Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
ciekma

modpack WIP [TFC-0.79.29] TerraFirmaProgressivePack

279 posts in this topic

There is I:simSpeedNoPlayers in TFCConfig.cfg, maybe this is an issue, try to switch it off. But I didn't touch it, it is default Terrafirmacraft value.

Apparently there really are problems with this parameter. Made a value of 0 and time does not roll back, but it goes as if the players on the server are present. Any value above 0 results in a rollback of the time back. It's better real time without players than constant time kickbacks. Thank you very much for your advice.

By the way, there is another parameter, I:yearLength, which is set to 360 in this modpack, in contrary to default 96. Maybe this parameter and above one doesn't mix.

There are servers with long year and with time not stopped without clients connected, and from what I know, they works fine. It is even better to have longer year but time constantly passing, you can then estimate when crops are ready and hop on to gather, or when winter passed and seed.

The course of time without players is even better.

This will be an issue caused by a TFC add-on, not TFC. As TooMuchTime-TFC is our implementation of dmillers TooMuchTime I know it isn't to blame. This seems to be a common problem for TFC addons as they copy or call TFC code that results in the time going backwards with the time slowdown. Basically TFC keeps rolling back the tick the number of times you have set in the config before it lets that tick happen. So at 100 it will roll back 99 times before letting the tick to remain. For whatever reason some addons make it so it rolls back the tick 2x instead of just once. Meaning that time runs backwards when no one is online.  No matter what value you give this config if it is greater than 0 time will go backwards.

EDIT: The add-on that is to blame is likely The TFC Primitive Tech add-on. It imports the TFC ServerTickHandler class instead of importing its own.

Edited by Bunsan

In my opinion, real-time server operation without players is much more realistic, so on my server I set :simSpeedNoPlayers to 0

By the way, I refused MapWriter, because he did not always (on my client) keep the map and checkpoints, JourneyMap is working correctly.

5 hours ago, Bunsan said:

For whatever reason some addons make it so it rolls back the tick 2x instead of just once. Meaning that time runs backwards when no one is online.  No matter what value you give this config if it is greater than 0 time will go backwards.

EDIT: The add-on that is to blame is likely The TFC Primitive Tech add-on. It imports the TFC ServerTickHandler class instead of importing its own.

Thanks for nailing this bug, yes can be common issue for all mods, which were utilizing this template: 

terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/8373-request-addon-devlopment-guide

because this bug is inside this template. I will check other TFC mods sources used in this modpack to ensure, that this bug wasn't copied into them.

Edited by ciekma

I see the release of the build 1.26. something was updated or fixed?

if you develop the mods yourself, you can create a server mod that defines the players on the server, and if they do not, it reads the server time and constantly gives the server /time set <server time when the last player left>

3 hours ago, alex0575 said:

I see the release of the build 1.26. something was updated or fixed?

Yes, I fixed my two mods (TFC Primitive Tech and TFPPHelperMod) which had same bug originating from TFC mod template.

OK, thank you very much. Now time on the server does not roll back
Can for fans of hardcore add a mod on disease and dark nights

Dark nights based on moon phase sound like a good idea, there are already monster spawn rules depending on moon phase.

But currently I'm working on Enviromine integration, it is already done but I'm checking possible config flaws.

There is another mod that I often added to my builds to make the world more real. There are mod for gases

On 25.09.2017 at 9:04 PM, alex0575 said:

There is another mod that I often added to my builds to make the world more real. There are mod for gases

I doubt it will work with TFC, because this mod rely on vanilla blocks, like coal ore.

Currently I'm testing Enviromine, it have gases and air pollution included, you can suffocate in deep caves/mines in presence of fire/torches/lava etc, if you doesn't have gas mask or ventilation shaft. It is a really scary mod, yesterday all my chickens were killed by fallen thatch blocks, when cote roof collapsed due to snow deposited on it...

I looked at the review of this mod. It really complicates the survival of this build. We are waiting for the next release.:)

Sorry, it is a dumb question, but when I unzip the download there is a folder called TFCPPHMod outside of the minecraft folder. What am I supposed to do with it?

