Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sugar_Fox

Boreal Forest Village

18 posts in this topic

To begin with I must say that I'm playing with a quite bit of mods and the MultiMC Instance of the modpack can be downloaded HERE.
It's a modified Bunsan's modpack (by the way, thank you so much for putting some stuff I couldn't togather). Tweaked some configs and added Carpenter's Blocks. Also planning to add Ships mod, but at the moment too lazy to do so.

So, I've started a new game recently. You may have seen my other topic with a quite big town (steel age) going on there, but unfortunately my friends stopped playing so I had to start all over again in single player this time, and I must say that this time it was probably the best run I had so far. Not going to bother with much more text, here are some screenshots I took, tell me what you think.

this is how it looks from the JourneyMap perspective.

Снимок.PNG

Here I decide to settle down. These are the very first days.

Spoiler

ihQGDGGPmmc.jpg

---

d0DBduEa9qk.jpg

---

yyMYCWioBBk.jpg

---

Bhe9QLQ1EYg.jpg

---

Vc5PLZ77EEc.jpg

Was really hyped about the discovery of Tetrahedrite vine right beneath my shed.

Spoiler

mjSyZytV5hE.jpg

---

GUREAK7MwV0.jpg

---

Cvtnr3-klhg.jpg

---

AJbpv0Q2F2s.jpg

---

6c1ktDl956w.jpg

---

GQubQzNPKQc.jpg

---

2ec_3NSJu1g.jpg

---

cI13rdUcbnw.jpg

Saw a house design by Mac4s on the forum and just fell in love with it. Modified it a bit and started building.

Spoiler

kL8Fz9lPr84.jpg

---

yUS1dKHqBLk.jpg

---

56FljoH7Zrs.jpg

---

-QFu6ZgtMmI.jpg

---

nw5XFTej0xA.jpg

Found horses, cows and sheep nearby. Started working on a barn for them to stay in.

Spoiler

F49GvpNqJqs.jpg

---

KS1oWLmseiw.jpg

---

nCeKq6cz1Qs.jpg

As you have already seen, there are some hot springs ringh outside my shed. This is very convinient, but it looked ugly, so a made an open bath.

Spoiler

32pOM9a3kVw.jpg

---

0ZwCzdkswPU.jpg

---

nxYF36a7WIs.jpg

As soon as I got my hand on Cassetirite, I started building a Bloomery. There's only one functioning right now, but there'll be 3 by the end.

Spoiler

hf5EPIer08Y.jpg

---

vtS1Sq6JwZs.jpg

---

Also made an ingot storage.

atb2JerioE4.jpg

And this is how it looked from different perspectives throughout the ingame year.

Spoiler

yLgXYIm87Lg.jpg

---

7ps6NzEf5l0.jpg

---

nwjGt6fClyE.jpg

---

Lsm2FM8R2Gs.jpg

---

Hq4jmDx2_Nw.jpg

---

rYHsjatn2hI.jpg

Farming was going so well and I just couldn't cope with all the food I got from it. It was just decaying much faster than consumed, so I built a cellar. God, that took so much wood, clay and time.

Spoiler

d0DBduEa9qk.jpg

---

DhQ8XECNmCc.jpg

---

Cu0Tm6RYKyg.jpg

---

evTLhdWvMjI.jpg

That's it for now. Gonna be adding new screenshots when I get some.

Edited by Sugar_Fox
updated the link to the modpack

I'm loving the triple bloomery design!

Ever thought of using that for a castle?

On 22.01.2017 at 1:55 PM, dukejuke said:

Thanks! Spent quite some time working on it in creative world.
I've actually changed it quite a bit. Added a circular staircase by both entrances, so it's easier to get on the top and looks much better. I'll post a screenshot as soon as I get down to updating the topic.

Talking about the castle, yeah, I actually have. However, I do believe it's going to be hard to accomplish such a task, as the area that my village occupies is relevantly large and exceeds my normal spawn protection radius.
So, I either have to change the chunk spawn protection radius (which I have absolutely no idea of how to), or give up on an idea of a secluded castle, as mobs will keep spawning within the wall perimeter. 

Nevertheless, a castle will still be built anyway, but this village is going to be the land, that belongs to the castle, rather than the castle itself. (a castle will be somewhere nearby)
I fould a nice spot for it a bit to the north of the village, closer to the sea. I also plan for this castle to have a port, so that I had some place to dock my ships.

Nice to see that you like my little house design :D That was a surprise.  Also nice surrounding area you have there, except the grass, I just can't look at the dry grassland. 

9 hours ago, Mac4s said:

Nice to see that you like my little house design :D That was a surprise.  Also nice surrounding area you have there, except the grass, I just can't look at the dry grassland. 

Yeah, I know, the grass is such a pain, especially in the distance.
The filters start rolling in and the grass starts to look like some moss, whis is not only ugly, but also somewhat disgusting. Ughh

But hey, I got used to that.
The grass actually started to seem pretty... but only in winter...

