Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
ciekma

modpack WIP [TFC-0.79.29] TerraFirmaProgressivePack

279 posts in this topic

On 29.04.2018 at 9:12 PM, ciekma said:

There was issue with this parameter, you reported time rollback:

I fixed some mods causing this error, however I recommend to set this parameter to 0, because default year length for this modpack is 360 days.

Without freezing time, it gives exact 5 real days for each ingame year. I noticed, that some TFC servers use similar settings, because it give better predictability: if you see late winter, you are sure that tomorrow will be spring, no matter is somebody will be logged or not.

I will leave a parameter equal to 100, since it happens that I do not have time to harvest. It was summer, the day did not come and it was winter.

On 4/29/2018 at 2:39 PM, LightningShock said:

Oh, and I forgot to mention: I played your modpack while having Cooking with TFC mod installed as well, and I can say it is nice and bug free, you should check it out. The only issue is that is adding some new trees and melons but the lack of them isn't blocking progress and you easily find them once you explore further.

One slightly annoying thing about this mod is how far north coconut palms will grow. They should be fairly centered on the equator but I spot the odd lone palm in snowy pine forests around 14000 North occasionally.

Edited by Xamllew

On 4/23/2018 at 9:26 PM, alex0575 said:

There really are logs of all the changes, but I think not everyone can understand what has changed. I do not insist, but the record of the form: replace the file in the mod's folder by ... looks more understandable for most users. In any case, the right of the last word remains for the author of this assembly)

I created changelog.txt file, because indeed it is convenient to track changes even for myself, however it is descriptive log only, if you want to check which file was changed, you may refer to Github, everything is clearly described, for example: https://github.com/Wahazar/TerraFirmaProgressivePack/commit/1d18fdba946b0c2b4165c4416a987490da4422c9 - click on "22 changed files" would briefly reveal names of these files and what happened (edited, deleted, new one).

By the way, new version is finished, I added OpenComputers mod - this powerful mod bring modular computers and programable robots, but more importantly, it is compatible with Open Modular Turrets and Starcraft - which are planned to be added in future. Of course recipes were changed accordingly to overall modpack mood, you need patterned silicon wafers to make computer devices etc.

Other changes: some new items, and new locomotives (powerful and fast diesels - British and American).

Dynamic Lights mod updated.

EDIT: the best method to keep in touch with latest changes is to install github, clone project, and then "gt pull' will detect, download and automatically update only these files, which were affected by latest changes.

Edited by ciekma

The following mods can be updated:

Spoiler

Traincraft-4.3.5_014
CodeChickenCore-1.7.10-1.0.7.47-universal
NotEnoughItems-1.7.10-1.0.5.120-universal

Edited by alex0575

(English is not my own language.)

Hello, everybody.
Firstly;
Thank you very much to TFC creators, and TNFC and this package (TFProgressiveP.) and other producers.
You're doing my dream minecraft modes. But I found TFC just a few days ago. Too late. :(

Actually; There are a few simple changes in my mind for my own game (and for the server I want to install).
I will tell them later.

I have a question;

Is it possible to use TechNodeFirmaCraft and TerraFirmaProgressivePack together?

What can I do for it?

26 minutes ago, MeliksahMELO said:

I have a question;

Is it possible to use TechNodeFirmaCraft and TerraFirmaProgressivePack together?

What can I do for it?

you need to make a third pack with all of the mods and minetweaker scripts from both added together and tweak them to work properly

I have the same dream, TNFC and TFPP together, but it will need lot of work to make those modpacks work together.

You would need to make the custom ores from TFPP generate whit TNFC ores (like Oil). Besides you would need to make the recipes compatible too, because if you put them together they would certainly have duplicated and even repited recipes.

BTW, TFPP and TNFC changes mob spawns and behaviors, soo it will be a problem too.

The best thing people should do is play one separated from another. (You can wait too, because we have a port to 1.12+ in progress, and it will certainly have many modpacks to it)

Thank you for the answers.
I have no experience in this, but this summer I will try to work with my cousin.

Actually; my favorite feature is block (building) physics. When I was looking for physics mode for TNFC, I found TFPP.

By the way; I watched TFC2's physics video. This is exactly what I want.

