Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Rangendio

[TFC-0.79.29.922 ] Waterhollow |Server closed | Trains | Ships |Star Gates

77 posts in this topic

Finally got everything working  how I wanted the game play to be. And now just looking to get the player base back to how it was. A few changes have happened. We still have pvp but you dont lose your inventory so only thing it does is send you back to your bed or spawn depending if you have a bed or not. I see people using this as a fast travel since there are no TP in the world so no biggy. The only other thing I could see happening is people going to steal other players ships which might have chests on them. No way to stop this and I guess its the only real type of "raiding" that is on the server but as long as you keep what you want to trade in your inventory you will only lose your ship. So once again not really that bad, just a bit annoying.

I'm working on getting the Traincraft recipes going. I do not and will not have railcraft ever so don't ask.

All Metals are now used for something as well as all useless minerals A lot of it will be for Late game for the Stargates system. Which will be very expensive to even use. The fuel for these will be crafted with a lot of things as well as in game currency coins. Not sure how much I should charge players for making the fuel yet but it will not be cheap at all.

There is a small shop at spawn which has a few shops to sell all gems to other than chipped(these are needed for something) More gems you get the more money you can make. The /pay command is disabled meaning only way to give another play money is by giving them coins. These coins can be bought / sold to an admin shop at spawn. Coin values are $1, $5, $10, $25,  $50, $100, $500, $1000, $5000.

There are no warp commands on this server and never will be well other than /suicide it warps you back to your bed....

'======How to use the Claim system to make a Town=====

Not my video just watch it and learn. Also I use a TFC stick for land claims instead of gold shovel. Can also use a reed to view the claimed areas

All recipes are being redone for the new mod pack. Im just going to start over from scratch on them so I can find all bugs and make sure everything is working properly.

Server IP : 167.114.209.94:27959

Player Slots : 42

Server Discordhttps://discord.gg/kEJVgYy

Dynmap: http://167.114.209.94:8130/ (No player markers on map to prevent player hunting)

Mod Pack Info

Use old ftb launcher from http://legacy.feed-the-beast.com/

Pack code : Waterhollow

Pack version: 3.2.0

Do not use the newer ftb launcher it does not list the 3rd party packs via packcode.

If you wish  to manually install the pack ask in discord someone should be able to help you.

========MOD LIST==========

Edited by Rangendio
Server Changes

13 hours ago, MonyClair said:

Will try maybe.

Good luck.

Cool deal hope to see you in game.

-=Server Changes=-

=====================================

Animals age 4x faster for quicker breeding

Max Faction Power per player is now 25 instead of 10 by default.

Faction claims no longer required to be connected to your current claim.

=====================================

Debating about adding a plugin that gives you 5 lives and after you die those 5 lives you get a temp ban for 20 mins. Would help with large raids of large factions. Can set it up to also reward you 1 life if you kill someone up to a max of whatever.

It's exciting to see a new server around here, been a while!
How long are you planning on having this server up, and what sort of player-count do you usually get?

We plan on keeping it up for a few months at least as long as it stays popular it will stay. So far we had 12 people join and about half was active and played for a while today. Not bad for the first 24 hours.

It's really hard to find food on the server, you have to stay by the sea and plant a lot of fruit trees to have to eat.

And what about the admin shop that offers $ 100 nuggets when the only way to have money is by selling items that only has with metal tools.

Sorry if I will not stay a long time.

Just now, MonyClair said:

It's really hard to find food on the server, you have to stay by the sea and plant a lot of fruit trees to have to eat.

And what about the admin shop that offers $ 100 nuggets when the only way to have money is by selling items that only has with metal tools.

Sorry if I will not stay a long time.

How far have you explored? What season was it when you started? And as for the nuggets you can always use the gold pan. I remember the owner saying that he wanted to encourage trade between people thats why stuff is so expensive in the shop.

I have explore for 1 hours around my home today and yesterday, first day of the server, i have walk on 2500 meters and only find 4 barley seeds and 6 sugar canes.

Trading what when you have only this kind of seeds to trade ? :/

The Auction house is now working.

Shop is done. You can sell all gems to shop, and all worthless minerals / metals. You can buy a few redstone things and a few basic Minerals. The minerals are expensive to promote players to buy from each other.

The season changes every 12 hours about. I might change this a little. I would like it so each day in RL is a different Season. Might happen Might not just depends on what the players want.

-----------UPDATE LOG-----------------

Well we ran into a bad bug today a very bad bug. After having the server up for 5 days a player has finally pvped another player. This was done on accident as they are in the same faction. The bug made all equipment of killed player vanish from the game. I tried to fix this in the factions configs but it faild. Tested and allowed a player to kill me who was not in my faction and it caused the same bug. Therefor the other server Owner and I have decide to set up grief prevention plugin with some config edits allowing players to raid. Or to try to set up towny(which I have never done and seems a bit complex).

Disabled ender pearl usage in order to make players raid by making a creeper follow them and exploding a hole they can get threw. So there are ways to prevent being raided such as large trenches/moats around your base and walls.

Working on adding a Bounty system to the game so you can place bounty on those who steal / grief you. Or so you can play as a bounty hunter.