And yeah, the design is beautiful. I wanted to build something like that myself, but the wooden planks' walls would always cut my eyes.
The whole idea of replacing them with log piles itself...
God, that's genius!

On 22.03.2017 at 1:59 AM, fred_ttangi said:

i cant download the pack

Sorry, I've updated the modpack and forgot to edit the link to a newer version.
I've added shaders. Water, plants, leaves and, what's no less important, rivers work fantastic. However, my fps drops from 90 to 20-30.
Nevertheless, I do think that TFC should definetly be played with shaders. It's just so beautiful then.

Anyway, I've aupdated the link in the post itself, but you can also get it HERE.

Edited by Sugar_Fox

On 22.01.2017 at 1:55 PM, dukejuke said:

I finally got my hands on the bloomery. It's been a long break for me, haven't played TFC for a couple of months now, but afer a tourism trip to Azerbaijan I feen inspired to build and create again!
Here is the newer, better version of the bloomery. It's much easier now to get to the top. Looks better aswell I think.

Spoiler

Creative build

gtt7yvwPdxc.jpg

Spoiler

Survival build

a_xC1eCeVXk.jpg

17 minutes ago, Sugar_Fox said:

Sorry, I've updated the modpack and forgot to edit the link to a newer version.
I've added shaders. Water, plants, leaves and, what's no less important, rivers work fantastic. However, my fps drops from 90 to 20-30.
Nevertheless, I do think that TFC should definetly be played with shaders. It's just so beautiful then.

Anyway, I've aupdated the link in the post itself, but you can also get it HERE.

thanks

Well hello there sexy!

This is beginning to look less like a bloomery and more like a middle eastern dwarf temple, the chimneys are remniscient of Masjid domes/minarets.

Which i guess was the point? :P

All in all, asbsolutely Haram!

(TFC2 Dwarves when?)

7 hours ago, dukejuke said:

Well hello there sexy!

This is beginning to look less like a bloomery and more like a middle eastern dwarf temple, the chimneys are remniscient of Masjid domes/minarets.

Which i guess was the point? :P

All in all, asbsolutely Haram!

(TFC2 Dwarves when?)

Yup, that was indeed the point
I wanted my village to looke more like a scandinavian town on IIX century, but when I realised that they didn't have any bloomeries (they did, but they were aweful) I just didn't know what to do, so I did waht I can do good enough: Temples!

One ingame year passed and so did my Copper mine get depleated.

Well, deamn, that's bad.

Spoiler

23Izc8rgwJ4.jpg

----

-6QESTkXC-0.jpg

The last layer gave me 47 ingots, although it's sooooo not enough. I still need a whole tonn of copper to make 2 more bloomeries, which consist of 32 bronze ingots each, and as we all know, bronze is 90% copper.
Seems like I'm gonna have to look for a new vien. Hopefully the new one won't be poor like this one.

I've spent like 4 hours to locate a new Malachite vien and to dig it out.

It was on the very surface, so I made a quarry instead of a mineshaft.
Unfortunately forgot to make a screenshot of it.
I will the next time I go there, but I doubt it will be any time soon.

Spoiler

Ingot storage

VCz1bMNGH5Q.jpg

Now my plans are to finish the bloomery, as there is only 1 out of 3 ready to use.

The next up is locating some Iron. I have a lot of Limonite marked around, just need to find the best place to set up a mineshaft.
Then there comes iron age and with iron tools I'm gonna start working on buildings, and there is quite a lot in plans:

Снимок.PNG

Edited by Sugar_Fox

On 06/04/2017 at 10:33 AM, Sugar_Fox said:

I've spent like 4 hours to locate a new Malachite vien and to dig it out.

It was on the very surface, so I made a quarry instead of a mineshaft.
Unfortunately forgot to make a screenshot of it.
I will the next time I go there, but I doubt it will be any time soon.

Reveal hidden contents

Ingot storage

VCz1bMNGH5Q.jpg

Now my plans are to finish the bloomery, as there is only 1 out of 3 ready to use.

The next up is locating some Iron. I have a lot of Limonite marked around, just need to find the best place to set up a mineshaft.
Then there comes iron age and with iron tools I'm gonna start working on buildings, and there is quite a lot in plans:

Снимок.PNG

there´s any seed that you used or a download link to map

On 10/01/2017 at 10:16 AM, Sugar_Fox said:

As soon as I got my hand on Cassetirite, I started building a Bloomery. There's only one functioning right now, but there'll be 3 by the end.

Hide contents

how do you build that

On 04.06.2017 at 9:42 PM, fred_ttangi said:

how do you build that

I use "Carpenter's Blocks" mod that adds triangle-shaped blocks
You can download the modpack I assambled Here

And about the map seed, I got it generated at random, but you can have one for yourself
Here it is: -542253696

The place I'm at is a bit south from the spawn
X: 400
Z: -12400

On 20/06/2017 at 4:53 PM, Sugar_Fox said:

And about the map seed, I got it generated at random, but you can have one for yourself

ok thanks

On 19/06/2017 at 4:53 PM, Sugar_Fox said:

link not found