Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Rangendio

[TFC-0.79.29.922 ] Waterhollow |Server closed | Trains | Ships |Star Gates

77 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, ciekma said:

Cauldron effect? There are some mods equivalents for bukkit plugins, such ForgeEssentials, MyTown2 etc.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that we've been totally Forge-based since the crashed map started. We've already got mod-based protection.

...from our best guesses when discussing it, it might've been either the Small Boats mod or some really rebellious zombie.

Edited by Pyr0mrcow

8 hours ago, ciekma said:

Cauldron effect? There are some mods equivalents for bukkit plugins, such ForgeEssentials, MyTown2 etc.

Not running a cauldron server its a forge server with FTB utilities for claiming.

17 hours ago, ciekma said:

Cauldron does not cause world corruption. We've been running Cauldron with plugin based protection for years and have served over 15000 individual players without world corruption caused by Cauldron. We have had TFC eat up chunks here and there in the past, but those were all directly related to TFC bugs which we had to report anonymously. The only people who have a problem with Cauldron seem to be the TFC devs because they refuse to support non-Forge servers.

I'm really thinking it was the small boats mod messing up the world. A few players placed boats which would then just vanish or vanish once they got into them. Which could have corrupted the chunks idk. After removing them everything is running fine on the new world. Also so much peat and iron in this world lol.

After trying for 2 years to use any boat ship mod we just had to give it quits. They all cause problems in a server/multiplayer environment.

Archimedes is beautiful, but if 2 or more players decided to use their ship at the same time it would bring the server to a crawl.

In the end, we just decided to use "Better Boats". It's the same small boat just like in vanilla, but it is a lot better as it does not glitch or break as often, and when it does it gives back a boat and not wood and sticks.

So is the server abandoned? Fire spread is left on, most of the traincraft recipes are broken, and (allegedly) hax0ring russians are griefing whenever they feel like it. There still needs to be some kind of single block protection for trade booths. Signs are missing from the rules board at spawn.

Pyr0 is really trying to help but he's too limited as a mod. We heard noises about another non-TFC server being developed, so maybe that's where all the attention is going.

We do appreciate that the server is free to join, and that a lot of effort went into making it work at all. That being said, people are leaving and the rest of us that want to stay aren't sure if we want to build anything worthwhile if it's just going to get griefed, or burned, or lost entirely when it eventually crashes and doesn't come back online. If Waterhollow is just a lost cause we would really appreciate some kind of notice. Thanks :)

the server is still staying up, just been having some pc issues and been busy a lot lately. The other server you are hearing about it just that another server that isnt TFC so i wont talk about it here. The TFC server will still be running. Also I'm working on getting the mods more powers it just a bunch of stuff i got a do and alittle time lol. Actually its far from being abandon new players are still joining it. 

I'm also looking for some type of mod that i can blacklist clients with mods from a list from joining to help with hackers.

also i keep turning fire spread off but it keeps getting back on some how...

Edited by Rangendio

Cool thanks for the update. I don't think the griefing can ever be stopped entirely, so maybe a good block logger/rollback might work better in the long run. Another major TFC server has been using this for a long time now:

https://dev.bukkit.org/projects/prism

I don't know how processor and time intensive it is, but I am somewhat familiar with LogBlock and this is apparently a much improved version.

the only way people are greifing now is killing animals which are not in a barn since the mod we use doesnt protect them and starting fires by throwing torches on log piles. and since fire tick keeps getting on somehow thats what is causing most of the grieft issues. I'll be doing some offline testing soon to fix some stuff hopefully.

I have resigned as staff and will no longer be playing on the server.

Hopefully the issues get fixed/more people get in on performing those fixes.
Good luck to everyone!

/dropthemic

I'm also leaving.

1) The griefing wars are out of hand. Somehow, "no base raiding" turned into "ok to grief bases with lava" because someone (cough) handed out blue steel lava buckets. WTF.

2) Due to an exploit, Smart Moving is being removed, rather than enforcing the rules and removing the players that cheated with it. The rest of us really like Smart Moving and don't cheat with it.

3) The trading system is practically worthless. TAURION claimed the chunk that has to be unclaimed in front of my trading warehouse for the stalls to work. So not only do I have to replace expensive stalls anytime someone feels like stealing them, now I can't even set it back up after it was stolen twice.  There needs to be a way to configure protection levels on individual claimed chunks, and single block protection for the stalls themselves.

The bottom line here is that the rules need to be enforced, and admins/mods need to follow them too. Otherwise, you might as well just call it an anarchy server. Why make rules at all?

Some people like that. I don't, and neither does anyone that wants to build homes and cities. It's no fun to log in and find everything you've worked many, many hours and days to build up just trashed for the lulz.

Thank you for running a fun server until recently. If the major problems are fixed sometime later, I might try again.

Well I dont know who gave out lava buckets. Also dont know why lava can even be placed on claims or why everyone has to go crazy everytime i start a server. Need to find a better ANTI greif mod since FTB utilities isnt working. 

Server has a bit of work that needs to be done I just cant with my current pc problems.

Well server is going down since people want to go and steal all the players from my server by advertising on it and also using my discord to advertise their sever yea F you dude im done.

