Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Jason_Anaminus

Questions and Suggestions for TFC2

14 posts in this topic

I'm happy to hear TFC2 is coming, I hope it comes to 1.10 or overhauls completely. 

The most exciting thing about tfc1 was starting fresh. It was so great to do things from zero. Also recently I watched a chanel on youtube called Primite Technology, which they start from zero in the world and builds its way to progression without the outside help. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAL3JXZSzSm8AlZyD3nQdBA

And this made me excited for TFC more, but TFC1 had its flaws; not being really independant to minecraft. The idea of still a mob spawn in the night just screws this mod. I feel like if something is going to kill you, it gotta be the cold or starvation. Or bears? Maybe snakes. I feel like TFC should remove normal mob spawns and instead have real life threats like bears, snakes, lions etc. I noted "cold" but having to worry about temperature in minecraft has been a hassle with mods (ex. enviromine), also pretty much limits the player so I dislike that. Instead night should have a different effect that is equivalent to vanilla nights. Maybe some wild animals become extra hostile and stuff. 

But the final decision is up to devs, and hope TFC2 turns out to be fresh and better in performance.

So I wrote a big giant comment and then my internet decided to totally ***** me over and reset everything and made me sign in.,.I'll rewrite later......

On 1/8/2016 at 7:02 PM, Jason_Anaminus said:

Instead night should have a different effect that is equivalent to vanilla nights. Maybe some wild animals become extra hostile and stuff. 

Hardcore Darkness. That's all for this. It should be implemented in the game.

And for Hostile animals and snakes: :D (and diseases?)

1 hour ago, Jason_Anaminus said:

Not really. Hardcore darkness is another mod. 

I know, but it will make the night dangerous for the only purpose it is in real life. Anyway the mod Hardcore Darkness can be inproved.  The total darkness should appear only in caves and/or when the moon is covered or new.

Edited by Diego il Catanico Jr

On 1/8/2016 at 10:14 PM, EndR20 said:

So I wrote a big giant comment and then my internet decided to totally ***** me over and reset everything and made me sign in.,.I'll rewrite later......

=C

I can understand how you feel...

no new on what bioxx is working on lately? #TFC2hype

On 8/8/2016 at 2:11 PM, Diego il Catanico Jr said:

I know, but it will make the night dangerous for the only purpose it is in real life. Anyway the mod Hardcore Darkness can be inproved.  The total darkness should appear only in caves and/or when the moon is covered or new.

Hardcore Darkness has those exact options in the config, so I don't think it is necessary for TFC2 to reinvent the wheel.

Peaceful Nights Dangerous Caves is the mod that removes all mob spawning from the surface for TFC1, but I thought I read somewhere that non-animal vanilla mobs are being removed completely from TFC2.

3 hours ago, Konlii said:

Hardcore Darkness has those exact options in the config, so I don't think it is necessary for TFC2 to reinvent the wheel.

Yeah, I realized that 1 week ago.

3 hours ago, Konlii said:

I thought I read somewhere that non-animal vanilla mobs are being removed completely from TFC2.

Wow this means that surface enemies could be enviroment and predators... and monsters will be foud later in game in dungeons... this remembers me the first Tomb Rider.

One thing I'd for sure love to see is more of a "Tech Tree" and more weapons to accompany them. As an idea possibly the ability to craft a musket or a poll arm things like that. Also, I am a very strong advocate for diseases in TFC2. Also, possibly villages or roaming tribes I have been working on code for that for quite some time and I got a small village to generate

Would be nice if animals including dangerous ones reproduce in the wild and move around more off-screen. Then you couldn't just ignore the bear. Offspring ventures out on its own when it reaches adulthood, something like that. Dangerous if you let a den live near you.

I'd really like to see a few compatibility mods, to the point of thinking about doing a semi-simple one myself, particularly Chisels And Bits since it's basically the same as the old TFC chisel with a few extra options and more freedom. Just making the chisels themselves and blueprints craftable would put things back where they were. But, how that's done would depend on what metalworking is like in TFC2, how easy or difficult it ends up being to work with that system as far as external mods go, and what MC version TFC2 will be released in. Or...could just make the original CAB chisels craftable in a bench with metal bars/gems, but that feels like a waste of the metalworking system.

...on that note, any word on whether TFC2 initial release will still be for 1.8 or if it'll jump up to more recent MC versions? I mainly ask because 1.8 was a seemingly difficult version for the modding community. A lot of mods, even popular ones, left their 1.8 iterations in a pretty unfinished state, or skipped the version entirely, so...TFC2 in later versions would be quite welcome, given some of the amazing things the modding community as a whole has been doing lately. Especially with the Thaumcraft dev looking like he's making great progress, and the new version looking even better than the last. It'd be nice to be able to play TFC2 alongside new/updated things, and the offhand slot.

Edited by Pyr0mrcow

As far as version, it seems like the devs have been tracking with vanilla more or less.  It was brought up to 1.10.2 in July according to github.  I haven't seen any record of a 1.11 update since then though.

Edited by Darmo

Are we going to see a Village mechanic included something along the lines of millinare

In the past Bioxx has said he's open to the notion of npcs, and it seems reasonable to assume that villages and other set pieces could be a thing as well.   Just fyi.  As for whether or not they might ever reach Millenaire complexity, your guess is good as mine.  I'd guess it would be low priority, at best.