Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
voidbreath

TFC Skyblock

13 posts in this topic

I am currently working on a Terrafirmacraft based skyblock pack, not sure how it will turn out but I'm hoping to gauge reaction and maybe get some suggestions here.

that sounds amazing mate, i would certainly be interested in following this project, and offering any help i could...

there would be a lot to think about, with all the different tree and rock/gravel/sand/dirt types - would you want to somehow integrate these into ex nihilo so that certain types of sand etc would produce different ores / minerals?

if you wanted any original music or sound making I would be happy to directly contribute on that front but im afraid my actual modding skills are less than acceptable!

That's the general idea, i also want to go through and modify as many recipes as possible to use the TFC ingots and such as well as a quest book, the biggest challenge at the beginning will of course be expanding the platform as blocks have gravity

aha yes, and you'd need an axe to chop the tree... and a saw to make planks.... the plot thickens......

I would definitely check out a TFC based skyblock pack, if it was well put-together. There's nothing quite like a good skyblock! You might need to alter a lot of recipes to use sticks instead of planks though, or maybe a way to make planks from sticks. I look forward to seeing it!

Should i make sifting produce TFC ores? as apposed to the normal ex nihilo results, I've been considering something along the lines of poor from gravel normal from sand and rich from dust to kinda approximate the effects of ex nihilo's existing system

You should have a look at the new Ex Nihilo since 1.10 there is no longer ore gravel/sand/dust but only ore pieces. and they changed the sieves quite a lot... with exchangable meshes to influence the output of the sieving. (playing a bit of SkyFactory3 should give you a few insights)

And with a TFC Skyblock you just can not in any feasible way start with a dirtblock+tree but rather some island thingy as with Agrarian Skies. Otherwiese you would have to alter the base game itself in ways that would just force it into no longer being TFC.

Yeah the new ex nihilo stuff with the meshes is a nice touch - but i dont think this would stop you doing the gravel=poor, sand=normal, dust=rich as you described as for TFC you wouldnt need ore blocks anyway, just the pieces

and the island idea could be the way to go... i'd like to see what that might look like.... 

although someone earlier on suggested adding a recipe for crafting planks from sticks... i think if you made this REAL expensive (say 9 sticks for 1 plank) it wouldn't change the core of TFC as it would only be viable when starting out but later youd still want a saw etc to make planks in bulk...

you'd also want to get rocks from somewhere.... i wonder if you could add a chance in that a rock item is spawned everytime a piece of dirt caves in - if that makes sense? 

Well just have the player start with 5 basalt rock lying on the island and any further rocks are acquired by sifting dirt? (but i guess you would want to do something like.

Dirt = Basalt  Gravel = Diorite Sand = Rocksalt and Dust = Graphite and Kaolinite

to at least get the basics somewhat spread and. and yeah you really do NOT want to put in EVERY stone type because otherwise you might run into the problem very often that ppl sift dirt and then got like 8 types of rock but only 1 each and the last axe breaks... so they are basically done for

yeah true or a recipe that just converts all rocks into one central type - it would be a shame to lose all the rock types as that variety for building is one of the great things about TFC. Might also be good to add a recipe for turning rock into raw stone, maybe a 3x3 of rocks?

my current intention regarding stone will be to make all stone craftable into the next type of stone as people getting salt is or whatever like that isnt much of an issue

As for wood im thinking to start them with a vanilla tree and receive various tfc saplings from repeatable quests, the twist is that vanilla wood can only be made into sticks and ill modify early game recipes to be craftable with either logs and sticks or tfc planks

Edited by voidbreath

If there's a mod I don't think would be possible to make skyblock, I think TCF would be it. Good luck dude, sounds interesting :D

Ok so ive run into a bit of a roadblock, i cant find a good way to generate a void world, if anyone has any ideas please share