Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Darmo

Wolverine *FINAL*

5 posts in this topic

Took a shot at a wolverine.  He has a sloped body box and stationary haunches, like the rat and racoon.  The model is about 2 meters long from nose to tip of tail, so it'd need to be scaled down to 50-60%.   They have a wide head and I thought this was about as small as I could make it for the eye spacing.  The snout probably would have been more correctly proportioned if it was only 2 wide, but I didn't love how that looked with the jaw, and I thought the jaw was kind of important to looking fierce-ish.  I could definitely be persuaded to a different facial arrangement though.    I made his legs really thick so they looked real stout.  I debated adding separate paws, since wolverines do have significant ones, but ultimately decided that as a smaller animal it might be best to stick with single block legs.  But again, I'm open to suggestion there.  The texture looks lighter in the screen cap than it will in game, I think.   Let me know what you guys think.

WolverineScreenCap.jpg

WolverineMCMCv1.MCModel

WolverineTexture.png

Edited by Darmo

One thing I wonder about on this model is the jaw. Is it intentional to have it solely under the head? Something about it seemed a little off to me. If there was no space between the jaw and the neck, the model might look a little better. See the picture below. My version that I sent here would need more work but it is a step in the right direction IMO.

Wolverine Jaw.png

WolverineMCMCv2.MCModel

I'd rather remove the jaw entirely or extend the neck or head box down, vs adding an entirely new box just to sit behind the jaw.  Remember that on such a small animal, the player isn't going to get a good look at what's under the head except for when they kill it. 

The attached pic shows a version with the jaw moved .5 higher and also rotated so the back end is further up in the head.  Still makes it a little visible from a player perspective.  Then, with the neck and head extended downward so the jaw has something behind.  And the last version has no jaw, for comparison.  To me the expanded head and neck exacerbate the problem of not looking as sleek as it should - already a problem at the scale I was going for.  It looks more bear-like to me.

WolvyJaw.jpg

I like the second version in the line from left to right the best. It still keeps the general idea of the jaw below the snout. The angle makes it seem more natural to me and fit better.