Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
StrayWolfe

Cooking with TFC (WIP)

313 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, drkoaeg said:

Could you please make your food prep tables accept also all non-food items to be placed in the gui? So they could be used as normal tables and would render all items you put on these tables.

I think I could add a feature to support that. Also, I've decided to stop using GUIs. I am now requiring block interactions to craft things. It is a little tricky to make, but it looks way cooler and it actually feels like you are crafting it and not just clicking buttons. For example:

To make a sandwich, you must first right-click the top of the table with bread in hand and a knife in your hot bar. This will place a slice of bread on top of the table where you clicked. After that, you can add between 0 and 4 ingredients to the inside of the sandwich by right-clicking the sandwich with the ingredient in hand and a knife in your hotbar. With each ingredient added, a layer of the sandwich is added with the icon of that item, or a box representation of the food group if fast graphics is enabled. To finish off the sandwich, place a second slice of bread on top by right-clicking the sandwich with a bread and you can use a different bread type than was used at the start. After that, you can shift right-click the sandwich off the table.

This actually works a lot like the TFC sandwich making method where is will accept all sorts of combinations, but it will actually go a little further with the variations.

1 hour ago, CALEBXD101 said:

I am pretty sure bibliocraft does that.

But my table has things that are placed where you click and not just the center of the table.

7 hours ago, Leo05 said:

may i use this in my modpack?

I would not suggest it at this point in development. Each update has the potential of causing serious problems. For example, an earlier release caused the duplication of animals every time a chunk was reloaded and in the next release any item left in the prep table before the update will be destroyed. Since it is in alpha, things are radically changing. I am currently in the process of rewriting my initial idea of food prep in exchange for a GUI-less system. I need people helping out by using this mod on a small scale and reporting bugs, which is why it is in alpha. But use of this mod on a large scale just means I will have a bunch of people reporting the same bug and people getting angry at the mod. When I feel that the mod is safe enough, I will put it in beta and then encourage it to be added to mod packs. 

I could help you with the testing if you want because I absolutely love this mod and I really want to help you :)

1 minute ago, Leo05 said:

I could help you with the testing if you want because I absolutely love this mod and I really want to help you :)

If you want to help, just download the mod, play it and report any bugs, exploits, etc . Just keep in mind that this is alpha and there are possibly bugs, exploits, etc. The point of this alpha post is to help find any bugs, establish the stability of the mod and get input from the community for new features. When I feel that the mod adds a good playing experience and is free of major bugs, I will make a post on the addons page of the beta release for people to use in modpacks.

Hi there! I was wondering if you could maybe add jams, jellies, and maybe even pies to the mod. My mom has been working on making jams and preserves this week and I was just thinking about how awesome it would be to be able to do that in TFC! All you would need is a pot, a cup of fruit, a cup of sugar, and a jar to put it in after it's done cooking. This would maybe make 2 cups of jam which could fit into the jar. You could then either put the jar down in the world sort of like how the pottery thing works or plop it on a bibliocraft shelf.

Thanks for the awesome addon!

Monarch

9 hours ago, Monarch_of_Gold said:

Hi there! I was wondering if you could maybe add jams, jellies, and maybe even pies to the mod. My mom has been working on making jams and preserves this week and I was just thinking about how awesome it would be to be able to do that in TFC! All you would need is a pot, a cup of fruit, a cup of sugar, and a jar to put it in after it's done cooking. This would maybe make 2 cups of jam which could fit into the jar. You could then either put the jar down in the world sort of like how the pottery thing works or plop it on a bibliocraft shelf.

Thanks for the awesome addon!

Monarch

Jams, jellies and pies will be part of the mod eventually. I am getting the basics of the mod working and balancing everything to make a beta release, which will mostly be replacing the default TFC food system. Once I get a beta released, I will start adding a bunch of new things which will include jams, jellies and pies.

Very nice work on the mod! It already feels pretty balanced.

I'm however noticing that picking up food with a full inventory seems to destroy it. I'm also noticing that sometimes accidentally crafting sandwiches destroys them, although I'm not sure in which conditions. The decay cutting keybind seems to be putting them into the crafting window and causing glitches.

