Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
MushroomStew

Ore blocks to drop rocks along with the ore

8 posts in this topic

Have you read, understood, and followed all of the rules listed in large text at the top of the suggestions forum?(Yes/No): Yes
Answering "no" to the above question will result in your post being deleted.

Less than a raw stone block, no particular reason, I just feel like it would be a cool little detail. For believability porpuses?

The biggest problem with this is inventory management. TFC1 didn't even have a really complex inventory management system, and the ore blocks didn't drop any rocks, but you would still constantly see players throwing rocks out of their inventory while mining to make room for more ore.

When a player is mining ore, they obviously want the ore and will want to be able to transport it. Unnecessary rocks bogging down your inventory is just going add in the extra tedium of having to throw them out.

What about mouse clicks to pick up the items you do want from the ground? It's extra work, but maybe the Minecraft vacuum cleaner system was a bit strange to begin with.

Unnecessary rocks bogging down your inventory is just going add in the extra tedium of having to throw them out.

No stone unstored is my policy, crafting cobblestone and filling vessels. But yeah, its unnecesary.

The only way I see this to be believable would be if the player had to crush the ores to separate from the rocks, it makes sense from the point of what happens in real life when you mine for ores.

The main problem I see with this is that even though it is realistic it would mean adding one more step in ore processing. Some players would like, but others would view as grinding.

What about mouse clicks to pick up the items you do want from the ground? It's extra work, but maybe the Minecraft vacuum cleaner system was a bit strange to begin with.

That doesn't change anything. Now instead of taking the time to throw out the rocks you've picked up, you have to take the time to carefully only pick up the ore pieces. Either way you've got items that were spawned for basically no reasons that the majority of players will leave to despawn.

That doesn't change anything. Now instead of taking the time to throw out the rocks you've picked up, you have to take the time to carefully only pick up the ore pieces. Either way you've got items that were spawned for basically no reasons that the majority of players will leave to despawn.

Hm. Yeah, I see that. Trading one thing for the other like that makes little difference. And it would certainly not warrant coding a whole new ore picking up thingy.

Oh well, was just a little thing that occurred to me. I should probably refrain from commenting until I at least manage to play TFC anyway. :rolleyes:

Edited by Tricky

What if instead of harvesting ores we would get the full block? Then we could get those blocks back to base where they would be crushed, washed and separated from the debris.