Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
drkoaeg

[Solved] Weather, potion effects

6 posts in this topic

Does this count as new feature or would it be possible to make other mods able to change weather and potion effects:

I was concretely thinking about weather 2 mod that lets sometimes the torches go out sometimes not (as well as barrel fill/ fire burn out/ rain commands). Also I use some mods which should give you potion effects but they do nothing (some do the particle). An example would be poisoning plants in plantmegapack. Some mods also seem to rely still on vanilla health/hunger system, isn't there a way to align those? Thank you for your thoughts, Kitty :)

When it comes to rain, TFC is just using the vanilla mechanic so any compatibility issues there are with the other mod, and not with TFC. There is no way to add compatibility with food/hunger from other mods. As for potions, I have no idea why it's not working for you since we don't edit potion effects, and actually use them for stuff like hunger/thirst debuffs and hot springs regen. To double check, I just loaded up a survival world and drank a poison potion. It worked just fine giving me the poison effect display in the inventory, the particles, and the periodic damage that decreases health.

The issue with the PMP poison is that it is just a tick and does vanilla level of damage, so 1hp at most. 

It is possible to scale this damage in the damage handler, but as TFC does not ever trigger poison effect they haven't scaled. The damage effect is scaled in the TerraFirmaPunk pack. 

Weather 2 storms are entities. You can set configs to have invisible vanilla weather running, but it means you'll have at times clear skies while everything else is behaving like it is raining. Including thunder. 

It is possible to have compatibility where TFC sees the storm entity and behaves like it is raining. We've done this, but requires compatibility added to TFC.  It isn't perfect because the range for rain effects from storm entity is variable. So sometimes when you see a storm barrels will fill with no rain particles or the opposite. 

Edited by Bunsan

Thank you for these explanations. You have really digged into it, Bunsan, right? ^^ Sorry for not testing it with the potion only right before, Kitty. So I see possible solutions would have to be custom for any single mod. Might the scale-up be possible to write into TFC (hope that is not too dump, I am learning in my free time as much as I can about programming)? In short-term I think I will use your pack which already provides this compatibility, thanks for your work, you both =)

Yeah, since I'm doing a bugfix release in the next day or two anyways I went ahead and added in the scale up for magic damage. So poison potions will do 25 hp per tick instead of 1. A player starting at 1,000 HP drops down to about 400 HP after getting hit with a normal splash poison potion. Also made sure to add in the check so it won't kill the player, their health with just stay around 1 - 25 HP until it wears off.

9 minutes ago, Kittychanley said:

Yeah, since I'm doing a bugfix release in the next day or two anyways I went ahead and added in the scale up for magic damage. So poison potions will do 25 hp per tick instead of 1. A player starting at 1,000 HP drops down to about 400 HP after getting hit with a normal splash poison potion. Also made sure to add in the check so it won't kill the player, their health with just stay around 1 - 25 HP until it wears off.

That is really great, thank you very much!