Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Cakey

Ruins

5 posts in this topic

Have you read, understood, and followed all of the rules listed in large text at the top of the suggestions forum?(Yes/No): Yes
Answering "no" to the above question will result in your post being deleted.

Hi,

I am a big fan of Terrafrimacraft and beside some things I complained about I really liked it. I wanted to know If there is any chance to make original structures in TFC2? Some ruins after wild tribes living there before or something. What do you think about those things? I think it would make long distance trips a lot more interesting. It could be just something simple but extra structures were always loved by people and I think It would be great Idea. :)

It would be great to go exploring and find like an abandoned camp. But the question is what to do next. Would there be like loot, and artifacts to collect, and what other function would thos ruins do. (Sorry for the grammar)

I'm thinking of ruins like in Civilization V - they provide you with either money, units, tech, (or sometimes even a new settlement I think?).
Artefacts would be very nice :)

I thought just about interesting spots on map. Just looking good. I thought that as a souvenir there could be some rare stones like flux or salt or just things that you really could use but they requiers a lot of work and time to make. I just wanted the "evidence" that someone lived there. Ruined hut with some old orchard or old, small mine with some ores in there, maybe some wild chickens. It would be cool if there would be something like sonehenge or sacred groves!

Chunkhunter. I think it wouldn't work very well on TFC. Since it is about survival I would maybe suggest something with technology like furnance but it is the most that I would put in there. Mostly becouse if it would too good it would be very very rare and I don't like idea of going through the whole world to find something interesting like it sometimed happend in TFC1.

This is an island mod. So taking inspiration from the last island game I played, Tome Raider, if there were to be ruins I would pick something like those listed below, the suggestions are preceded with a rarity of it showing up in an island (suggested).

• (1/10) The remains of a ship wreckage slightly out from shore caught on some rocks or is part of the reef. Some rotting wood, broken timbers, cloth scraps, a barrel of booze mostly empty, greenish bones, a chest with sand in it, and as rare loot, if you dig under the sand of the wreckage, which would be underwater, you could find the occasional precious metal piece (1/100 of a bar), a maybe a knife of appropriate material for the island, a gem or two, and maybe some remains of a sea creature that can only be found on these wreckage.
  • (1/5) The skeleton of someone washed ashore and didn't survive the island. (1/100) of these would have a map that would lead to a buried treasure which could have 1 item the person considered precious.
  • (1/20) A shrine decorated with bones, bits of wood, with a carved stone altar. (1/4) of the shrines would have some sort of trap. (1/10) of the shrines would have a silver knife or some other such ceremonial object. (4/5) of those with the ceremonial object would have an active hostile tribe.
  • (1/20) with an outline of a small building in rubble with (1/3) of those would be a broken down blacksmith that has some flux, charcoal, and a (1/3) chance of having a worn metal hammer appropriate for the island in a chest. Some could have a pot with seeds in it. Some times the loot could be buried and other times not. Some of them could have a broken down animal pen nearby (no animals). Occasionally a barrel of fresh rain water or an empty one turned on it's side.

Each ruin should be rare enough that we are excited when we find it, and have the occasional treat that is good enough for us to want to explore it. You could have some of the ruins spawn on islands of any level, have some only spawn on islands of a certain level. Some could have items you can only find in those ruins which makes people search for them. Say schematics that are needed to progress and become valuable trading items, or special items needed for specific enhancements. Maybe the altars could be made from some material that no one knows how to make and can't be moved and are needed for certain ceremonies.