Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
ciekma

modpack WIP [TFC-0.79.29] TerraFirmaProgressivePack

279 posts in this topic

So the recipes have changed to include jute as a substitute? Sounds perfect to me.

Cheers

Edited by Anquieta

Well dangit, I'm working on something very similar for personal use on a private server. I think the other packs add TOO much to be honest. Why have 120 mods when you only want to use a tenth of them? Your list pretty much matches my own with few exceptions.

Mind if I pick your brain about a few issues I'm having in a PM?

I saw you had Rail of War as something you want to add. I've looked at it a number of times, but apart from cool transportation it doesn't seem that useful. It looked like that automation addon isn't going to be updated anymore either...so I thought I'd point out that Traincraft has (finally!) been updated...in case you wanted to add that ;) All it's rolling stock is usable to transport items and liquids for the most part.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/2738593-traincraft

Of course, RoW is a pending candidate to add, I mentioned it few post above, but it is still unstable and have some issues to work around.

Currently I'm busy with integration my modpack with IC2 mod and IC2 addon 'IHL tools and machines', which bring advanced chemistry needed for modern tools/materials and extra ores processing.

I'm also reworking recipes because I added some new items, for example construction  beams instead of ordinary ingots.

Meanwhile I'm testing it on my private server before official release.

On 11/22/2016 at 2:16 PM, ciekma said:

Of course, RoW is a pending candidate to add, I mentioned it few post above, but it is still unstable and have some issues to work around.

I may have mentioned this before on a diffrent thread to you, but if I didn't, take a look at Traincraft. It's finally been updated to 1.7.10. It's been taken over by a new development team. Currently there's an issue with trains climbing slopes at high world heights (aka sea level in TFC) that I discovered, but the devs are looking into it. Otherwise everything I've tested on it works fine.

On 2.12.2016 at 6:14 PM, vladthemad said:

I may have mentioned this before on a diffrent thread to you, but if I didn't, take a look at Traincraft. It's finally been updated to 1.7.10.

Nice to know, that this mod is revived.

But honestly, I see not much value added - there are curved track and plethora of rolling stock, but all track and cars looks like 'Garten Bahn' toys, whereas RoW are perfectly scaled to the players size:

3trains.jpg

3trains2.jpg

Additionally I found some bugs - there were 'ghosts' blocking placement at the end of the track, game crashes after breaking tender with hand, some clipping issues.

On the other hand, RoW have also some issues, especially in case of TFC, 'track hologram' is not visible and therefore curved track placement is very hard to perform.

Meanwhile I will stick with Railcraft, which is mandatory due to many resources and machines integrated into the modpack.

BTW, new version will be available soon, I need to finish uranium, yttrium and neodymium processing path.

On 2016-12-03 at 2:33 PM, ciekma said:

Nice to know, that this mod is revived.

But honestly, I see not much value added - there are curved track and plethora of rolling stock, but all track and cars looks like 'Garten Bahn' toys, whereas RoW are perfectly scaled to the players size:

<Picture Snip>

Additionally I found some bugs - there were 'ghosts' blocking placement at the end of the track, game crashes after breaking tender with hand, some clipping issues.

On the other hand, RoW have also some issues, especially in case of TFC, 'track hologram' is not visible and therefore curved track placement is very hard to perform.

Meanwhile I will stick with Railcraft, which is mandatory due to many resources and machines integrated into the modpack.

BTW, new version will be available soon, I need to finish uranium, yttrium and neodymium processing path.

I just wanted to point Traincraft out, as I thought it might be something you were interested in. I do agree, RoW is prettier, but I haven't found any way to use the rolling stock to transport supplies. It's just a player transport system. At least the last time I checked anyway. Don't get me wrong, it's dang pretty! It just didn't seem to serve a purpose other than eye candy. A horse can do what the RoW does, move a player from point A to point B.