- More discussion gives more insight. Please continue writing. :) 

20 minutes ago, MeliksahMELO said:

Thank you for the answers.
I have no experience in this, but this summer I will try to work with my cousin.

Actually; my favorite feature is block (building) physics. When I was looking for physics mode for TNFC, I found TFPP.

By the way; I watched TFC2's physics video. This is exactly what I want.

- More discussion gives more insight. Please continue writing. :) 

Block physics are a feature of EnviroMine, you can put that mod pretty easily.

1 hour ago, LightningShock said:

Block physics are a feature of EnviroMine, you can put that mod pretty easily.

Yes, but it also has other features; like temperature. And it does not match the TFC temperature.

I add the "enviromine.zs" scripts file. This time also; missing block error and physics is not working. Working :)
I will try to edit the "enviromine.zs" scripts file.

Edited by MeliksahMELO

Hi @MeliksahMELO, you can download TFPP and just copy the eviromine.zs file and mod file to your instance game, so you don't need to edit it by yourself!

Thank you @eagleyes005:)

I forgot to copy the Eviromine config file. Problem solved.

I'll look at other TFPP modes, can work without problems.

Using TFPP zs files in other modpacks is tricky, because I have many cross-recipies (some mod items used for crafting other mod items).

On 22.05.2018 at 7:04 PM, MeliksahMELO said:

Yes, but it also has other features; like temperature. And it does not match the TFC temperature.

Disable it in config, this is what TFPP does too.

TNFC uses a forked and heavily modified version of TFC. Making our stuff work with other packs or even extra mods is challenging to say the least. 

I dunno if I'm just bad but this is not installing on forge for me. I"m most likey just doing it wrong

How can I help you as much as possible?

10 hours ago, tigergaj said:

I dunno if I'm just bad but this is not installing on forge for me. I"m most likey just doing it wrong

Could you be more specific on problems which appeared to you? Errors, logs?

I've just continued my old save with this modpack, and it's still amazing. I am refining 78 more Iron ingots for a crusher atm. I've looked at the traincraft stuff and tinkered around a bit in a test world and saw that its well integrated with railcraft. So now I want to make a huge rail network :). Keep up the good work!

I've came across some problems in the past weeks. Some of the configed recipies don't work as intended.

• For example crusing rich ores with crusher doesn't give the proper amount of side drops. When the sidedrop chance is 250% it only means you get that 100% but only once. 
  • Crafting an IHL hammer requires Minecraft stick instead of terrafirmacraft stick.
  • There is an infinite metal loop with metalpress and double ingots.

//These could fixed by modifying the recipies. Which mod is used to add these recipes? How could I fix them by myself?

Thanks in advance!

PS: I've also found that if you break a refractory hopper it will crash the server and the block will dissapear, but no item will be droped.

Edit:

I've found the minetweaker scripts which modify recipes (minecraft/scripts/IEprocessing.zs) and made the following changes for crusher recipes. (Hematite, Limonite, Malachite)

Spoiler

Hematite

old:

mods.immersiveengineering.Crusher.addRecipe(tfc_powder_malachite, <terrafirmacraft:item.Small Ore:9>, 4000);
mods.immersiveengineering.Crusher.addRecipe(<terrafirmacraft:item.Small Ore:9>, <terrafirmacraft:item.Ore:58>, 4500, tfc_powder_malachite, 0.5);
mods.immersiveengineering.Crusher.addRecipe(<terrafirmacraft:item.Small Ore:9>, <terrafirmacraft:item.Ore:9>, 5000, tfc_powder_malachite, 1.5);    //if the multiplier is higher than 1 it still counts as 1
mods.immersiveengineering.Crusher.addRecipe(<terrafirmacraft:item.Small Ore:9>, <terrafirmacraft:item.Ore:44>, 5500, tfc_powder_malachite, 2.5); //same as above

new:

mods.immersiveengineering.Crusher.addRecipe(tfc_powder_haematite, <terrafirmacraft:item.Small Ore:3>, 4000);
mods.immersiveengineering.Crusher.addRecipe(<terrafirmacraft:item.Small Ore:3>, <terrafirmacraft:item.Ore:52>, 4500, tfc_powder_haematite    , 1);
mods.immersiveengineering.Crusher.addRecipe(<terrafirmacraft:item.Ore:52>     , <terrafirmacraft:item.Ore:3> , 5000, tfc_powder_haematite * 2, 1); //fixed multiplier with grouped extra drop
mods.immersiveengineering.Crusher.addRecipe(<terrafirmacraft:item.Ore:3>      , <terrafirmacraft:item.Ore:38>, 5500, tfc_powder_haematite * 2, 1);

