Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
ciekma

Water update

9 posts in this topic

I often observe ugly graphical glitches - water cutted by ravine edge, or what is much worse, hoovering above ravine.

First is probably caused by creating ravine after creating water, without block update, the latter seems to be caused by falling gravel/cobblestone/dirt blocks, which doesn't update water blocks.

Is it possible to fix these bugs? They break reception of this great mod.

No fix as far as I am aware. But you can use this add on to improve your experience (tho of course the add on might also cause some strangeness, it is still worthwhile having).

If you use shaders together with the Streams mod, read the first post before playing, otherwise the streams water will be opaque instead of transparant.

I heartily recommend the Streams mod :)

Thanks for replies, but does this stream mod resolve problem with above mentioned hanging water glitches?

hangingwater0.png

hangingwater1.png

hangingwater2.png

The various water issues are due to the way worldgen works. The ravines and such generate after the water. Falling sand/gravel do cause a block update only worldgen leaves the unupdated water. 

There really isn't a good way to fix these issues without delving into the web of worldgen code and would likely result in laggier worldgen. 

Not to mention TFC is not being updated anymore unless a major bug is found.  

I don't know how important the ravines are for you, but you could reduce the generation probability, so the chances are low to see those formations.

Yes - I tweak my config so that ravines are less likely - they are often useful, but *way* too common by default.

Ravines are important, they give some help with prospecting, and bring some game thrill due to falling hazard.

My question arise from assumption, that there is easy way to fix missing water update. If stream mod fix such issues, I will give it a try, I like idea of flowing water and inland transport, but usually there are small islands generated by TFC, thus I didn't used this mod before for TFC, for vanilla it was crashing with my previous enviromine+cog modpack.

Streams mod does *not* fix this problem as far as I am aware