Traincraft rolling stock is the size it is due to it originating as something to be used with Railcraft, and I agree I wish it was better proportioned. Of course vanilla boats and minecarts aren't much better! Basically they made it small so it would run in your standard minecart tunnel without having to widen it. Traincraft rolling stock even runs on vanilla and railcraft rails. Heck, it didn't even get it's own rails until recently, Railcraft used to be dang near mandatory to use it. Just about all the cars actually allow you to put stuff inside them based on what the car is made for. Log cars hold logs, tank cars hold fluids, etc. They change appearance too based on if they are loaded or not usually. So you could use it to transport of supplies. I haven't seen RoW doing that, yet. That's why I'm leaning towards Traincraft over RoW right meow, because it can haul more than just players. RoW has also been paaaainfully slow to update.

I hadn't run into the 'ghost' issue, unless you mean not being able to place it due to tall grass or plants. It won't break them. You weren't using railcraft while testing it were you? Railcraft adds an invisible block that is supposed to act the same as air, that you can use their fancy pants goggles to track people with. Basically as you walk around it places an invisible block every few steps. I've had numerous issues with those. Often mods see them as solid blocks and won't let you place blocks/tracks/whatever if they are in the way. Of course because they are invisible you can't see them, and because they act like air you can't break them, so you can imagine how much of a pain they can be. There was random spots all over your base you simply couldn't place a block down. This caused me a massive amount of frustration until I figured out what was causing the issue. Of course because of this and a few other reasons I tend to not install Railcraft.

Railcraft is definitely more useful than both the others. Sadly, it's all about minecarts and functionality. There's nothing sexy like a giant steam locomotive! Just what amounts to little more than a cart tug. Traincraft adds fancier looking cart tugs, and fancier looking carts, and a little automation. RoW adds beautiful player transports. It's all down to individual taste :)

This 'ghost issue' (block cannot be placed) is not related with Railcraft IR trace (checked with trackam googles).

You are right, that in current state of art, RoW cannot be used for freight transport. Quarry tub can transport blocks, but graphically is compatible only with minecraft blocks, and of course is useless for TFC itemized ores. There was RoWAM addon, which allow to load animals in freight cars or liquids in tank cars, but unfortunately is discontinued.

Edited by ciekma

New version 0.7 is about to be released. I strongly recommend to backup your worlds before update, some items can be lost, and animals will be very young (I changed year length to 360 days to make game more challenging, you can revert it to default if you wish, by editing TFCconfig.cfg file).

There are some huge changes, because I tried to overcome common problem with most of advanced mods: dull receipts with ingots in 3x3 crafting grid.

It is especially obtrusive in case of post-TFC mods, when difficulty curve is abruptly flattened or even drop down. Some mods attempts to overcome 3x3 simplicity by using nested recipes, but is is rather tedious at larger scale.

Therefore, I implemented following approaches in version 0.7 of TFPP:

1.  most of crafting recipes are changed from ingots or nuggets to constructing parts such flat, L, C, T or H beams, rods, rivets, nails, screws etc. These parts can be forged, or if your technology progression is sufficient, rolled/poured to cast. Advanced devices need M10 screws/bolts, these require iron workbench and electric muffle furnace to produce, see below.
  2. Thanks to the awesome IHL mod (addon for IC2 mod), some advanced crafting recipes need iron workbench. Now there are 2 important steps, from 2x2 to 3x3 grid in beginning of the game, and from 3x3 to multiple slots iron workbench, which can be later upgraded by hand tools, electric machines or acetylene solder machine. Unlike some other mods, which offer advanced workbench with huge crafting grid, IHL workbench is much more convenient, because it doesn't require user to memorise crafting pattern - it have multiple output slots - therefore it works in shapeless mode and accept any surplus of other materials/tools. Please refer to images section in initial post to see how it works, or http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Mods/IHL_Tools_%26_Machines

I created WIKI, where most important crafting changes are mentioned, and prepared simplified progression chart: https://github.com/McZapkie/TerraFirmaProgressivePack/blob/master/doc/progressionchart.pdf and some selected precessing chains: https://github.com/McZapkie/TerraFirmaProgressivePack/blob/master/doc/processingpaths.pdf

It is also worth to mention, that many new ores/minerals/rock types are now generated: apatite, bauxite, bischofite, chromite, datolite, gyubnera, feldspar,stibnite, trona, peridotite, pegmatite, pyrolusite, salmiac, spodumene, fluorite, xenotime, monazite, crude oil, prismarine. If you are upgrading your existing world, you need to discover new chunks to have these new ores spawned.

