Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.

11 posts in this topic

PACK IS NOW AVAILABLE

June 1st 1000 B.C.E...
Dulakaba sat in his dugout shelter staring ahead as he gnawed on the chunk of roasted pig.
The hole in the clay bank was small but it was a blessed refuge from the Night Things.
The walking flesh and bones of the restless ancestors growled and moaned as they shuffled past the entrance he had blocked up with sturdy logs. He still reeled with disbelief...Everyone was gone, every last member of his tribe had perished to the night things, he was the last... He knew much about living in this hostile world. However being pushed out of the safety of the village in this - the cold new spring - meant that things were going to be hard at first... very hard.

Old Atuku had taught him the rudiments of working copper and bronze, and dear sweet Ereketh had shown him many times how she nurtured and coaxed the green shoots from the giving earth. Paku the weaver had told him stories as she twisted cordage and even the medicine man Agaru had freely shared his wisdom. However Dulakaba was a hunter, indeed his javelins had taken down the old boar that now warmed his belly and its skin would soon provide a new quiver. But here he was, needing to do the work of a whole village. He now must be hunter, farmer, smith, weaver... and medicine man. As he wiped the juice from his beard and longed for a drink of water he recalled Agaru's words...

"360 days is the cycle of the year, then the stars return to their places, day is the time of  'that which is good', the night holds the restless ancestors. Honor the bounty of the land and do not let the sun set upon you unless you are a mighty warrior..."

Dulakaba swore an oath then speaking to all and none...

" Atuku, Ereketh, Paku... Agaru. I am Dulakaba, you know me, know I will honor your spirits by using all you have taught me to survive and become a mighty warrior that I need not fear the sun's setting! But know that if I find you walking among the restless ancestors I shall not spare you!"

A guttural growl from outside reminded him that he was not alone and he fell silent...

Welcome to the TFC360 modpack. This modpack is currently hosted on theFTB portion of the Curse ClientFOUND HERE

This mod is not available through the legacy launcher of FTB, It can be located in the Curse Chat Client by

1. Launch CCC 

2. clicking the minecraft Icon on the left side (looks like a creeper's face), it will ask you to install Minecraft if you have not used the app before.

3. , select the "Browse All Modpacks" button.  

4. lastly in the new window choose sort by Author (top right box) and then search for Dulakaba or TFC360. The Icon that appears will be a photo of a Grizzly Bear with the word Kache.

CLICK HERE FOR A SHORT VIDEO ON HOW TO GET THE PACK 

As a trained survivalist, and hunting & fishing guide versed in the craft of neolithic and 1st nations wilderness living I found TFC to be a thrilling experience that sometimes felt devoid of some of the  aspects of wild living, and the default TFC year (96 days) felt too short. The purpose of this pack is to create a play experience using a 360 day year and to integrate the PlantMegaPack into TFC . This allows some PMP assets (plants of several sorts) to be used in the fashion that they were used by the First Nations peoples of our planet.

THIS MODPACK IS SET TO PLAY A 360 DAY YEAR, this is not only so that the Stellarsky mod works in harmony with TFC, but also so that one must play a true hunter gatherer at first. It is also to insure that any PMP additions don't over power TFC.

NOTE: Please give the pack a try in its default state before changing things. Due to the limitations of the mods involved as well as a desire to not break the progression arc of TFC the config files for many of the mods are preset. 
Ores are a little more populated than in default TFC and mining collapses are turned off. Many people find the load time on a fresh map to be quite long due to the mod weight, so I have included a great starting map so you can load up and try the mod right away.  I suggest putting your render distance on low and using fast setting for initial map load, then crank it up to your preferences on a second map load. This pack is meant to be a learning experience both for me as the assembler and for you the player. Thus while I will provide you with some basic information of where to look for recipes, I will leave it to you to discover the particulars via NEI. A Documents folder is included in the pack directory with the pdf files for the udary mod and a copy of the information in this post.

