Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Donjons

Clay multiple ingot mold

13 posts in this topic

Have you read, understood, and followed all of the rules listed in large text at the top of the suggestions forum?(Yes/No): yes
Answering "no" to the above question will result in your post being deleted.

Could we have multiple ingot clay molds? To speed up the process of making ingots.

707564.jpg

They could be made of multiple molds "stuck" together with wet clay. They would only accept one kind of molent metal (so you couldn't fill a multiple mold half with copper half with gold, etc), and maybe break a bit more easily than the regular molds?

I think I do think about this topic a bit. ;)

To further expand in this topic, I thought of a way to craft those clay molds. You will need four clay ingot molds joined together in the 3*3 crafting tab with use of four ingot molds and 1 clay in the middle.

It could take up a whole block of space inside a pit kiln and it could support about 400 units. Keep in mind that you could also spend the same amount of time filling 400 units in a mold as it would have been with a single 100 unit mold. 

Keep in mind that you could also spend the same amount of time filling 400 units in a mold as it would have been with a single 100 unit mold. 

Then what's the point of even having the mold in the first place? You'd literally be getting the exact same thing as what currently exists, at the expense of an extra piece of clay.

I think he's saying you'd fill the four-ingot mold in the time it would normally take to fill one.  I think that's the advantage. A bit too much I'd say.  For recipe I'd say four clay molds plus 5 pieces of clay, and it takes time to fill equivalent to two normal molds.  So you're filling twice as many molds for the time spent pouring.   That'd be my opinion.

Then what's the point of even having the mold in the first place? You'd literally be getting the exact same thing as what currently exists, at the expense of an extra piece of clay.

Erm... think about that: what if someone wanted to have a faster way to fill in ingot molds? It's like mass production of metals when you need a filling task really quickly!

And maybe you could leave it to fill while you go fill another big mold, and so on.

Erm... think about that: what if someone wanted to have a faster way to fill in ingot molds? It's like mass production of metals when you need a filling task really quickly!

The way I understood it, he was saying that it will take the same amount of time to fill the bigger molds as it would have to fill all of the individual molds. If that is the case, it is not a faster way, it's the exact same amount of time.

Keep in mind that you could also spend the same amount of time filling 400 units in a mold as it would have been with a single 100 unit mold. 

This says that the 400-unit 'mega-ingot' would take the same time as a single 100-unit 'normal' ingot to fill...

I'm not really in favour of this - despite finding ingot casting a bit time consuming.

This says that the 400-unit 'mega-ingot' would take the same time as a single 100-unit 'normal' ingot to fill...

I'm not really in favour of this - despite finding ingot casting a bit time consuming.

To be sure, it's actually filling a mold for four ingots at the same time as it would have taken to fill an individual mold. It's not a mega-ingot mold. Look back at the first post on this topic.

The way I understood it, he was saying that it will take the same amount of time to fill the bigger molds as it would have to fill all of the individual molds. If that is the case, it is not a faster way, it's the exact same amount of time.

Ok. Let me explain you. The way I think of it in my mind is filling all four molds at the same time. I have also thought of using a four-ingot-mold funnel to prepare this task that will only take 5 clay. I instead have also though of a dual-ingot mold that fills two ingots on a mold at the same time.

Those two dual-ingot molds can be welded by using a clay item in the middle and two dual-ingot molds at the sides.

Apologiies - I used the term 'mega-ingot' when I meant 'mega-mold', and 'normal ingot' where I meant 'normal mold'...

Why have molds that can cast multiple ingots, why not just add metal casts that can be reused. Pouring the metal from the crucible would save a lot of hassle.