5 hours ago, TonyLiberatto said:

Sorry, it is a dumb question, but when I unzip the download there is a folder called TFCPPHMod outside of the minecraft folder. What am I supposed to do with it?

Nothing, it is just a source for special mod designed for this modpack, I didn't created additional repository for it. When I finish modpack, I will migrate it to the FTB or something similar, without such stuff.

By the way, I realized, that there is bug, my liquid metal block (liquid pig iron, liquid carbonised black steel etc) are sucked by refractory hopper, but no liquid appear inside. Other liquid blocks, including those from custom items mod, works fine.

Probably I made some mistakes in liquid definition, can anybody look into the TFCPPHMod and help me?

Another question - is it possible to force wooden bucket to pick certain liquid? I defined such bucket as liquid container, but it wont work (wooden bucket with oil).

Good day.
You did not have an idea to make alternatives to a crucible, because It is rather difficult to find kaolinite and graphite. For example, something like a crucible made of cast iron or another alloy with the same functions.

Honestly, I think they are not as rare as people would say.

Kaolinite is actually very common and as a top layer is sometimes exposed. A pink mineral easy to spot from distance.

Graphite is easy to find if you understand the rock types and layer system.

The one mineral that makes a difference is actually garnierite. 

Kaolinite spawns in 8 different rock types all of them sedimentary, top layer.

Graphite spawns in only 4 rock types all metamorphic, so sometimes top sometimes middle.

Garnierite only spawns in Gabbro which is an Igneous intrusive, so it can spawn in all 3 layers.

3 hours ago, alex0575 said:

You did not have an idea to make alternatives to a crucible, because It is rather difficult to find kaolinite and graphite. For example, something like a crucible made of cast iron or another alloy with the same functions.

It would rather broke balance of the "explore the world" game to have easy crucible. Besides of it, kaolinite is easy to find, because it spawn in all sedimentary rocks, which always are a top layer.

Seeking for graphite indeed can be more frustrating, because it occurs only in some metamorphic layers, which can be buried as a second rock layer. For example, I was living near graphite deposit hidden under basalt layer and spotted it one game year later (see "living on the edge" log).

I found, that graphite occurs also in pegmatites, so I can add graphite to the granite nested pegmatite drop list.

By the way, binary alloys such bronze or brass, should be possible to achieve in Foundry Alloy Furnace, you can make this device even before iron age, if you were lucky to get iron ingot from zombie, so with bronze receipt added you would make bloomery without crucible easier than making fire pits with ore vessels.

Maybe I have the world somehow generated wrong. The server is set to hard mode, so a trip to the world for kaolinite and graphite often leads to death, because the skeleton or zombies in the armor, or bear lead to the death of the player. 3000-4000 hp for an animal or a mob, against a 1000 hp player in 60-65% death with loss of things.)))) If you consider the spawn of 3-4 zombies with so many hp, then the chance to die increases ))).

Plus, I also ruled out the possibility of instant teleportation home on the server, for a more realistic life, so returning home on foot with ore is also dangerous.

Maybe I'm looking for these ores incorrectly. Please give a couple of tips on how to look for them.

Are you using propick? Kaolinite is really everywhere, in every sedimentary rock, it can be often spotted in mountains or ravines.

Graphite veins are spawned in Gneiss, Marble, Quartzite and Schist, see http://wiki.terrafirmacraft.com/Ores_%26_Minerals, you need to look for these rocks first.

Today evening I will release new version, with additional graphite drop from Pegmatite (which can be found in Granite layer).

If speaking about zombies, their spawn mechanism above surface depend on moon phase, plan your journey wisely and you will travel few days spotting only passive pigmans.

By the way, maybe grave mod should be added?

What grave mod do you plan to add?
I can send the seed of the my world and try to find kaolenite and graphite. Apparently I'm a noob in the search for ores.

One of the problems I see is how some people just want to rush the game and get all the way to blue/red steel as fast as possible.

If you take your time and make a bronze armor and weapons you will have a much higher survival rate.

I usually bypass copper, but I definitely go for bronze armor.

Apparently I'm looking for ore veins incorrectly.