Limonite (new)

mods.immersiveengineering.Crusher.addRecipe(tfc_powder_limonite, <terrafirmacraft:item.Small Ore:11>, 4000);
mods.immersiveengineering.Crusher.addRecipe(<terrafirmacraft:item.Small Ore:11>, <terrafirmacraft:item.Ore:60>, 4500, tfc_powder_limonite, 0.5);
mods.immersiveengineering.Crusher.addRecipe(<terrafirmacraft:item.Ore:60>      , <terrafirmacraft:item.Ore:11>, 5000, tfc_powder_limonite * 2, 1);
mods.immersiveengineering.Crusher.addRecipe(<terrafirmacraft:item.Ore:11>      , <terrafirmacraft:item.Ore:46>, 5500, tfc_powder_limonite * 2, 1);

Malachite (new)

mods.immersiveengineering.Crusher.addRecipe(tfc_powder_malachite, <terrafirmacraft:item.Small Ore:9>, 4000);
mods.immersiveengineering.Crusher.addRecipe(<terrafirmacraft:item.Small Ore:9>, <terrafirmacraft:item.Ore:58>, 4500, tfc_powder_malachite, 0.5);
mods.immersiveengineering.Crusher.addRecipe(<terrafirmacraft:item.Ore:58>, <terrafirmacraft:item.Ore:9>, 5000, tfc_powder_malachite * 2, 1);
mods.immersiveengineering.Crusher.addRecipe(<terrafirmacraft:item.Ore:9>, <terrafirmacraft:item.Ore:44>, 5500, tfc_powder_malachite * 2, 1);

I think this is a fair modification, because Quern recipes already give 6 powder per rich ore, and I think the multiple steps causing more time and energy consumption balances the small amount of extra ores you get.

Edited by lebeg134

I don't know if anyone actualy reads my posts here but I've found some important crashes.

1. Breakin refractory hoppers results in instant crash (also crashes server). Block will dissapear but no item will be dropped. Fix: restart server and relog. (and add back the item)
  2. Placing IE pipe next to fractionator column (IHL) will result in crash. !!You can not log back into your world, it will always crash (only client side)!! FIX: pipe can be removed using mcedit.

Be aware of IHL blocks. They are full of bugs.  These above are just the crashes from countles bugs and there are probably also many to found. (wrench dissapearing when picking up welder, cables not working properly, Iron workbench recipes not crafting properly...) 

Edit: 2. crash means that you need to use fluid distributors which are crazyly overpriced (around 100 copper ingots per block!)

Edited by lebeg134

Thanks for bugs testing. I had a break in this project, but I will try to jump in again. I will discuss with IHL author, hope he would fix this bug. The worse thing is foundry mod - author is not developing it more.

Emm, sorry for a stupid question, but how why the time in this pack flows MUCH slower than in just TerraFirmaCraft? :angry:

Hi! I love this modpack, however I've encountered what may be an issue; zombies spawning inside of my cellar.

According to their thread they've made it so mobs shouldn't spawn on cellar blocks, so I don't know if that's an issue on their end or on another end, or if it's intentional. Definitely gave me a fright, though! But it is annoying because I can't place torches to light that area up without the functionality of the cellar being broken.

I'm assuming there is a raid occurring which is why a zombie appeared in my cellar, but even then I have quite a bit of protection for the chunk that it spawned within and I was only gone for the day, a couple of chunks away to work on my farm.

I'm not sure if this is something you could/would fix, or if you have any idea how I can fix it for my own world? I don't want to poke around and break something but I would like it so no mobs can spawn on cellar blocks, period.

In any case, I appreciate the work you've done to put these mods together into such a great pack!