Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
dabman10

TFC Team Survival Battle

110 posts in this topic

Well as for now i know that it will be about 3PM - 1AM PST, GMT 11+

But it will be on Saturday.

I will tell you guys when what time of the day we will do it when dabman replys my PM "unless he do it himself"

Hope to see you all on saturday!

I'm just going to throw a time out... I'll start looking for people on the forums at 9:00am PST on Saturday. It probably won't be until 12:00pm or later that we'll be ready to start, since they'll be lots of issues to think through (teams, the map, server issues, teamspeak). I've upgraded my computer and got all the port-forwarding server issues worked out, although I have yet to test my computer with more than 3 players on the server at once. If anyone wants to try to test it out tomorrow (starting at 9:00am ish), that would be great.

Incompatibility, you're welcome to think about making a map... but please try to stick to the genre of this game (mining, farming, hunting, smelting). Go for a natural style... it will make it easy since it's less work to actually do, plus it will give it that 'survival age of empires' feel. If you're going to make ore deposits to balance fairness, stick them under the dirt and mark them with a sign or something. My suggestion would also be that the higher tier the ore is, the deeper down it should be (so for example, x blocks of bismuth would be 4 blocks underground x blocks of copper would be 16 blocks underground). If you can, make the spawning room out of obsidian or bedrock, and build pressure plates outside that open the spawning doors for each team room. Make sure the ore deposits are at least 200m or so away from the spawn building. I've started creating a basic map, but I won't be modifying it much besides balanced bismuth and copper deposits, and removing any obvious advantage that one map side has.

It would still be great for people to look for anyone who can run a dedicated server.

Oh that was fast! :P

Well lets talk about how we will do it on saturday. I know an mumble server we can use ;)

"skype is not good for parties over 3 people!" :mellow:

Well a random world would be fine for fist run if that works then we will try other things k??

Wow stop posting faster then me so I don't seem out of contest. >:/

Wow stop posting faster then me so I don't seem out of contest. >:/

what contest??

Well a random world would be fine for fist run if that works then we will try other things k??

Well we could to make an randomised area, take up an area of the world and lift it up.

Then mirror it to the other side and wall between, with spawn house and gates to enemy territory in the wall "migth be bedrock but glass as texture

Context sorry. :/

My spelling is horrible. :/

Also could you send me the Age of Survival banner?

Context sorry. :/

My spelling is horrible. :/

I have nu clue about what an Context is :huh:

Wow, not sure about how to do the world-shaping, but come on and show me tomorrow.

http://canihostaminecraftserver.com/ tells me I should be able to run a server with 10 people, so it might be possible to do a larger game than I expected. Then again, comcast sucks.

Mumble's good, I prefer it.

Context is how you interpret or understand something based off what you know. He was complaining that you were making him sound "out" of context because you were posting in front of him. This means people wouldn't really understand what he is saying, because what he said was referring to something said before you.

Wow, not sure about how to do the world-shaping, but come on and show me tomorrow.

It will be hard to do without WorldEdit... :mellow:

http://canihostaminecraftserver.com/ tells me I should be able to run a server with 10 people, so it might be possible to do a larger game than I expected. Then again, comcast sucks.

Well wait to buy a server until we know how we're gonna do this! ;)

Mumble's good, I prefer it.

Well i prefer mumble too, But sometimes i got problems with it. :P

Context is how you interpret or understand something based off what you know. He was complaining that you were making him sound "out" of context because you were posting in front of him. This means people wouldn't really understand what he is saying, because what he said was referring to something said before you.

Oh lol, i did'nt know that. Sorry Daxx. :D

Getting Mumble now... 7kbs down speed... This is what i get for going over 25gb :/

You actually didn't do anything wrong, he was just teasing you.

The rules have been updated to reflect all of the input you guys have provided. If you're interested in playing tomorrow or this weekend, please make sure your name is on the list! I will be looking at this list first if we get a lot of people lining up to play.

Also could you send me the Age of Survival banner?

Sorry i did'nt see that berfore now...

But i have no clue of how to send it

K maybe I will use the copy of photo shop I have and make a good one??? Dabman10 what do you think???

New Banners. :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Just simple but I will try and do better ones after the match.

If it is not to late can I be added to the list :D

My IGN is iizorro

It should be fine, Dabman10 probably want be on for a while so you will be added, but no promises and thanks for using one of my banners. :)

It should be fine, Dabman10 probably want be on for a while so you will be added, but no promises and thanks for using one of my banners. :)

No problem. They are awesome banners :D

I'm just going to throw a time out... I'll start looking for people on the forums at 9:00am PST on Saturday. It probably won't be until 12:00pm or later that we'll be ready to start, since they'll be lots of issues to think through (teams, the map, server issues, teamspeak). I've upgraded my computer and got all the port-forwarding server issues worked out, although I have yet to test my computer with more than 3 players on the server at once. If anyone wants to try to test it out tomorrow (starting at 9:00am ish), that would be great.

Incompatibility, you're welcome to think about making a map... but please try to stick to the genre of this game (mining, farming, hunting, smelting). Go for a natural style... it will make it easy since it's less work to actually do, plus it will give it that 'survival age of empires' feel. If you're going to make ore deposits to balance fairness, stick them under the dirt and mark them with a sign or something. My suggestion would also be that the higher tier the ore is, the deeper down it should be (so for example, x blocks of bismuth would be 4 blocks underground x blocks of copper would be 16 blocks underground). If you can, make the spawning room out of obsidian or bedrock, and build pressure plates outside that open the spawning doors for each team room. Make sure the ore deposits are at least 200m or so away from the spawn building. I've started creating a basic map, but I won't be modifying it much besides balanced bismuth and copper deposits, and removing any obvious advantage that one map side has.

It would still be great for people to look for anyone who can run a dedicated server.

The only problem with putting signs on top of the ores is people could just dig straight down to the ores. Unless of course it's just a general sign that says this is where the ores are.

I'm still for my Dungeon idea but instead of chests, since you want to keep mining involved, have actual ores in the dungeon you can mine.

I'm not sure If any of you guys have played Mabinogi but the only place to get ores in the game was by doing a dungeon mining the ore after you clear a room. I could do something like that.