Sorry to hear that. I hope  you'll consider running new servers in the future.

We ban people who advertise on our servers. There's only so many alts they can come up with so keep banning and they'll give up eventually. Using MCBans also really helps. We only have to ban a player once to get rid of that player on all of our servers. As for numbers, we've banned about 25% of players on our servers for breaking our rules. So be prepared to ban a ton of players and you'll end up with a server that offers a save environment for players. We have a controversial no swearing rule. As it turns out enforcing that weeds out bad players pretty quickly.

As for protection. Forge sucks to run servers. As a platform it's just not suited to do any of the server admin stuff required to run a public server because there are no mods that even come close to what Bukkit plugins have to offer. Which is part of why we, and other server owners, user things like Cauldron, plugins and command blocks. Sure it takes a lot of work to set up, especially given that TFC is special. But once done it's fairly stable and reliable.

Anyway, good luck and I hope you will be back with new and interesting servers in the future.

Sorry for that.

I hope you are able to overcome this bad experience. In truth, most players are good people just trying to have a good time.Is the few bad apples that ruin the fun for everyone else.

At one time we had 4 servers and all running KCauldron. Is the only practical way to run a Minecraft server. Forge just does not have all the tools and plugins needed to administer the server.

We also had MCBans, and a cool thing is that it allows you to synchronize. so once a player is banned from one of our servers it is banned from all of them. But even better it let you know if the player had previous bans from other servers, When we see someone that was banned from HappyDiggers, we could decide to let it join the server or not. Most of the time I wouldn't bother to have them on my servers.

One important aspect is that you tried to make a TFC PVP server. Those two just don't go together. In Vanilla Minecraft it may work to have PVP, because it is very easy to survive and to build. In TFC it takes a lot of time and effort to build a Blast Furnace, and it is definitely no fun to have someone raid your base and destroy all your hard work.

In any case,  at least you try. If you ever decide to make another go. There are good people that can help you set up the server with the right settings and admin tools.

it was pvp but not raiding based. I was trying to set it up so only way to steal stuff was to find them in game kill them and take their inventory. So it's not as bad as losing your whole base. Just people started to go around the mod protection system or using glitches from other mods to exploit the game and raid / grief. When I tried my best to make it so this wasn't possible. Idk if i'll make another server or what. I might just go back to fallout 4 for a few months. 

I don't like raiding even in Vanilla servers. The whole thing where you log in and people steal your stuff or destroy it without you having a chance to protect it is bull. I always preferred a system like I was trying to set up so you can only steal stuff by pvp and yet you could hide in your house and be protected from pvp. Just wasn't possible to have this set up right with pure forge. I might go back to a Cauldron server or Themos if I do make another TFC server. Just need left those because of some bugs that would duplicate stuff and a few other bugs that would just annoy me.

I might reopen this in a week or so, mostly depending if i get the net working back on my pc correctly.

Not sure when I get back whats going to happen to it. Needs a lot of fixes to server and the mod pack.

I might reopen this in a week or so, mostly depending if i get the net working back on my pc correctly.

Not sure when I get back whats going to happen to it. Needs a lot of fixes to server and the mod pack.

Everything just fine, except BlueSteel buckets bypassing protection, and cant use Market stall on them, so remove (normal tfc peoples not usign lava, only moving water with red steel), and fix Stalls availability on claimed land, so we can make shops. Everything runs absolutely perfect, your server is best of what i saw. And might be added 4 TFC based mods, which fits game perfectly? Mostly deco, bricks, roads, lights, useful stuff, weapons, chainmails, etc. Check them, they dont hurt a game. but if you must add all new blocks to physic system manually it might be difficult.

Well I fixed the bugs I was trying to fix or at least  I think I have it fixed lol. No more duplicated items hopefully.... I'm removing a lot of stuff from the mod pack and adding some other things just to get this working how I like it.  Also playing with the TFC configs a bit like lowering the chasm and i'm liking the world a lot more this way.

Server will have a new mod pack ill upload soon and once again wait for FTB to sync it to the launcher. This will be the final pack I'm making so please do not ask me to add any other mods.

Things removed - to much to list just wait for new mod list to come out lol

Removed the ability to place lava with any type of bucket anywhere. So if you pick it up your bucket will be worthless.

Also monsters are back in game just they only spawn in light level 0 so even at night its too bright on the surface. Mostly will be found in dark caves.

Edited by Rangendio

Glad to see you're back. Good luck with the server :)

Server's last and final mod pack is now synced with FTB launcher. Will be creating recipes for missing items in next few days. been playing legitly working on my new town place so been busy but one winter hits in game ill have nothing to do being I'm a farmer so I'll do it then. so should be in about 2 days. noticed seasons are lasting for about 2-3 days in game just now late summer. Hopefully this balances out the food not having decay.

All craft recipes have been made. 

If you want a stargate you need at least $64,000 in game cash just because the parts take coins to make it. also cost you $500 per thing of fuel for it. So they  can be used but most will rather use the trains / boats / airship before using a gate.

Everything else is going good. Everyone seems to be helping everyone else and already 4 ships built on the server.

Good idea with Stargate, very nice mod.