Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Wizard_76

Ideas for advanced cooking in TFC

8 posts in this topic

Ok, I cant mod, but I do have some ideas Id love to see made into an add-on mod for TFC, that I think could possibly work well with how TFCraft works.

1. Presser. Similar to the Pams Harvestcraft presser. soybeans to tofu [protein/meat substitute], soy milk [dairy supplement/substitute]. Eggs to Mayonaise? If peanuts could be added, could be used to make peanut butter.

2. Slicer. Slices meats, veg, fruits? a way to control how to divide your food items easier and with more accuracy and ease of use.

3. Canning station. Make "Mason Jars" and can your fruits and vegetables to drastically cut down on decay. Maybe the mason jars have a percentage to break when opened, and would need tin to make lids. Or could even add a recipe to the forge to make tin cans?

4. Sandwich station. A more advanced place to make sandwiches than a stone or wood block, would need prepared foods like cold cuts or sliced vegetables, etc?

5. Appliances? tables and chairs, counters, oven, range, refridgerator, sink?

I dont know how some of these would work but TFC has a unique way to do things, Im sure someone clever could make some of these work.

Some possible crops to add could be peanuts, lettuce, celery. Grapes could be added if someone could figure out how to make vines. Think Growthgraft.

A cauldron could be added for a place to make Broth, Soup, Stew, Porridge, Stock...

Edit 1: Maybe also add a Jam and Jelly station, to make jams, jellies, and preserves out of fruit. Also, an Apiary would be cool. Bees in TFC? Honey and toast...  Perhaps some additional Egg recipes, like Egg Salad Sandwiches, Hard Boiled egg, Quiche from the oven, with tasty veggies mixed in? Yeah, a lot of this stuff could be end game, but imagine distracting that bear that always kills you with a bit of honey...

Edited by Wizard_76

5 hours ago, Shunkaha said:

Did you check this topic : 

It could satisfy your needs.

yeah, I saw that but not interested at all in a spice of life varient for tfc. Besides, whats I was thinking was different, other than the presser.

TFC-Scales addon lets you divide food precisely. 

15 hours ago, Bunsan said:

TFC-Scales addon lets you divide food precisely. 

yeah it does, and I have that, but its not very easy to use. Although it is very handy and I like it. I was thinking with the slicer, it would do more than divide food, but would also be used to make new types of food as well.

On 3/30/2017 at 3:04 PM, Wizard_76 said:

yeah, I saw that but not interested at all in a spice of life varient for tfc. Besides, whats I was thinking was different, other than the presser.

I'm actually implementing most of what you have suggested or I've already implemented it. As far as the spice of life stuff, it can be disabled in the config since many people do not like it. Who knows..I might have the pickiness disabled by default in a future update.

5 hours ago, StrayWolfe said:

I'm actually implementing most of what you have suggested or I've already implemented it. As far as the spice of life stuff, it can be disabled in the config since many people do not like it. Who knows..I might have the pickiness disabled by default in a future update.

Dude, if you could disable the spice of life effect and the pickiness, I would SO totally add this to my modpack, if that would be ok.

I'm planning a new TFC Lets Play series on my YouTube channel. If I add your mod, can I use it in my modpack?

Also, If you could add my ideas to your mod I would definitely use it long term in my TFC lets play series as well as offline.

Would you be interested in perhaps making a custom mod for me, for my series? I have an awesome idea for adding some more custom mobs to TFC, both hostile-ish and passive.

The spice of life effect and pickiness can be disable by setting "Toggle whether repeated consumption of food gives less hunger:" to false. I have not fully released the mod as I still consider it as a WIP but I would say it is stable enough that you can add it to your pack it you want. I am at the point of considering a full release of the mod. As far as a custom mod, I am not really interesting in starting another project at this point in time.