Getting started:
When you first enter a map use the 'u' key to turn off the Stellarsky HUD. 

This scenario starts at June 1st 1000 B.C.E. There may likely be ice still in the waters if you appear very far north and the early crops have just begun approaching maturity. One starts as a hunter-gatherer and so fish, fowl, and animals will be a prime food source. Augment your diet with TFC seaweed and the few ripe food plants that will be available..
A 360 day year means everything matures more slowly. If you are patient and survive the difficult first month, a bounty of crops awaits you. Use that initial time to get your tools in order and to get a garden going.

PMP:
PMP is set to remove all bamboo related recipes and to reduce the over all plant spawns so that finding fields full of raw materials is unlikely to happen. NONE of the PMP foods function in TFC and while I took the time to make recipes to craft the extensive hanging plant collection and hangers of PMP, any PMP berry bushes will need to be converted to their TFC equivalents, and PMP crop plants will need to be converted to TFC seeds. One MAY NOT convert PMP berries or crops to actual food, this represents finding a wild cultivar of a species with fruit / crops from the previous year that must be grown to be domesticated. One may convert PMP items by simply placing the bush / crop in the crafting window. Toss those old PMP berries away, they are too old to be edible...

Mine Tweaker Recipes I have added many custom recipes using Mine Tweaker. (remember to see recipes, open inventory with 'e' then use the search box at the bottom of NEI for the final products, mouse over the item you want to craft and use 'R')

PMP Hanging plants:

use a stick, the normal plant and a ceramic bowl to craft hanging plants. (The hangers themselves are easily found in NEI for details.)

Wedge splitting softwoods: A stone hammer, a stone knife and a softwood log placed in the crafting grid will give two lumber (knife is lost due to breaking under the strain). Uses Pine, Fir, Spruce, Willow and Kapok. Other woods are too hard for the simple stone tools.

Camp fire charcoal: Some but not all Hardwoods like Oak, Ash, Hickory and a few others can be put in the campfire to make a single piece of charcoal. You will have to experiment to see which ones. This process takes a long time and it will use much fuel for a small return.

Lime chunks from coral fragments. If you brave the depths and harvest some coral, it can be broken into fragments in the crafting grid. These fragments can be heated in the campfire to make a simple calcium compound usable in the place of limestone. This is a delicate and slow process, the coral must be heated ever so slowly to avoid the release of carbon dioxide or the ruining of the final product, so be patient! To insure that one does not gas themselves or burn up the coral, use Ash, Oak, Maple or Douglas Fir as fuel, no other woods hit the right temp. Break up the resulting lime with a hammer.

Flu-Flu Arrows. Feathers are not the only fletching material used by our ancestors. One may use a stone, a stick, some string / yarn and a tuft of wool to make 2 arrows. This represents the use of 'flu-flu' fletching

Alternate bed recipe: 3 burlap cloth, 3 thatch blocks, and 3 lumber creates a functional (if somewhat uncomfortable) bed.

String and rope.
Our ancestors used many materials for rope and string. Use the recipe function in NEI to find sources of string and rope made from:
Cattails
Dwarf Palmetto
Cordgrass
Pale Yucca
Sphagnum moss

Fertilizer from zombie flesh
Are the walking dead making life hard? Well use them to make life better! Grind a stack of 10 zombie flesh in the quern to make a single fertilizer.

Tannin from ash wood, use standard TFC tannin barrel recipe with an ash wood log.

Fire clay. While graphite and kaolinite are indeed used in modern fire clay, our ancestors were not so fancy. Any block of sand and 3 clay balls will make a single ball of fire clay. Remember to scatter the clay around the sand rather than stack the clay balls.

Fire flint: a piece of magnetite picked up off the ground and a piece of flint make a basic flint and steel. Note that poor magnetite wont work (it is too impure) also magnetite and rich magnetite mined from ore blocks is too large to fit the hand comfortably. Udary mod allows one to use a hammer and ore in the crafting grid to break large ores into smaller pieces.

