Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Shirolol

Useless items are really annoying.

6 posts in this topic

Why couldn't there be an option to disable useless items?

I made myself glass bottles because I ASSUMED you could put water in them and drink it, because that would make sense, but it turns out they are completely useless.

Why are there so many useless items in TFC? Because this is not the first time something like that happened to me, it's annoying.

Glass bottles are *not* useless - They are the only way you can drink alcohol as far as I am aware.

(but yes, useless items can sometimes be a pain - like a galena ore deposit masking other useful, ores.)

Edited by ChunkHunter

Though I have no idea what alcohol is good for right now, aside from making cheese and things like that, but thanks for the information.

Drinking alcohol is only interesting for potentially fun or useful side-effects.

"Useless items" are actually a easy way to create compatibility with other mods and for addon authors to insert new items and techs.

An easy example  is a mod that adds potions would use the glass bottles.

As for Galena, if you install the Decorations addon you can make Lanterns with it.

There are other addons and mods that can make use of those 'Useless items" as you say.

They also add realism to the mod, as not every single ore needs to have a purpose.

There are also many modpacks already using those "Useless Items", they would be broken without them. 

In nature you can not use everything, too. In game relation I really enjoy those "useless" features, as they could rise difficulty (like the mentioned ore finding) and brings diversity without having too high complexity because of hundreds of things you could make but are not essentially needed (see plants from Plantmegapack, they are almost only for the look).