Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Narmo

[Request] Leaves blocks mod

14 posts in this topic

Hello!

I searched forum for something like this, but without results. If I missed something I'm sorry. I love to build huge trees and lack of possibility to obtain leaves is very sad thing so maybe someone would like to make small mod, which allows to craft all of the non fruit tree leaves? I found one topic with question about leaves obtaining so I think that other people also will be interested.

Terrafirmacraft lovely landscapes and coloring looks like perfect space for magnificent old trees. I don't know anything about coding - if it isn't very difficult thing to do I'm willing to do it myself so I'm also open to suggestions :)

Edited by Narmo

There are several mods (for example minetweaker) which allow to add custom recipes :)

3 minutes ago, drkoaeg said:

There are several mods (for example minetweaker) which allow to add custom recipes :)

Oops, you are right and I even have minetweaker installed O.o (use it for carpenter blocks compatibility and forget that I can make my own script -.-)  Thank you very much for this tip :)

Edited by Narmo

After a some research looks like it isn't as easy as adding custom recipe because I need to add a new block which looks exactly like already existing in the game so I'm not sure if minetweaker or similar mod can do it. I asked on minetweaker forum but don't have any answer.

29 minutes ago, Narmo said:

After a some research looks like it isn't as easy as adding custom recipe because I need to add a new block which looks exactly like already existing in the game so I'm not sure if minetweaker or similar mod can do it. I asked on minetweaker forum but don't have any answer.

What is the problem with the existing block?

Erm if I see this correctly (but maybe I'm missing something) there isn't such think as terrafirmacraft leaf block (I mean item version with separated ID). There are vanilla ones, but they have different colours. 

Edited by Narmo

12 minutes ago, Narmo said:

Erm if I see this correctly (but maybe I'm missing something) there isn't such think as terrafirmacraft leaf block (I mean item version with separated ID). There are vanilla ones, but they have different colours. 

They are hidden in creative menu, so if you use NEI (with TFC addon) you will find those blocks with ID. But keep in mind without log in surrounding they will disappear.

Um I created creative mode world, searched all menu, tried different keywords and couldn't see them. Are you sure that in the newest version of terrafirmacraft you can see terrafirmacraft leaves as block too?

1 hour ago, Narmo said:

Um I created creative mode world, searched all menu, tried different keywords and couldn't see them. Are you sure that in the newest version of terrafirmacraft you can see terrafirmacraft leaves as block too?

Okay, I will have to take a look at this.

Thank you very much :)  Normally I play in survival, don't have much experience with creative so maybe I missed something. If it will be no other way I can always use vanilla ones, but prefer to avoid that option ^^

Okay, my fault, you should use only NEI (I use 1.0.5.110) and newest version of TFC. I hope that's it, because I can see them there (ID 218:0-15 219:0-1).

I found the reason of my problem with not seeing leaves - this option in TFCConfig file:

# Set to false to show hidden items in NEI. Note that most of these items were hidden to prevent players from cheating them in and crashing their game. [default: true]
    B:enableNEIHiding=false

It was set to true and when I changed it to false I can see all of them also in survival mode ^^

Very nice guy from a minetweaker forums, ZeroLevels, wrote for me script solving leaf problem :) Here it is: link ^^ I tested it, works like a charm with all sorts of buckets. I only need to ask him about sequioa problem (no sapling) and kapok&acacia ones (obtainable only through cheating) ^^

EDIT

I changed the recipe, now it needs only log and a bucket of water, and from all of it uses only water :) Soooo problem solved ^^ If you want to use it you need minetweaker and this script saved as .zs file.

Edited by Narmo