and brined.

Since the TFC crafting grid tends to be difficult to work with, I ended up having to make a way to work around it. So things like refining grains in my mod requires players to beat the grains from the picked item after it was placed on the ground. I also made a prep table to address making food with its own crafting interface just to work around the TFC prep table and crafting grid. For you, I would suggest looking at those files that I mentioned and finding a method that works for what you want to do.

Thanks for all of the information, that makes a lot of sense now. :D

I just installed this mod and loaded up an earlier world. I used to have a dog, now I have a dozen. And this happened to all other animals around there as well.

Not strictly related to this mod (maybe you are able to fix it withing your mod?), but why stick cannot be burned in firepit?

Firstly, there is plenty of rather unusable sticks in later stage of the game, secondly, sometimes you need just to add a little to finish cooking and whole log is too much.

9 hours ago, gskw said:

I just installed this mod and loaded up an earlier world. I used to have a dog, now I have a dozen. And this happened to all other animals around there as well.

Thanks for trying out the mod. I have seen something like this in the Terrafirmapunk pack where animals in the wild are getting pregnant, but we are unable to find the cause and this mod isn't even part of the pack. I'm guessing that you are referring to animals impregnating themselves?

5 hours ago, ciekma said:

Not strictly related to this mod (maybe you are able to fix it withing your mod?), but why stick cannot be burned in firepit?

Firstly, there is plenty of rather unusable sticks in later stage of the game, secondly, sometimes you need just to add a little to finish cooking and whole log is too much.

Fire pits and forges have a hard coded group of fuels that work in them. To change that, the code for these blocks would need to be rewritten.

2 hours ago, CALEBXD101 said:

Does anyone know when the next version will come.out?

I'll probably update it when I am done with making a cooking pot.

On 17.5.2016 at 3:14 AM, JAWolfe said:

I'm guessing that you are referring to animals impregnating themselves?

Actually, no. I'm sorry for being unclear. I meant that my animals had simply duplicated. Some animals like bears had only doubled, but the amount of dogs and cows had simply exploded. It wasn't pregnancy, since dogs should only have an offspring of 1-2.

The cooking pot is an early game item for boiling foods such as boiled chicken, boiled beef, boiled pork, broths, stews, etc.

Interesting maybe it could have some integration with hot springs. Btw how about some similarities with Ark survival evolve's cooking pot

Someone just suggested to me if I could add some way to make Soy Milk with the Soy Beans. I went ahead and used your MT methods for turning water into Milk for now. But its just not realistic enough since to normal method is to soak the beans for 12 hours, then grind them into a mash before once again mixing with water. I am also not sure the liquid should count as a Dairy for dietary needs, but thats a game balance decision.

There is also the possibility of Rice Milk as well but it would currently conflict with the Sake recipe. Maybe I could use Rice Dough instead :P