Some of them are spawned by normal TFC spawner, some have alternative spawning places, for example lake beds, hydrothermal veins etc, all this and prospecting methods are explained in WIKI: https://github.com/McZapkie/TerraFirmaProgressivePack/blob/master/doc/ores.pdf

Cinnabar and Cryolite are no longer source of redstone, but mercury and fluor, redstone can be obtained by grunding some red gems, or artificially from Yttrium Alumina Garnet premix, using Acheson furnace.

Another important notes: some bottlenecks are removed, you can treat raw hide not only with limewater, but also with base liquor created from ashes. Lime dust can be found also near river bed. On the other side, barrel crafting is harder, you need 6 planks and 2 barrel hoops. This is for sake of game balance, barrels are much more powerful than chest, can be used for transporting items, can do various chemistry processing, etc.

Bed is harder to obtain, you need both wool and silk. Surface monsters are usually neutral, not counting weekly raids, so bed is a luxury supplement.

Currently I'm extensively testing this modpack with survival mode, some report will be posted later.

Edited by ciekma

You should add this to FTB so that it's easier to install.

2 hours ago, Nyokhs said:

You should add this to FTB so that it's easier to install.

Honestly, I have no idea, how to manage with all these modpack launchers. Where I can find comprehensive tutorial?

BTW, version 0.71 is released, some recipes are tweaked and Antique Atlas mod is added (together with its TFC recipes) , because it is very useful mod for multiplayer (you can share maps and waypoints).

On 2/18/2017 at 6:51 PM, ciekma said:

Honestly, I have no idea, how to manage with all these modpack launchers. Where I can find comprehensive tutorial?

BTW, version 0.71 is released, some recipes are tweaked and Antique Atlas mod is added (together with its TFC recipes) , because it is very useful mod for multiplayer (you can share maps and waypoints).

I'm not very experienced with that subject, But I can direct you to some potentially helpful links. Also the reason I suggested using FTB is because it makes it more attractive to download as it makes it easier for lazy people.

https://minecraft.curseforge.com/forums/general/general-discussion/924-how-do-i-upload-my-modpack-to-curse

https://www.reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/comments/2yh1rf/how_to_create_a_ftb_modpack/

Thanks Nyokhs for links, I will try to learn about, but currently this project is in a WIP  state, I'm testing it and searching for bugs, and therefore it is better to keep lazy peoples apart :)

Blog from the test run will be published here:

I have a problem.

I was playing on my multiplayer survival server with your modpack and I tried to make a boat using the cuchaz ships.  When i went to place the tiny ship block and opened it's gui, it didn't detect the ship.

I tried going in creative to see if the issue was that it didn't detect the tfc block or if maybe i placed incorrectly but nothing worked. Maybe it's a glitch in your modpack but idk just highlighting this error out

2017-02-27_14.19.02.png

You cannot use TFC planks nor TFC chest,  I blocked it intentionally.

The reason is, that chiseled planks are corrupting ship, and attempt to open TFC chest/barrel would crash client.

You can use only vanilla chest (need at least black steel level) and animal crates for transport items by ship.

Which version of modpack are you using?

The latest versions allow to use following wood blocks with positive buoyancy:

• vanilla planks and logs (treat TFC planks and logs in olive oil)
  • IE creozote or olive impregnated planks
  • IC2 rubber wood logs
  • pile of TFC logs
  • thatch blocks

Thatch block and pile logs placement is tricky, because you cannot place it in water - you need first make platform from ordinary planks, put pile logs or straw blocks and remove platform.

Here is example,

raft1.png

temporary wooden platform;

raft2.png

straw blocks on platform;

raft3.png

raft ready to launch.

A simplest raft can be made only from ship block and thatch blocks, but it is hard to stay on board without any protection, use fences or something solid.

Rubber trees are growing everywhere, but you need to discover new lands to spawn them if you started server before version 0.7x.

Edited by ciekma

ok thanks for the Info, I was kinda lost there!

32 minutes ago, Nyokhs said:

ok thanks for the Info, I was kinda lost there!