Potions: The following potions are made by adding the correct plants and items along with an awkward potion in the crafting grid. Check NEI for the recipes.

Night vision 1

waterbreathing 1

regeneration 1 (takes many items to make)

Swiftness 1

10 bottles of awkward potion are gained by sealing a stack of 10 woolly Gompus (a rare mushroom) in a full barrel of vinegar for 8 hours.

Drop empty potion bottles in your crafting grid to get a TFC bottle back out.

Any issues with this modpack should be directed to me rather than the mod authors.

Mod list with notes
TFC 0.70.29 (Bioxx, Dunkleosteus, Kittychanley)
Not Enough Items (Chickenbones) all custom recipes show in NEI
Terrafirmacraft NEI Plugin (Dries007)
Fastcraft (Player)
Damage Indicators (rich1051414)
Decorations(TFC) (Aleksey Terzi)
Leather Waterskin (Emris_Morath)
Terrafirma Stuff (Bunsan, AnodeCathode)
Terramisc (Powerman913717)
TFCPewter (Peffern)
Cellarsaddon (sladki)
Better Boat (SanAndreasP) due to the mod syncing boat and server locations these boats can rubber-band a bit.
Bibliocraft  (JDSinclair)
BibliowoodsTFC (JDSinclair)
Farseek (delvr)
Mine Tweaker 3 (Stan Hebben)
TFC Tweaker (Stray Wolfe)
Plant mega Pack (10paktimbits)
Skinport (zlainsama) This allows you to use your current minecraft skin in 1.7.10 complete with outer layers
Stellar Sky (Abastro) Set to the actual sky for june 1st 1000 B.C.E and adjusted for correct sunrise and sets. (use the 'u' key to close the Stellarsky HUD)
Streams (delvr)
WAILA (ProfMobius)
Udarymod (Bletch)
TFCScales(Acid-Maker&Chogata)
Fingerintheiwnd (Konlii)

DEPENDANCIES:
Code Chicken Core 1.0.7.47 (Chickenbones)
IVtoolkit 1.0.3 (Ivorius)
Bookshelf 1.7.10 - 1.0.4.178 (darkhax, lclc98)
sciAPI 0.5.2 (Abastro)

COMING in 2.0 TFCshaman, a custom mod that adds drums, a rattle, flute and medicine pouch. You will be able to become a shaman and tap the mysterious forces of the Endermen, Spiders, Zombies, horses, Bears and other denizens of TFC! ETA FEB 15 2017.

Note: While I am a big fan of Dynamic Lights (AtomicStryker) it is not included in this pack due to Licensing issues via Curse.  Also I tried adding Cooking with TFC but could not get it to work. I have not added some of Peffern's other coolmods like the well and pumkin mods but I HIGHLY recommend them.

Edited to add tags

Edited by Dulakaba
adding a link to a video for install

I have determined there is no way in HELL to find your modpack on the Curse (cursed) site. I tried any number of times to search and no dice....then I scrolled through the endless list of bloody modpacks.....nope. Your modpack sounds interesting but my mouse wheel has overheated from scrolling....cheerio.

Edited by Bbushh

Pack now works as intended in the curse client and can be downloaded

Edited by Dulakaba
spelling

This'd make a good server....just saying.

COMING in 2.0 TFCshaman, a custom mod that adds drums, a rattle, flute and medicine pouch. You will be able to become a shaman and tap the mysterious forces of the Endermen, Spiders, Zombies, horses, Bears and other denizens of TFC! ETA FEB 15 2017.

Whoa! This is splendid idea and first time I've seen in minecraft something like this *.* Like it very much ^^

With announcement of Pefferns's planned crop development modding asset i will be holding off the release of the TFCshaman mod for a little longer. The ability to add some special shamanic  crops is worth the wait!.

Hey this looks great! Probably a dumb question, but with the changes present here, how compatible is this with technodefirmacraft? I haven't tested this out yet, but would it be as simple as copying over the ..stuff..jar?