Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
dabman10

TFC Team Survival Battle

110 posts in this topic

I've had an idea running through my mind that probably came from playing on Minecraft DvZ, pvp, and Survival Game servers. Merging tournament and team-fighting concepts with TFCraft would make for something amazing. Imagine two teams, desperately trying to mine, farm, and advance in metallurgy in preparation for an onslaught where only one group can survive. Which team can make the most strategic choices based on their successes or follies at finding ores? Will one team manage to smith copper blades and mail, while their enemies come down upon them with stone axes and leather armor? It would almost be like a first person mass multiplayer

Below are the basics about the mechanics of this game concept. Please read through, think, and respond with your own ideas If you're interested trying this idea out, I'll put your name in this post and we'll try a test run this weekend!

UPDATE: Matches are successful! The largest game we have had so far is a 4vs4. We are working to build more types of maps, and your best chance to contact us is to pm me, Incompatibility, or to join skype (add me, my id is dabman10).

Make sure you have Mumble (link) or Skype if you want to use teamspeak. Currently the server just requires you to have Minecraft, modloader, forge, and TFC installed (the minimum requirements).

PM me to get added to the list!

Teams Information:

1. 8 players on each team, 2 teams total.

2. 1 referee (on creative mode) managing the game

3. All players start without any items

Map Layout:

1. In the center of the map is a building with 2 small, separated rooms, each room with one entrance out.

2. The entrances face opposite directions from each other.

3. Teams start in each room with the door locked. The entire chunk the building is on is 'protected' by the referee and blocks cannot be destroyed.

4. Example:

__________O________

__________O________

OOOOOOOOOOOOO

O________O________O

O________O________O

_________O_________

O________O________O

O________O________O

OOOOOOOOOOOOO

__________O________

__________O________

5. Approximately 200 meters out will be the initial starting ores for each team to acquire. This mining location will be marked by a sign and a torch. Under 4 blocks of dirt will be 12 bismuth ore blocks. 16 blocks further down will be 32 copper ore blocks. 20 blocks further down will be 32 tin ore blocks. Finally, 30 blocks down will be 32 iron ore blocks, 16 copper ore blocks, and 16 tin ore blocks.

Screenshots

Posted Image

Posted Image

Gameplay Information (3v3 or 4v4):

1. When the round begins, the referee opens the doors and the players run out. The referee starts a timer.

2. Each team is required to run out and start a base on their side of the map (divided by the starting building, and lines further out) for a period of time.

3. During this period, each team frantically works on acquiring tools, setting up a base, farms, forges, etc.

4. If any players die during the first 30 minutes, they respawn in their team's starting room.

5. After 30 minutes have elapsed, iron doors with pressure plates on the outside are installed on both team's starting rooms. Team mates will need to run back and let dead members out.

6. Afer the safe time period has elapsed (about an hour, depends on # of players), teams are now free to move on the opposing team's territory.

7. The object of the game is to survive by eliminating the other team so that no players are left outside of their starting room.

Misc. Rules:

1. Beds would not be allowed (spawns must always be in the team's starting room).

2. Some strategies might focus on hiding, making the game quite boring. Hopefully the fact that bloomeries are pretty ineffective underground, and forges must have a hole open to the outside, will make it obvious enough where a team's base is. Another means of circumventing this would have another optional victory condition, say destroying an obsidian block in the center of the map (only destroyable by steel++).

3. The main objective is to capture the enemy's flag.

4. Any obvious advantages (visible ores, massive amount of cows, glaringly advantageous land/water features, etc. need to be rebalanced before the game starts. Prior to the start of the game, the referee needs to make sure that both teams have

A) An abundance of trees

B ) A source of water and tall grass

C) An abundance of cows

D) A source of stone for a tier 0 anvil

E) A source for flux

5. Games could also be entirely open-ended, or be arena-style.

Users expressing interest in test-running this concept:

Updated: Added Pictures

Wow thats cool! when will this event be? i will join if this is open for people to join!

Are we allowed to use teamspeak or mumble?

This is more of suggested idea, so we need 14 more players, a referee, a server, and we're ready to begin! Of course, we could start by using smaller teams.

Mumble/skype would be a great idea.

Well we could start with small teams, andthen expand as er get better servers.

I think we should start with 4 on each team! btw how will we get an server? will it be runned on a computer or an dedicated server?

My friend has a server setup... if someone doesn't have a better option we could use that.

How would you make it fair as to ore generation? Obviously one side might be richer in ores than the other, causing unbalance.

5. After 15 minutes have lapsed, iron doors with pressure plates on the outside are installed on both team's starting rooms. Teams are now free to move on the opposing team's territory.

There would be no restrictions on who gets what ore other than who was faster getting to it.

Fairness could be addressed several ways:

1) Both maps could be mirrored so there is a guaranteed fairness in ore distribution.

2) Maps could be arena-style, where there are known deposits of specific ores and one just has to develop a strategy of what to extract first.

3) The game is designed to accept the aspect of randomness, and could be built into the player's strategy. For example, if a team isn't able to locate any ores within the first 15 minutes, their strategy may shift to blitzing the other team with stone-age tools and leather armor.

the problem is...15min is way not long enouth to aquire what you need...arena style where the ore is readly avalable would make more sence say a 5x5 block of each type of ore.

other wise 5h later nither team has tryed to atack lol

15 minutes is not much time, but remember that you have 7 other teammates. It's reasonable to expect that copper could be acquirable by that point. It's also reasonable to assume at this point that many teams would simply prepare for battle with stone tools and leather armor, hoping to take the other team by surprise.

If 15 minutes seems way too short, it would be increased. But it would be difficult to expect a full game to run its course without people having to leave or disconnect.

seems like we have some new recruits! ;)

Hope that it will actually work, and work soon! :P

We could do it in this weekend if everyone got time?

Well now it seems the time and the place is what comes next. I'd be willing to go through a test run of the concept, but it might take a competent server host to really get the whole idea working.

Oh, yea time zones is a pain in the ***.

Well it would help me out planing if i knew where you guys are from,

if you dont want to let everyone know you can send me an PM

Would anyone record / live stream this??? I could record but my net is capped so no live stream / upload for a bit. :(

It's seems like a good idea since that's what lots of people watch in Minecraft vids this days.

Well if we livestream and record it, we could get more people to know and get interested in TFC.

Btw they might even want to try this game

Edit: "@Deviator what are we gonna name the game?"

TF Craft: Rise of the Apes?? TF Craft Battle of the Cavemen??

lol ^_^

lets give it some time and see what sugestions people come with! ;)