Well, it was not clearly stated at the first page, which blocks are accepted, thanks for pointing it out, I added ship assembly explanation to the wiki page.

Ps.  I would be grateful for every notes and questions, some things are obvious for creator but not clear for others.

Ps.2. Important note for all server holders or ssp players. If you suffer some lags during discovering new lands, I recommend to change config/TFC-Tweaks.cfg autopregen setting to true and autopregen size to amount which is feasible for your disk space. It would pregenerate all chunks in given range once, instead of generating them on demand. By default I'm keeping this feature off to avoid questions 'why TFC is stalled', because this pregeneration tooks lot of time (but once is ready, it would speed up play unless somebody goes out of pregen range).

Edited by ciekma

I went to test your modpack today, downloading it through the link on the first page. But when I start the forge, it notifies me that the "tfcmetals: any" mod is missing.

I researched it, but I did not find it. Can you give me a support

Edited by Wesley Balestrini

23 hours ago, Wesley Balestrini said:

I went to test your modpack today, downloading it through the link on the first page. But when I start the forge, it notifies me that the "tfcmetals: any" mod is missing.

I researched it, but I did not find it. Can you give me a support

It is corrected in latest 0.77 version. Or you can download missing mod from this page:  https://github.com/Peffern/Mod-Jars

EDIT: version 0.78 is available. gaseous ammonia was removed because was duplicated by new version of ihl mod, new method of filling transfer ladle via metal caster.

Edited by ciekma
v.078

I am going to guess that this modpack isn't on any of the sites which host modpacks......I am scared to even mention their names. I suppose the manual install is a good right of passage so only the worthy get to try your modpack.

2 hours ago, Bbushh said:

I am going to guess that this modpack isn't on any of the sites which host modpacks......I am scared to even mention their names. I suppose the manual install is a good right of passage so only the worthy get to try your modpack.

You mean these modpack launchers? My modpack is not supported yet, you need to insert its contents into .minecraft folder manually.

On 09/03/2017 at 4:59 AM, ciekma said:

It is corrected in latest 0.77 version. Or you can download missing mod from this page:  https://github.com/Peffern/Mod-Jars

EDIT: version 0.78 is available. gaseous ammonia was removed because was duplicated by new version of ihl mod, new method of filling transfer ladle via metal caster.

Thank you for your help!

Just one more request: Could you add the mods "carpenter's blocks" and "chisel 2"? As your modpack progresses for technical use, these two requested mods add interesting decorative possibilities to the theme (like yellow bands, panels, etc.).

Note: My text may contain errors because I use google tranlate;)

10 hours ago, Wesley Balestrini said:

Just one more request: Could you add the mods "carpenter's blocks" and "chisel 2"?

I'm trying to keep number of mods relatively low, because this modpack is intended to use for multiplayer server and should be not so much resource hungry.

Therefore chisel 2 is not considered to include, there are already chiseled blocks in TFC.

But carpenters blocks mod is worth to consider, because I plan to include Traincraft or Rails of War mod (still both are not stable at this moment, so I need to wait), whenever train mod would be included, both are 'smooth', have diagonal tracks, therefore require less 'cubic' blocks to use with.

3 hours ago, ciekma said:

Eu estou tentando manter o número de mods relativamente baixo, porque este modpack é destinado a usar para o servidor multiplayer e não deve ser tanto fome de recursos.

Portanto, o cinzel 2 não é considerado como incluindo, já há blocos cinzelados em TFC.

Mas os carpinteiros mod blocos vale a pena considerar, porque eu pretendo incluir Traincraft ou Rails of War mod (ainda não são estáveis neste momento, então eu preciso esperar), sempre que trem mod seriam incluídos, ambos são "suave" Têm faixas diagonais, portanto, requerem menos blocos 'cúbicos' para usar com.

Okay then

New version 0.90 is available: I removed Peter mod (because it causes forge problems) and added Carpenters Mod. Carpenters blocks require ,impregnated wood, except slope block which have alternative recipe for those, who want to make simply shed but are not yet advanced to get creosote or olive oil.

PS. for those familiar with git-hub,  I recommend to stay in touch with my modpack using this system for version control.