Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
ciekma

modpack WIP [TFC-0.79.29] TerraFirmaProgressivePack

279 posts in this topic

I think we do not need to change the recipes for this modification. we need to prepare "materials" for this modification. this will be the next step in the evolution of this assembly

So far this modpack is amazing! I was hoping to ask you if there is any chance of adding in more...Advanced weaponry for later ages? Like flans WW2 weapons and such, Its more for when me and my friends get into a fight we rather use age appropriate weapons, such as when im in the WW1 era where i have electricty and sophisticated machines. Bolt actions and machineguns began to be more prominate. I understand if were trying not to make this a PVP oriented modpack but i just think it would be cool if weapons advanced with your own machines. As always, Good job on your pack! 

I think, this modpack not PvP, although everything is possible

I had an idea while casting a bunch of iron ingots all at once, and it was taking forever doing them one at a time. A useful thing to add in whichever mod you made and put into the pack. There should be a couple items that are multi ingot molds, like 2, 4, and 8 versions would be really useful. Udary and TerraMisc add molds for their own items so it should be possible, The only problem might be when it puts out multiple ingots instead of one the heat would have problems carrying over, though it should be fine to just make it like the tool part molds, where it ignores temperature once full, so you don't have to worry about that part. Anyways, this would be super useful once you start to get to a more industrial level and need to refine large amounts of metal at once

As LightningShock mentioned, Reikka's mods policy forbid custom recipes, thus I rejected these mod at the very beginning of my work. BTW, currently there is something much more better than "usefulTNT', it is explosive material from IHL mod, it create static piles of items inside, instead of items.

If talking bout PVP - this mod support PVP, for example you have following tiers of ranged weapons: bow, long bow, crossbow, pistol, musket, multi-shot riffle, flamethrower, railgun, not counting rocket launcher and mining laser - they deal small damage to living entity but can be used to break blocks. I'm not going to add Flans mod - I tried once, too much crashes and bugs.

Multiple ingots can be done using Foundry - there are two kind of ingot molds, TFC one would give one hot (nearly melting point) ingot which must to be removed from slot, Foundry mold would give many cold ingots into output slot at once.

Version 1.53 was downloaded, I added archbar truck item, thus some 8-whelled traincraft vans can be assembled now, liquid iron can be melted in muffle furnace to allow sand casted wheels, Russian and Japan steam locomotives are also craftable.

Edited by ciekma

I was playing around with the traincraft trains in creative a bit to decide which one I want to craft in my survival game, but I've found them really slow. The railcraft locomotive is much faster. I tried to tweak the configs to bump their max speed, but havent found them. Is there any way to increase the max speed of the trains? I think they play a big role in the exploration-transportation endgame(to move large amounts of barrels and wood around) and faster trains would be really useful.

I'm also considering writing a bigger post about my adventures in my survival map with pictures. Should I make a seperate post or should I post it here?

13 hours ago, ciekma said:

Version 1.53 was downloaded, I added archbar truck item, thus some 8-whelled traincraft vans can be assembled now, liquid iron can be melted in muffle furnace to allow sand casted wheels, Russian and Japan steam locomotives are also craftable.

just update the config folder and scripts?

14 hours ago, alex0575 said:

just update the config folder and scripts?

config, scripts and mods (customitems mod, I'm packing new textures inside it).

21 hours ago, lebeg134 said:

I was playing around with the traincraft trains in creative a bit to decide which one I want to craft in my survival game, but I've found them really slow. The railcraft locomotive is much faster. I tried to tweak the configs to bump their max speed, but havent found them. Is there any way to increase the max speed of the trains? I think they play a big role in the exploration-transportation endgame(to move large amounts of barrels and wood around) and faster trains would be really useful.

I'm also considering writing a bigger post about my adventures in my survival map with pictures. Should I make a seperate post or should I post it here?

In version 1.53 I added faster and more powerful engines, for example Japan C62 class. I will add another ones in next release.

The issue with Railcraft locomotives is, that they are too fast, it can cause some problems on servers due to chunk loading latency. Therefore I disabled HS rails.

It is interesting to read someone else adventures, "User creations" forum is a best place for it, my single player blog is also here (temporarily abandoned due to failure of video card, spare one is too slow).

