Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Shirolol

Will any non-crash bugs be fixed on this one?[Ignore this, I am stupid]

8 posts in this topic

I really like TFC, but currently I would classify it almost as "broken mess" because the amount of bugs,

even near game-breaking ones is pretty stunning and TFC2 will not be released in the near future and when it will be released it will probably be even buggier.

Edited by Shirolol

Be more specific mate. If TFC was a "broken mess", it would still be under development...

If bugs are reported they are fixed. If they can't be fixed they are listed in the official bug list with explanation of why they can't be fixed. There are 3 known bugs in the current version that justify a build 29  however Kitty is finishing up her final semester of university and preparing to move for her new job and so doesn't have time at the moment to push that update.

If you know of such a huge near game breaking bugs then report them. You can't be bothered to properly report bugs and instead post this rude troll of a post. 

It doesn't seem very finished, though.

My post was made out of substantial annoyance. Actually caused by a feature, which I thought was a severe bug. So really sorry. That was my fault.

I'll do at least something productive and

1. Clarify I actually THOUGHT Kitty said no more TFC updates unless a crash occured.

2. Richt-clicking a pickable item with a placable item seems to destroy the placable item.

3. Breaking a ripe crop with too low light level seems to destroy the crop without yielding any seeds.

Should I test these two a bit more and make a topic?

I'm sorry, Kitty, please don't eat me.

Edited by Shirolol

2. If you mean that the block is placed and then vanishes. This is visual and a MC thing. The item will appear to be used, but will reappear in inventory once it updates. 

3. Never seen this behaviour nor had it reported from our users. You'll need to better describe how to reproduce this issue. 

2. I experienced it many times in survival and had it with large stacks of items. They update fairly little, so I didn't notice it was just visual. v_v

3. Harvesting an onion at night failed for some reason.... explanation would be it was not ripe, but I'm sure I saw yellow... but that was before I have been using this forum...which was in the current version but a world that is long gone.

I just really created the most pointless thread on the entire site I think...

Now I could mention the spinning zombies in rivers, pretty sure that doesn't happen in vanilla, but I guess everyone knows about that one and if it could be fixed it likely would have been fixed.

Spinning zombies is vanilla. If the mob isn't path finding to a player it behaves like that. The mob AI does not deal well with water or partial blocks. Get a mob on a fence and you'll see it on full display. 

The members of the forum and the devs are quite willing to clarify things or answer questions when asked in a polite way.  Disrespectful behaviour is either responded in kind or just ignored. This is a free mod made and maintained in the devs free time. They have real lives and other commitments. 

They were in a river trying to reach me, most mobs seem to be affected, but bears move out of that situation much faster than zombies it seems. I will be testing that...

Edit:

Okay, I THOROUGHLY tested it and it's the water.

Zombies and I therefore assume most mobs move through water very quickly, while in TFC water they frequently stop and spin madly for a few seconds.

Edited by Shirolol