Just popping in, I'll probably log into this server later, but I'm already excited by the prospect of a bounty system, hehe. So many character ideas start flowing.
 Towny is also a really great plugin that I love to use, but I've never configured it before so I'm not sure how to help with that. Hopefully you can figure it out!

Hey I am interested. Though I am more the merchant type. Well I will need guards to protect me from bandits. Any takers??

for now the bounty system is disabled(since its not registering the kills when a player kills another player due to the bug) and keep inventory is on until i figure out what is causing this bug. Found out it wasn't factions causing it due to the fact I removed it and it was still doing this. In a bit ill go on to a test server and just test every plugin to slowly figure out which is causing this issue and if it's still going on then idk what will happen. So factions is still installed but things might change still. Hopefully I can fix this.

======= 3 hours later=======

Finally got the pvp bug fixed and bounty is now installed and fully working. Was due to essentials protect(which i forgot to remove in the first place).Therefore Server will stay factions!

Also added 2 chest at spawn one respawns gives a weekly reward the other is a monthly(28days) reward

Changed games year length from 96 to 120

===========================

Edited by Rangendio

10 hours ago, rushedman said:

Hey I am interested. Though I am more the merchant type. Well I will need guards to protect me from bandits. Any takers??

The server's actually pretty peaceful despite PvP being an option, and there's a plugin for sales if you really don't want to risk meeting.

Had a lot of new people over the past few days. I think we even had 12 on at once for a while? Here's hoping for more!

Most players are against PVP and raiding on the server. So far for the past 6 days the server been online We had 50 members join and around 15-20 of them are around at some point of time. It's quite rare to see no one online at all now. And within those 6 days I don't know of anyone being raided or killed in pvp other then the accident from the bug we had but thats all fixed and should be fine now.

Having the bounty system installed people will not want to pvp. Doing so will kind of make them an enemy of the whole server and will be hunted down. Debating about turning the track player system on that is built into the bounty plugin.

Edited by Rangendio

What's the track player system? If it tells you their coords or something, I honestly think that's a little... uncool? Sort of cheaty. But I'd be interested to see how it works.

@rushedman, if you are still interested in being a merchant and need a bodyguard, I could be persuaded. Currently I don't have much and I'm just squatting in abandoned shelters in the acacia forest a ways off from spawn. You can PM me if you want to talk about it in private.

well it tells you roughly the cords of a player like X many blocks away from them which can be set in a config so you get a general idea around where they are

Apparently I can also make it charge a player so much money each time they use the tracking system. so putting it to be around 750 blocks from the player and making it cost a good bit of cash will make people not want to track them. still havent decided if I will turn this on or off.

Edited by Rangendio

My sandwich was too horrible for the server to handle. Sorry.

On 1/6/2017 at 2:27 AM, Pyr0mrcow said:

My sandwich was too horrible for the server to handle. Sorry.

Lol yea, as it says in spawn dont sell food in the /ah.

---------------Server Update---------------------

Fixed the environment Damage/ mobs having default HP etc bugs

Myitems plugin broke again its so weird so half the /tags reward items do not work now therefor temp removed the tags reward chest from the server.

Uploading a mod pack(legacy FTB launcher) for the server to include Merchants and Cellar addon as well as 3d voice chat. This should go into effect in a few days after the pack is approved.

------------------------------------------------------------

Still talking to players to see if they would rather go Towny instead of Factions. This way raiding / Griefing will be harder to do.

Glad you're doing the cellar mod, I was actually going to ask about that one! Might not be able to get on every single day so extending food life while I'm not on to manage it is good, with other people around constantly loading chunks and whatnot.

I have been thinking about making a TFC and towny server, but i dont know how to get mods (forge) and plugins (bukkit) to work together. How did you do it for your sever?

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Server down for updating?

Well, looks fine now. Starting to think that this version or the mod is periodically doing something weird on my end. Nothing else gets interrupted.

Also, if you haven't seen it yet, go vote here for server stuff (for Towny ;D).

Edited by Pyr0mrcow
Progress.

17 hours ago, Mathias Ademar said:

I have been thinking about making a TFC and towny server, but i dont know how to get mods (forge) and plugins (bukkit) to work together. How did you do it for your sever?

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

If you cant figure this out then I personally wouldn't even try. There are so many configs you have to manually  edit to make the TFC work with the plugins. I get so angry trying to fix this stuff all the time lol. Right now I'm having issues getting Lockette(private doors) to work on TFC doors. You can use it on the default door just not the others even thought the TFC doors are in the list to be used... Yea its really really really annoying.

So far everyone has voted and to keep it how it is, is winning. Ill leave the poll up for another 24 hours before I decide what happens to the server.

Also mod pack has been approved finally check first post for pack info. If anyone needs help installing message me. Be sure to use legacy feed the beast launcher. Not the new Curse one.

Last I used Lockette it would not recognize item names and we had to use numbers. The problem is TFC doors actually have different numbers for the top and the bottom.

Lockette uses item IDs, Towny uses ore dictionary names. It's pretty simple to set up protection for all TFC blocks and items. Just put everything you want to protect into a few plugin lists, TFC machines, chests, doors, armor stands, ingot piles, etc. Just don't put everything in a list since that will create problems which you probably don't want ;)