25 minutes ago, ciekma said:

config, scripts and mods (customitems mod, I'm packing new textures inside it).

In version 1.53 I added faster and more powerful engines, for example Japan C62 class. I will add another ones in next release..

Thank you! Could you, if possible, write in detail what has changed in the mod's folder. I update the config and the script folder without fail.

Just now, alex0575 said:

Thank you! Could you, if possible, write in detail what has changed in the mod's folder. I update the config and the script folder without fail.

look in the github's commits

There really are logs of all the changes, but I think not everyone can understand what has changed. I do not insist, but the record of the form: replace the file in the mod's folder by ... looks more understandable for most users. In any case, the right of the last word remains for the author of this assembly)

I don't think TooMuchTime is working on my save anymore, the length of my days are about 10 minutes which is roughly the same as my nights, does this sound right? Does TFC take into account the shorter winter days?

Also, just wanted to mention that the ghasts spawning in deep ocean in storms has led to some very intense and immersive moments in my playtime such as running down the beach in darkness with explosions trailing me.

Edited by Xamllew

Just now, Xamllew said:

I don't think TooMuchTime is working on my save anymore, the length of my days are about 10 minutes which is roughly the same as my nights, does this sound right? Does TFC take into account the shorter winter days?

Are you in autumn or spring?

2 minutes ago, LightningShock said:

Are you in autumn or spring?

Late Autumn.

Just now, Xamllew said:

Late Autumn.

It makes sense to be similar during autumn and spring, you should see the effect mid-winter and summer. I could swear I noticed it, but either I am under Mandela effect or I didn't remember clearly.

23 minutes ago, LightningShock said:

It makes sense to be similar during autumn and spring, you should see the effect mid-winter and summer. I could swear I noticed it, but either I am under Mandela effect or I didn't remember clearly.

So it should be similar to vanilla time in spring and autumn?

25 minutes ago, Xamllew said:

So it should be similar to vanilla time in spring and autumn?

yes

server {
    # For every X number of ticks provided here, when there are no players online the server will only progress by 1 tick. Time advances 100 times slower than normal. Setting this to 0 will turn this feature off. [range: 0 ~ 2147483647, default: 100]
    I:simSpeedNoPlayers=0
}

The value of the parameter is 0 - is it normal?
If I change to 100, the time back will not run, as in earlier assemblies?

If you change it to 100, it will behave like "regular" TFC server. The time DOES run, but very slowly when nobody is on the server.

0 is not the default, the author of this modpack changed this setting.

me on my server without players do not need an ordinary course of time, so I put the value of 100

I should also suggest a nice client side mod. It is called Sound Filters and it's adding cools effects to sound like muffling(when behind walls) and reverb(in caves).

On 4/26/2018 at 4:19 AM, alex0575 said:

server {
    # For every X number of ticks provided here, when there are no players online the server will only progress by 1 tick. Time advances 100 times slower than normal. Setting this to 0 will turn this feature off. [range: 0 ~ 2147483647, default: 100]
    I:simSpeedNoPlayers=0
}

The value of the parameter is 0 - is it normal?

There was issue with this parameter, you reported time rollback:

I fixed some mods causing this error, however I recommend to set this parameter to 0, because default year length for this modpack is 360 days.

Without freezing time, it gives exact 5 real days for each ingame year. I noticed, that some TFC servers use similar settings, because it give better predictability: if you see late winter, you are sure that tomorrow will be spring, no matter is somebody will be logged or not.

Oh, and I forgot to mention: I played your modpack while having Cooking with TFC mod installed as well, and I can say it is nice and bug free, you should check it out. The only issue is that is adding some new trees and melons but the lack of them isn't blocking progress and you easily find them once you explore further.

1 hour ago, LightningShock said:

Oh, and I forgot to mention: I played your modpack while having Cooking with TFC mod installed as well, and I can say it is nice and bug free, you should check it out. The only issue is that is adding some new trees and melons but the lack of them isn't blocking progress and you easily find them once you explore further.

Where I can find Cooking with TFC mod? I don't see it in addons forum section.

17 minutes ago, ciekma said:

Where I can find Cooking with TFC mod? I don't see it in addons forum section.

EDIT: I also added Jackofix which is a mod that makes jack-o-lanters burn up(as I've thought having them burning indefinitely is OP).

Edited by LightningShock