1 hour ago, gskw said:

Very nice work on the mod! It already feels pretty balanced.

I'm however noticing that picking up food with a full inventory seems to destroy it. I'm also noticing that sometimes accidentally crafting sandwiches destroys them, although I'm not sure in which conditions. The decay cutting keybind seems to be putting them into the crafting window and causing glitches.

Thanks for reporting the bugs. In the next update, the means to crafting sandwiches has changed and has likely fix that bug. I have completely removed all GUIs which also changed a bunch of things. I also came across the key binding bugs and fixed those recently, which will be in the next update. I will check out the bug with picking up food. It is possible that it is destroying the item, I didn't think about adding a check to that. Keep up the great work and as always feel free to continue reporting any bugs or suggestions you might have.

thinkI getting the basics out of the way is  a brilliant idea. Good job with the add-on mate.

If I drop a food from my inventory and then I try to pick it up with my inventory full it doesn't destroy the food. But If I break a crop and then I try to pick his drop with my inventory full it destroys the food... Sorry for my bad english. I hope you  understand what I tried to say :)

5 hours ago, Leo05 said:

If I drop a food from my inventory and then I try to pick it up with my inventory full it doesn't destroy the food. But If I break a crop and then I try to pick his drop with my inventory full it destroys the food... Sorry for my bad english. I hope you  understand what I tried to say :)

Thanks for the bug report. gskw also reported this bug, so I looked into the problem. I found what was causing it and I have fixed it so this should not happen in the next update. I am currently in the process of doing my final testing of next update and I expect to be releasing it over the next day or so depending on how long it takes me to update the wiki and changelog.

NEW UPDATE POSTED

I am calling this update, GUI-less Cooking.  The means of cooking has completely changed with this update. No more GUIs for cooking. Now everything is made in the world by actually interacting with objects. You want to make a sandwich, slap down some bread on a table and start your sandwich. You want to make a salad, put a bowl on the table and start cutting the ingredients up. There are no GUIs and everything has some sort of indication in the world for the state what the object contains and what it is doing. All of this info will be found at the wiki when it is updated.  This update also includes a few bug fixes and a bunch of other tweaks.

CHANGELOG

As of writing this, I have yet to update the wiki so most of the information there will be out of date. I will be in the process of updating it. Just check the date on the page for when it was edited to determine if the info is current.

Edited by StrayWolfe

I have followed this tread closely. Am really excited about playing it in our server.

I just can't wait for it to be released . Thanks for all the work the mod looks wonderful.

50 minutes ago, TonyLiberatto said:

I have followed this tread closely. Am really excited about playing it in our server.

I just can't wait for it to be released . Thanks for all the work the mod looks wonderful.

If you have control over a server and are interested in providing feedback, I would love to have feedback from a server run. I test it on my local network server so it should be stable but there are occasionally things that I miss, mostly minor things like rendering, that will only be seen on servers. I try to test everything but there are so many different interactions that I simply cannot address all of them by myself. Feel free to use this on your server if you are interested.

Edited by StrayWolfe

If you think it is stable enough for me to test on the server I will do it.

I was waiting for the  official release. Minor bugs are not a main concern as we always have those with KCauldron.

I will get the mod and include on the modpack.

thank you very much.

I like the new update :) It is a little bit glitchy with fast graphics but with fancy graphics it works very well.

8 minutes ago, Leo05 said:

I like the new update :) It is a little bit glitchy with fast graphics but with fancy graphics it works very well.

Well that is odd? I tend to make pictures with fancy graphic but I usually run everything with fast graphics and I haven't noticed anything weird as far as graphics goes. What are you seeing that is unusual, maybe I can fix it?

When I make a sandwich and I put a tomato, onion, etc on it , it looks like a green slice.

That is intended. There is no way for me to render an item that will work as a slice in fast graphics. So the solution was to make square slices that represent the food group of the item. Vegetables are green boxes, meats are a sort of reddish brown, fruit is purple and dairy is whitish, based on the text color for each of the food group in the TFC tool tip.